Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Social media

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:17 am
Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:28 am
Take the three months! Get out of there! It's coming from the inside.
The employees should be careful what they say and how they handle any departure. If they voluntarily click any button such as "Yes I want to leave," then suddenly they've quit rather than being fired, and they might lose their benefits or severance or stocks or whatever else they would be entitled to if fired. It's probably afoul of various California employment laws, what Elon is doing, but I am no expert in such.
Maybe just don’t choose “I want to leave” and quiet quit instead.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Last night on Twitter was nuts. Almost all of the engineers quit the company; the site is run by a skeleton crew of miscreants now. Everybody was saying goodbye and posting Titanic sinking memes and such things. Meanwhile:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I am actually enjoying the Twitter meltdown aside from all the employees having to find other jobs. He obviously has zero respect for any Twitter employee. His heavy handed approach has quickly led to the demise of the company he just bought and there is no one to blame but himself. I won’t lose any sleep if Twitter went away.

Another billionaire with a massive ego who has no respect for those who work for him. Bezos just simultaneously fired half his employees and gave Dolly Pardon 100 million dollars to spend on whatever charities she wants. There is something wrong with that. We can’t afford to keep you guys on the payroll anymore, so you are fired. I have so much money from this company that I am running out of ways to spend it so I will give $100,000,000 away to make myself look good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Along those line, ‘Dack:

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still refuse to use Tiktok and think it's dangerous. Wouldn't surprise me if they ban it in the US or force the company to sell it to a US ownership.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A supergenius, a titan of business and technology.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Karma…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They're saying now that Elon has people working on a brain implant the size of a coin. Who in their right mind would get that thing implanted? I also think it's rich that people were making up conspiracy theories about COVID vaccines containing evil microchips in them, but now some of those same people think it would be cool to voluntarily get a microchip put in their brain.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t doubt some day they will implant chips that enhance our lives. I’m going to France. I better make sure my Universal translator is working.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cool, cool. Twitter's turning into a swell place.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

When it's going great

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Musk says Twitter will charge more to iOS/Apple users due to the 30% Apple tax. But I don't think Apple allows differential pricing like that as per their terms of service. Could lead to Twitter getting their app removed or suspended from the app store.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A bit more. Musk is letting journalists have access to Twitter's internal systems, presumably so they can look for bombshell documents or communications or something? And basically hiring anyone on as an intern if they praise him the right way. Good times.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"Free speech absolutist" Elon Musk now openly threatening to fire his employees if they leak information.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

His politics are a total mystery...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I had a lot more respect for Musk until he started talking.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Musk is trying a Trump tactic of not paying people to save money.

Elon Musk's Twitter isn't paying its bills
https://www.axios.com/2022/12/14/twitte ... bills-rent
Twitter has stopped paying the rent on some of its office leases and hasn't paid numerous other vendors since Elon Musk acquired the company in late October, Axios has learned from multiple sources.

The delinquency is so widespread that some believe it's de facto policy under Musk, as suggested in a New York Times report about how the company's new owner is seeking to cut costs.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's a bit of hubbub over Musk deciding to ban accounts that track the location of his private jet.