Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: Social media

Post by Cap »

They haven’t been “purged.” They have simply abandoned journalism in favor of media institutions like Fox “News.”

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

A real journalist looks for facts. If you work at FOX the pay is good. You just have to be willing to ignore facts and not be called a journalist anymore.

Split T

Post by Split T »

That’s kinda strange…is it that republicans don’t want to be reporters or is it because media companies are run by democrats and don’t hire republicans? I can see why something like this would make republicans not trust the media.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think the biggest reason Republicans don’t trust the media is because their leaders like Trump tell them not to trust the media, FBI, IRS, prosecutors, judges, juries or ANY US institution. The media gets in the way of people trying to do sneaky underhanded things like take over the country by force.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well sure, it’s definitely fueled by that, but when you can show that nearly all reporters are not Republican, it gives a little credibility to the claims

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The journalists self identify don’t they? They aren’t told what party they identify with. They pick. Looking at that list it also shows the number of Democrat journalists have gone down compared to previous years. It appears that journalists that identify as Independents have grown quite a bit. That seems like a good thing to me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:54 am
That’s kinda strange…is it that republicans don’t want to be reporters or is it because media companies are run by democrats and don’t hire republicans? I can see why something like this would make republicans not trust the media.
I don't think party affiliation is part of the hiring process. Is it even legal to ask?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think it would be hard to figure out based on their work…well if they are political writers

Split T

Post by Split T »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:26 am
The journalists self identify don’t they? They aren’t told what party they identify with. They pick. Looking at that list it also shows the number of Democrat journalists have gone down compared to previous years. It appears that journalists that identify as Independents have grown quite a bit. That seems like a good thing to me.
Yes independent journalists seems like a good thing

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Would you pay to use Twitter? I think I'd try to move to a free alternative.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I already said no to free.

Cap

Post by Cap »

That article is from September. If we haven’t heard anything more on it, I’m guessing it was just a dumb idea that was quickly dropped.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's a shame.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is he planning on selling or is he going to get a tax break for all the preceived value lost?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m guessing the latter. The more people want him to sell the less likely he is to sell.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

From my daily Morning Brew newsletter:
Musk’s drug use reportedly worries his company’s leaders.

Execs and board members at SpaceX, Tesla, and other companies run by Elon Musk are concerned about the business impacts of Musk’s persistent drug use, according to the WSJ. Musk’s reported use of drugs, including ketamine, cocaine, LSD, and ecstasy, at parties could imperil SpaceX’s lucrative contracts with NASA and violate company policies at Tesla, a publicly traded company with a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders, the WSJ notes. Musk’s lawyer responded that the billionaire has never failed a drug test at SpaceX.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If it's true that he's never failed a drug test at SpaceX, then this is just a nasty smear without any evidence, only trying to kick him out. There are a lot of people that are afraid of what Musk could do. Musk must be over the target lately, getting so much fire.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:45 am
If it's true that he's never failed a drug test at SpaceX, then this is just a nasty smear without any evidence, only trying to kick him out. There are a lot of people that are afraid of what Musk could do. Musk must be over the target lately, getting so much fire.
There are a lot of tricks and masking agents and timing. Just because he hasn't publicly been caught doesn't mean it's not true. And where there's smoke, there's fire.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:37 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:45 am
There are a lot of tricks and masking agents and timing. Just because he hasn't publicly been caught doesn't mean it's not true. And where there's smoke, there's fire.
Is this smoke, or is it just some people wanting to paint a narrative of smoke?