Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Social media

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:52 am
He's also claiming that this never happened, so take that for what it's worth.
I do feel strongly that we should not assume someone is guilty just because they are accused. And a cash settlement is not admission of guilt. Though Elon himself has stated in the past that his policy on such things would be to fight them 100% if they were false, so I don't know how that aligns with this settlement.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:58 am
In2ition wrote:
I do feel strongly that we should not assume someone is guilty just because they are accused. And a cash settlement is not admission of guilt. Though Elon himself has stated in the past that his policy on such things would be to fight them 100% if they were false, so I don't know how that aligns with this settlement.
I haven't seen the evidence of this settlement, so I am not saying it's not legitimate. He's claiming it's all made up, so idk. Does she have to give the money back if it is legitimate now?

I guess we'll see if he fights this 100% or not.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

"This never happened! Which is why I paid someone to never talk about it!"

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:58 am
In2ition wrote:

I do feel strongly that we should not assume someone is guilty just because they are accused.
And a cash settlement is not admission of guilt. Though Elon himself has stated in the past that his policy on such things would be to fight them 100% if they were false, so I don't know how that aligns with this settlement.
That is fair, but you should always by looking at someone in a power of authority over someone else (boss/employee, teacher/student, president/intern) as the potential abuser instead of assuming it is a lie or 100% consensual.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:25 am
"This never happened! Which is why I paid someone to never talk about it!"
Are you positive that he actually paid this? He said the entire story is false, so that could mean he never paid this woman to be silent either?

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen yet, and perhaps I've just missed it, that it's been confirmed for a fact that he paid for this.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

From the article:
The attendant's complaint was resolved quickly after a session with a mediator that Musk personally attended. The matter never reached a court of law or an arbitration proceeding. In November 2018, Musk, SpaceX and the flight attendant entered into a severance agreement granting the attendant a $250,000 payment in exchange for a promise not to sue over the claims.

The agreement also included restrictive non-disclosure and non-disparagement clauses that bar the attendant from ever discussing the severance payment or disclosing any information of any kind about Musk and his businesses, including SpaceX and Tesla.
Musk didn't say this was a lie. He said 'if I did sexually harass someone you would have heard about it sooner...'

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:38 am
From the article:
The attendant's complaint was resolved quickly after a session with a mediator that Musk personally attended. The matter never reached a court of law or an arbitration proceeding. In November 2018, Musk, SpaceX and the flight attendant entered into a severance agreement granting the attendant a $250,000 payment in exchange for a promise not to sue over the claims.

The agreement also included restrictive non-disclosure and non-disparagement clauses that bar the attendant from ever discussing the severance payment or disclosing any information of any kind about Musk and his businesses, including SpaceX and Tesla.
Musk didn't say this was a lie. He said 'if I did sexually harass someone you would have heard about it sooner...'
Ok, seems like it's been substantiated that it's real. This is a minor note, but I do wonder if she has to now return the money? I guess we'll see what he does in fighting this, if he claims it's not true at all.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This isn't necessarily 'Social' media, but it is media. This is essentially a trailer to a 26 minute documentary about these type of lies propagated by the MSM to get you to believe.
Who here is a big enough person to admit they were 100% convinced and bought in?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not watching.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:06 am
Not watching.
Why not? Glenn Greenwald can't have any extreme bias against the media to the point where he might cobble together a cherry picked video that supports his livelihood, could he?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 11:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Not watching.
Why not? Glenn Greenwald can't have any extreme bias against the media to the point where he might cobble together a cherry picked video that supports his livelihood, could he?
Ah yes, Glenn Greenwald, who was lauded by everyone in the media as one of the best journalists around, has now been shunned since he started exposing lies by the media on Russia, Russia, Russia. Turns out he was right all along, but will never get his reputation back after he swayed from the approved narrative of the current thing which should be in lockstep agreed to. Sounds kind of like cult behavior to me by those people.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Not watching.
Damn, I should have put money on you not admitting it. Could have bought lunch today.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Your YouTube links are somehow even lower quality than your Twitter links. I am not even willing to click on them, partly because I don't want YouTube to train its algorithm to think I want to see more of that crud.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:12 pm
Your YouTube links are somehow even lower quality than your Twitter links. I am not even willing to click on them, partly because I don't want YouTube to train its algorithm to think I want to see more of that crud.
I have been known to use an incognito browser window to check out some of the shared links in these threads.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:12 pm
Haha, you should have used that excuse first. I have more respect for that and can actually understand it, then just sticking your head in the sand type excuse. I still think it's cowardly though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm just not going to waste my time, is all. I don't promise to read every trash link you post here. Nor are you obligated to read links I post. It's up to you. I was just being honest about it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kudos to you for being honest about. I just took it as you virtue signaling. You can do or not do whatever you like.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »