Social media

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Social media

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:28 pm
You're right. Psaki talked about reforming it, not repealing it. It is interesting that the reforming talk all of a sudden happens from Dems after Elon buys Twitter.
You have your facts wrong again. Biden has been talking about it for at least 2 years.
If that's the case, I was unaware. What has he been saying?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:44 am
It feels like he will end up selling it or taking it public again and lose about 25B on it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought he was going to sell his stock to and tank the value? The old Pump & Dump.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:51 am
I thought he was going to sell his stock to and tank the value? The old Pump & Dump.
I thought so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is Musk going to be a pauper in the near future?

Indy

Post by Indy »

why would you think that? Or ask that?

Indy

Post by Indy »

His family owned gemstone mines under apartheid in South Africa. He always will be richer than the vast majority of people in the world. He was born into it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm not sure that he purchased Twitter to make himself money, because it seems to be a loser from the outset in his financing of it. I guess I wouldn't worry myself about what he can and can not afford, and I doubt that he would immediately sell or take it public if he's going to lose that much money right away.

Indy

Post by Indy »

who is worried if he loses money or how much he can afford?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sorry, but I thought you were, since you had posted multiple times about how much money he is going to lose. My mistake.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Stating an opinion of what I think might happen is not an indication of my concern level if it does happen.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

That's fair, you heartless jerk. ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Interesting thread here on the deal agreement that just dropped this afternoon...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Musk seems to thrive on attention. I think he just does whatever makes him feel good. Buying Twitter put him front and center in the news. I wouldn’t put it past him to intentionally destroy Twitter just because he can not caring how much it costs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:15 am
Musk seems to thrive on attention. I think he just does whatever makes him feel good. Buying Twitter put him front and center in the news. I wouldn’t put it past him to intentionally destroy Twitter just because he can not caring how much it costs.
Well he leveraged Tesla stock to get the loan to buy Twitter. So if Twitter drops a lot in value, it impacts Tesla, too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He's already been publicly criticizing people in Twitter management who work on content moderation, which has led to them being threatened and harassed. Great leadership already by the new boss.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And he isn't even the boss yet. I know I have said this before, but I know people personally that have worked for him directly. The way he acts on Twitter is the way he acts in person. He is impulsive, mean, and always trying to show he is the boss. Very much the product of a spoiled child that had more money and power than anyone should have at any age, much less as a child.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »