LGBTQ rights

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: LGBTQ rights

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Who was never even asked to make a cake for a gay couple.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Video from the DeSantis campaign. This is ... certainly something. Strongly anti-LGBTQ at a minimum.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A California business owner murdered by a radical Republican for flying a Pride flag.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s why I would never put a political sign or sticker on anything I own. You are just asking for trouble. That is a benefit of being Maga. They don’t have to worry about it as much. They go loud and proud with the red Maga hats, let’s go Brandon tee shirts, maga flags flying on their pu trucks, Trump yard signs and don’t worry about upsetting anyone.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I would never put a political sign or bumper sticker out. I don't want trouble. (Some) people are starting to get angry and violent about this stuff. Best kept to oneself.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I remember Trump and his cult proclaiming an early victory in the last election long before the election was held just based on the number of people at his cult rallies and the number of Trump yard signs. I don’t donate. I don’t go to rallies. I do vote though.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought this article was insightful. It's ostensibly about that woman, Laura Ann Carleton, who was shot dead by a radical Republican because she dared to put up a rainbow pride flag outside of her business. But it's also about how Republicans have become an openly fascist or supremacist party, and how ludicrous it is for folks on the "left" to accommodate and try to make peace with that.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Dwyane Wade Says His Family Left Florida Because They 'Wouldn't Be Accepted There.
https://blavity.com/dwyane-wade-says-hi ... 1081124568
Dwyane Wade said he moved his family out of Florida because he felt the anti-LGBTQ+ policies would negatively impact their lives.

When asked about Florida politicians who championed strict anti-LGBTQ+ laws in the state, the NBA Hall of Famer said it was a significant factor in making the best choice for his family, including his 15-year-old daughter Zaya who transitioned in 2020.

“As your father, all I’ve wanted to do was get it right,” the Chicago native said, referring to his daughter. “I’ve sat back and watched how gracefully you’ve taken on the public scrutiny. And even though it’s not easy, I watched you walk out of the house every morning as yourself. I admire how you’ve handled the ignorance in our world … that you face every day. To say that your village is proud of you is an understatement.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I saw this similar article. Some LGBTQ folks are just leaving Florida due to their repressive policies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bravo to the headline writer.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is kind of funny. Twitter/X has released a new AI bot called Grok. Some trollish users have been asking it controversial questions, hoping / expecting it to have conservative views akin to Musk. When it doesn't, they are getting mad. (I think access to this bot is a paid feature?)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Didn't really know where to put this, but, uhhh...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nottheonion/s/Qvg9JhTHkH

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Not very discreet if it was done in the hearing room 😔

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sounds like they're going to fire the aid who did this. Seems like the right call?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The rumor that's going around DC right now is that there is another video being circulated. I'm not sure how it's "allegedly" when they film it? How does that work? And how does this staffer claim victimhood?

On top of that, it looks like this staffer booked the room under Senator Cardin's name, and further more the staffer was also registered as a foreign agent and Cardin didn't have any idea about either of these details.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I am also not sure where this fits.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Chef's kiss. I appreciate vigorous peaceful protest like this from the youngs.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:15 am
I am also not sure where this fits.
That's what he said.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.