January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

Uh...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Digging more into the Ginni Thomas stuff just makes me lose even more hope. It would be a 24/7 story on every right-leaning news network if Clarence Thomas had been nominated by a Democrat.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 pm
Digging more into the Ginni Thomas stuff just makes me lose even more hope. It would be a 24/7 story on every right-leaning news network if Clarence Thomas had been nominated by a Democrat.
You're right. The Democratic party and the "liberal" media just don't have any teeth. The GOP gives them ample scandals and stories to use, and they just sort of let them come and go. They should be riding this every single day.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:59 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 pm
You're right. The Democratic party and the "liberal" media just don't have any teeth. The GOP gives them ample scandals and stories to use, and they just sort of let them come and go. They should be riding this every single day.
The GOP uses shock and awe. They overload us with so much material that it numbs the American people. It has become the norm and tough to concentrate on any one crazy thing.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

"other patriotic amount" lol

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:09 am
"other patriotic amount" lol
Trump and his people will probably see this and think it's a good idea. And it would probably work again too.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I watched Racheal Maddow. She was talking about the tours given on Jan 5th. A Democrat senator said she saw tours being given on Jan 5th and there are no tours or visitors allowed since Covid so she was concerned. She asked the police to investigate. A Republican Senator Loudermilk responded saying there were no tours given Jan 5th by anyone and that he believed she was just stirring up controversy. He proclaimed that she should be investigated for making stuff up. He claimed Republicans scoured the video of the Capital that day and found no evidence of any tours being given by anyone.

As it turns out there was a tour being given that day and the Senator who was giving the tour was actually Loudemilk himself. Yes, he was lying the whole time. He finally admitted he did give a tour to Maga fans but said there was nothing suspicious about it. Racheal showed the Capital video of Loudermilk giving the tour and one man took video of everything. He took video of stairwells, tunnels etc. Nothing suspicious? That man went to the Capital the next day as a participant and shot lots of video. The police said there was nothing suspicious about the tour. I don’t know what they were smoking.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Doesn't get much more Conservative than this guy. And here he is solemnly warning the country that Trump, his allies and supporters are laying the groundwork for an unconstitutional takeover of the government in 2024.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My audio kept buffering while that judge was talking.

“I don’t speak those words lightly.” Or quickly for that matter.

Sorry, the content was frightening but the delivery was frustrating.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I mean, thanks to Mike Pence for not going along with the coup. But he could have, you know, told anybody or done anything to stop it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Anti-vaccine doctor sentenced to prison for Capitol riot
https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... f7173a369b
A California doctor who is a leading figure in the anti-vaccine movement was sentenced on Thursday to two months in prison for storming the U.S. Capitol, where she delivered speeches to rioters during the mob’s attack.

Gold founded America’s Frontline Doctors. a group known for purveying COVID-19 misinformation.

After the riot, Gold told The Washington Post that she followed a crowd into the Capitol, didn’t witness any violence and didn’t think she was breaking any laws.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Well, if he won't abide by his primary hippocratic oath as a physician, why would he abide by our democracy?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

She

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

60%. That is pretty impressive in this partisan environment.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Encouraging but it was 545 people. I know the science is sound, but there is a big margin for error there. I mean I think 85% of Dems would answer that way, and about 10% of GOPs. So maybe it is close to that.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

All I am reading from all of this is that "We are so fucked"

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yep because nobody will do the hard job of holding him (and ALL of the people supporting it) accountable.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The DOJ did say they are watching the hearings.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's apparently some new documentary footage of Trump just before and after Jan 6 that has been turned over to the committee. It may give more evidence of Trump's knowledge and intentions on/around that day.