January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

A few Republicans are starting to speak out. Maybe Trump's support in the party will start to crack?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It sounds like the 1/6 Committee has scheduled an unexpected hearing for tomorrow. It comes as a surprise since many in Congress are about to go out for a July 4th recess, so they generally wouldn't want to add new hearings unless it was important. The buzz is that they may have some kind of surprise / "bombshell" new testimony or witness or evidence or something of that nature. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Holy cow, are you guys watching this Cassidy Hutchinson hearing? Bombshell.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

At this point it’s just piling on. They have more than proved their case. Does America care that Trump made the whole thing up and conspired to overturn the election in a planned coup?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:09 pm
At this point it’s just piling on. They have more than proved their case. Does America care that Trump made the whole thing up and conspired to overturn the election in a planned coup?
Over half of the country does!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:16 pm
Nodack wrote:
But not the people enforcing the laws...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:16 pm
Nodack wrote:
But not the people enforcing the laws...
Exactly. They already got what they want out of Trump and don't care what happens to him next.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Fascist cosplay by a US General. Great...

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am all for people exercising their rights. And the same goes for ex-general Flynn. You plead the 5th when you are fearful/expecting/concerned your answer may be used against you in a court of law and is self-incriminating. How in the world can your answer to "Do you believe in the peaceful transfer of power in the United States" be self-incriminating unless it is "no" (while you are being investigated for sedition)?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's amazing that that nut was a general!
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

And his brother is a current four-star general...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Are you shitting me?
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Are you shitting me?
Nope.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Oh, that's just the tip..

'Absolute liars': Ex-D.C. Guard official says generals lied to Congress about Jan. 6

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/12/0 ... ial-523777

Nodack

Re: January 6 hearing

Post by Nodack »

That’s scary. Retired disgraced general Flynn needed a pardon to stay out of jail after lying to the FBI about his ties to Russia. Flynn goes on to being fully in on the Trump coup and wanted Trump to declare Marshall law after the election. His brother, another general, was in charge in deciding whether or not to send in the National Guard? And he decided against it because of the optics? If this guy was in on the coup too and was in that position that is a scary.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump had his own rampage as rioters assaulted Capitol, aide says
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Sworn testimony Tuesday offered a dramatic glimpse of what former president Donald Trump is allegedly like in private. The shocking new accusations add to years of reports about his violent temper and abusive outbursts toward advisers and staff, sometimes spilling into public view...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't like all the attention given to Trumps tantrums. Of course he'd do stuff like that because it's who he's always been.

Focus on the crimes. I don't need the TMZ version of this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:42 pm
I don't like all the attention given to Trumps tantrums. Of course he'd do stuff like that because it's who he's always been.

Focus on the crimes. I don't need the TMZ version of this.
Agreed. I do think the tantrums ring more true to the public at large, though. Like they are more likely to see him as a bad guy if he is trowing his plates of french fries around the White House than if he obstructed justice or tampered with witnesses. It is nuts.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Him throwing his food at the wall isn’t illegal. It just demonstrates his anger management problems to the public.

They have focussed on everything. They have done a great job. They hired a tv producer and he has kept it moving nicely. Not much pomp and circumstance. Lots of facts from Trump people. They can’t all be dismissed as partisan hacks. Then again they will be dismissed as partisan hacks by Trump and his cult.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The cynic in me just says that all of these people "heroically" testifying now, knew all of this shit when it happened and did NOTHING. They are only saying something now because they were summoned/subpoenaed (or *maybe* being threatened with prosecution) and we are seeing "Trumplican" candidates lose primaries.