January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: 2020 Election Thread

Post by Nodack »

Trump expressed support for hanging Pence during Capitol riot, Jan. 6 panel told
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... 6-00035117
The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The White House chief of staff at the time, Mark Meadows, was in the dining room off the Oval Office with Trump at one point during last year’s Capitol attack, the committee has been told. Meadows then left the dining room and informed other people nearby that Trump had signaled a positive view of the prospect of hanging the vice president, the panel heard.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/2 ... 0-00035392
In stating the obvious, Kellyanne Conway became one of the few, currently close Trump allies to implicitly reject his false claims of a stolen election. Trump has continued to deny he lost in 2020 and has propagated that false notion among his millions of supporters.

Former President Donald Trump is denying a key anecdote in a former aide’s new book, saying he would have banished Kellyanne Conway from his inner circle if she had ever told him he lost the 2020 presidential election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Drip drip.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Everyone is getting subpoenas and many don't comply and nothing happens. Above the law.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:12 am
Everyone is getting subpoenas and many don't comply and nothing happens. Above the law.
So far. They have to follow the proper procedure, though. Can't just round these guys up without at least asking them to comply. At some point, though, if they refuse to report, you arrest them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am not going to hold my breath. They are delaying and likely there is only a few months left where the Dems will hold the House, Senate and White House.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Delay until mid terms, then take control and the Jan 6 probe turns into an impeach Biden probe for stealing the election.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Get rekt.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Put him in handcuffs, then let him walk out. It is all for show it seems.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

‘It’s going to be an army’: Tapes reveal GOP plan to contest elections
Placing operatives as poll workers and building a "hotline" to friendly attorneys are among the strategies to be deployed in Michigan and other swing states.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/0 ... s-00035758

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Judge sends another trove of Eastman emails to Jan. 6 committee
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/0 ... e-00037999
But the centerpiece of Eastman’s plan was focused on Jan. 6, an effort to pressure then-Vice President Mike Pence to unilaterally prevent Biden from taking office. Under Eastman’s approach, Pence — who was constitutionally required to preside over the Jan. 6 counting of Electoral College votes — had the sole power to choose which votes to count. Eastman urged Pence to refuse to count dozens of Biden’s electors and either recess the joint session of Congress or send the election to the House.

To accomplish this plan, Eastman pushed state legislatures in several states Biden won to certify alternate slates of pro-Trump presidential electors, which Pence could point to as a pretense for his actions.

But no state legislatures took up Eastman’s call, and Pence refused to acquiesce to the plan. Nevertheless, Eastman continued pressuring him even as rioters descended on the Capitol on Jan. 6, urging him to violate the provisions of the Electoral Count Act, the law that governs the transition of power and one that Eastman had argued was largely unconstitutional, despite its unbroken use since 1887.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

1/6 hearing time! Anybody else watching?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Only Fox News viewers aren't paying attention to this.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:19 pm
Only Fox News viewers aren't paying attention to this.
No worries. Tucker Carlson will tell them how to think.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pretty action packed first day of the hearings. I'm exhausted from children so I don't go into all of it, but it sure looks like Donald Trump should be charged for seditious conspiracy. A good thread with various video highlights:

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:43 pm
Pretty action packed first day of the hearings. I'm exhausted from children so I don't go into all of it, but it sure looks like Donald Trump should be charged for seditious conspiracy. A good thread with various video highlights:

Probably too late already but that would be a good start

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I just finished it. It was a pretty good presentation. It didn’t tell me too much more than I already knew. Too bad only Democrats will see it. I went to FOX’s web site. There are 14 stories above it. I’m actually shocked it got any billing. I just picture them all with blindfolds on and their fingers in their ears going “La la la la la”.

Trump supporters thought the election was stolen from Trump because Trump told them it was. At some point they are going to figure out they have all been conned by a con man and they are going to be pissed that he made all the participants on Jan 6 into traitors by his lies and these people consider themselves true patriots. When these people finally turn on him it’s going to be interesting.

Mori Chu

January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

It's long since time that this got its own thread. Going to make one here and move over a few posts that are about the hearings.

Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

Quite an NYT headline today.