January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

I heard that the likely way to test their legal theory would be to have somebody like Chris Christie sue to have Trump blocked from running in 2024. It'd be a longshot but that would be a way to at least argue the case against the Constitutional law.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Justice.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

10 years in prison for this 1/6er. After sobbing and pleading for mercy in court, gets his sentence and immediately smiles, laughs, and shouts "Trump won!"

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Another 1/6 Proud Boy defendant sentenced to prison, this one for 22 years. Buh bye.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm glad these idiots are paying a price for their bullshit, but can we please get the ones who held their hands them down this path?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Reminder: Right now Fox and all the even loonier Republican channels are saying over and over that the people being prosecuted for J6 are innocent victims who had a peaceful protest. This clip shows what a lie that is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Today is 1/6. Important to remember this day and what Donald Trump and his followers tried to do three years ago. It must never happen again.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yup. 1/6 was an attempt to overturn a US election, an attempt to disregard the will of the voters, an attempt to keep a losing President in office in defiance of our democracy. Everyone who committed crimes that day should be prosecuted, including Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump saw love of him in that crowd that was assaulting the Capital. The rest of us saw something else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The crowd where the speeches were given, far from the Capitol, were calm and peaceful. That's who he is talking about. Don't get it twisted.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Never forget! Never surrender!
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

One of my favorite B level movies as a kid, haha.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Never seen it! Might have to check it out. I was quoting Galaxy Quest. A favorite movie of mine.

ETA: It's good to see Van Damme with a natural, muscular body. These days the actors are all on steroids. See Zac Efron.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They had steroids back then, too. Lots of the big action stars like Arnold and Sly have admitted to using them. I wouldn't be shocked if Van Damme did, too, though I have no knowledge of him doing so.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Don't forget that right after 1/6/21, many Republicans briefly did/said the right thing, condemned Trump and the whole insurrection that occurred that day. There are many receipts of this. But then as a few weeks went by, they all flipped and started defending, minimizing, denying, saying it was fake, staged, an inside job, the FBI / CIA / Hillary / Pelosi / deep state / Dems' fault. Cowards all.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The papers from the aftermath of 1/6.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:39 pm
They had steroids back then, too. Lots of the big action stars like Arnold and Sly have admitted to using them. I wouldn't be shocked if Van Damme did, too, though I have no knowledge of him doing so.
I can tell looking at pictures. Pretty sure Van Damme wasn't using steroids from the images from that movie. His muscles look natural to me. Arnold and Sly were obviously on steroids.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:58 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:39 pm
I can tell looking at pictures. Pretty sure Van Damme wasn't using steroids from the images from that movie. His muscles look natural to me. Arnold and Sly were obviously on steroids.
I think this was one of his first movies. He was cast as the Russian villain in this movie with very limited amount of dialog. Btw, the movie is bad.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump's violent uprising.