The US Economy

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
AmareIsGod

Re: The US Economy

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:59 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:40 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:18 am
Cap wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:40 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:44 pm
More signs that the economy is strong: retail sales were up this Xmas season.
But according to polls, most people think Biden has driven the economy straight into the crapper.
It's mostly people that don't make more than $60K, don't have a mortgage paid off, and drive gas cars a distance to their jobs. If we don't fall into those categories, we may be blind to how the economy is performing in their perception.

I saw recently that someone that wants to buy the average priced home($430K) in the US, needs to be making more than $115K per yr to afford a mortgage now due to current interest rates. I have to be careful to not give my oldest son this type of news, as it's defeating to the younger generation. Hopefully, the interest rates will fall back down again, which would help a ton.
That makes sense. I feel sorry for young people as buying a house no longer seems to be achievable. But it's been that way for quite a while including during Trump's presidency.
I got a 2.8% interest rate and my house cost half the price it is worth now just 4 years ago.
Yep. Bought end of 2018. $360k. Refinanced shortly after to 2.8%. PITI = $1,800 a month for our home. Houses around us, before interest rates went sky high, selling for $600k+.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, I refinanced during Covid and got a 2.875% mortgage. My house has gone up about 60% in value since I bought it in 2016. I don't know if I told you guys but I've decided to move back to Arizona after all and the plan is to use my equity to pay cash for my AZ house. Of course, I built up to all this over many years. Bought my first house in 1998. I have owned five different houses in my lifetime so far. Went through the mortgage crisis with my previous house where it lost its value and I was $100,000 underwater on my loan. Waited it out and was able to use the recovered equity as a down payment on my current house.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:37 am
I'm happy that things worked out for you, and you paid off your home before inflation and interest rates jumped up.

I also sounds like if certain things didn't fall your way, that you would be doing very differently and not doing what you love to do.

Honestly, not many people by percentage are quite as fortunate, but you also made sacrifices to help yourself.
We always believed in fixed interest rates if you are buying during low interest rate times.

I feel very fortunate to be squeeze out a living from playing music. Being successful is a careful balance. Of course I have practiced a lot and continue to practice just as much or more than I ever did today. Every Suns game at home I have a guitar in my hand doing exercises while the game is going on. I work out physically every day and do vocal expertises every day, especially in the car on the way to the gig. I have played with super talented musicians who can’t hang onto a gig because they can’t show up on time or their behavior/attitude gets them in trouble.

I did get married twice. My first wife said “You don’t make enough money”. I got a day job and did gigs at night. I was only getting 4 hours of sleep a night and had to take No Dose for my day job to stay awake. Then my wife said “You are never home”. We got a divorce.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:15 am
Yeah, I refinanced during Covid and got a 2.875% mortgage. My house has gone up about 60% in value since I bought it in 2016. I don't know if I told you guys but I've decided to move back to Arizona after all and the plan is to use my equity to pay cash for my AZ house. Of course, I built up to all this over many years. Bought my first house in 1998. I have owned five different houses in my lifetime so far. Went through the mortgage crisis with my previous house where it lost it's value and I was $100,000 underwater on my loan. Waited it out and was able to use the recovered equity as a down payment on my current house.
So you are moving here again? I know you planned on it and then the hot weather scared you away for awhile. I love summer in AZ. AC is of course a prerequisite as is a pool. Maybe we can get you on a gig or two.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:34 am
Superbone wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:15 am
Yeah, I refinanced during Covid and got a 2.875% mortgage. My house has gone up about 60% in value since I bought it in 2016. I don't know if I told you guys but I've decided to move back to Arizona after all and the plan is to use my equity to pay cash for my AZ house. Of course, I built up to all this over many years. Bought my first house in 1998. I have owned five different houses in my lifetime so far. Went through the mortgage crisis with my previous house where it lost it's value and I was $100,000 underwater on my loan. Waited it out and was able to use the recovered equity as a down payment on my current house.
So you are moving here again? I know you planned on it and then the hot weather scared you away for awhile. I love summer in AZ. AC is of course a prerequisite as is a pool. Maybe we can get you on a gig or two.
Dude! I look forward to hanging out. I'd love to play on one of your gigs sometime. I've been practicing every day for the last couple months at least. My chops are in a good place. Not sure I want the hassle of a pool. You don't mind the upkeep?

Yeah, decided to make the move after helping my mom out for a week in November. It would be a lot easier to help her out in her twilight years if I lived in the area. Plus, I will be able to get rid of a mortgage which will make my money go a lot longer and allow me to have some flexibility to travel more.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

There you go! Took care of my aunt and uncle before they passed and then my parents. If you need any advice on taking care of people in their twilight years I am the guy.

A pool is totally worth the upkeep for me.

I assume you read music ok?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:07 pm
There you go! Took care of my aunt and uncle before they passed and then my parents. If you need any advice on taking care of people in their twilight years I am the guy.

A pool is totally worth the upkeep for me.

I assume you read music ok?
Yes, very well. I've been reading music since 5 years of age. My parents were both professional classical musicians.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Awesome! It would be cool to get you on a Hamptons gig.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mostly nobody cares what Tucker Carlson says any more. But he's currently peddling the theory that the Dems have rigged the economy to be good in 2024 so they can force a Biden re-election. Sure.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Now they rigged the economy to be good and that’s a bad thing. LOL!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Without context, it's easy to think that's hilarious. You may need to watch the full video, but here is the tweet clip that's not available in the quoted tweet.

Here is where you can get the full interview: https://tuckercarlson.com/uncensored-th ... omicchaos/
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:43 am
Without context, it's easy to think that's hilarious. You may need to watch the full video, but here is the tweet clip that's not available in the quoted tweet.

Here is where you can get the full interview: https://tuckercarlson.com/uncensored-th ... omicchaos/
This shit head is a total clown and when he is posted all credibility is lost. If you take anything he says seriously, I feel sorry for how brainwashed you have become as a conspiracy theorist towing the party line. It’s like when Hitler convinced so many nazis that what they were doing was for the greater good. Just pure brainwash.

He and his compadre say one logical thing/ it’s alarming that unemployment is low yet our deficit continues to increase- and that has been a recent trend no matter who is sitting on the throne because this government has just become completely reckless and corrupt throwing money around. These two morons then ruin any shred of credibility by sandwiching it between “the federal reserve is trying to save Joe Biden” and “the women’s rights movements in the 70s, now there’s an attack on women in women’s sports.” I mean just complete clowns.

Be better. Stop drinking the juice. Don’t go to MAGA events, you are part of the problem and you’re a victim that’s been brainwashed. They don’t care about you. Stop towing the party line. All of you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:11 am
In2ition wrote:

This shit head is a total clown and when he is posted all credibility is lost. If you take anything he says seriously, I feel sorry for how brainwashed you have become as a conspiracy theorist towing the party line. It’s like when Hitler convinced so many nazis that what they were doing was for the greater good. Just pure brainwash.

He and his compadre say one logical thing/ it’s alarming that unemployment is low yet our deficit continues to increase- and that has been a recent trend no matter who is sitting on the throne because this government has just become completely reckless and corrupt throwing money around. These two morons then ruin any shred of credibility by sandwiching it between “the federal reserve is trying to save Joe Biden” and “the women’s rights movements in the 70s, now there’s an attack on women in women’s sports.” I mean just complete clowns.

Be better. Stop drinking the juice. Don’t go to MAGA events, you are part of the problem and you’re a victim that’s been brainwashed. They don’t care about you. Stop towing the party line. All of you.
Please calm down, Doc. You're going to give yourself an aneurysm.

I only posted it, because the tweet didn't post the actual clip.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Who's foolish enough to listen to anything that "man" has to say? Seriously. We already know that he didn't believe what he was spouting when he was on the air.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:25 am
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You’re better than this garbage in2

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:19 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I just posted it. It's not like it's holy water and a cross to a vampire, or at least it's not supposed to get that same reaction. I thought the equating analogy that this former fed guy did was pretty over the top. There wasn't a need to try to make that comparison. I was rolling my eyes at that.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:29 pm
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I just posted it. It's not like it's holy water and a cross to a vampire, or at least it's not supposed to get that same reaction. I thought the equating analogy that this former fed guy did was pretty over the top. There wasn't a need to try to make that comparison. I was rolling my eyes at that.
You and JeremyG have historically posted content like this with commentary either defending it, or without any commentary disagreeing with it and then stating that “you were just posting it.” If you don’t come out and give an opinion to the contrary, is it a fair assumption that you agree with it and that is why you are posting?

JG did that stuff all the time when he was posting coocoo shit about covid and masks

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:06 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

You and JeremyG have historically posted content like this with commentary either defending it, or without any commentary disagreeing with it and then stating that “you were just posting it.” If you don’t come out and give an opinion to the contrary, is it a fair assumption that you agree with it and that is why you are posting?

JG did that stuff all the time when he was posting coocoo shit about covid and masks
Well, I did, so it's time to let it go. Turn the page.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:10 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:06 pm
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Well, I did, so it's time to let it go. Turn the page.
Page turned!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

As we know, this guy is all about himself.

"Be Legendary."