FBI raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Nodack »

WTF is an ex President doing with top secret US nuclear files in his safe!!!! There is NO possible explanation for this other than he smuggled them out for nefarious reasons. Ok, you accidentally took some pens and souvenirs but, top secret nuclear info? And they demanded he return them and refused?

US -“Give us back all the boxes of US property you took when you left.”

Trump - “Ok, you can pick up some.”

National Archives picks up boxes of US property from Maro Lago

US- “We picked up some but, you didn’t give us all of them so, we are giving you a subpoena for the rest of them and picking them up.”

FBI comes and collects more boxes.

Informant claims more is hidden in safe.

US - “You still didn’t give us everything.”

A search warrant is issued and the FBI comes to personally retrieve those documents Trump refused to turn over.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The MAGA man who attacked the FBI is now dead. Add another life lost to Trumps lies.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I read that the guy who stormed the FBI office was a frequent poster on Trump's "Truth Social" network and threatened violence against government officials several times on there. Great.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Holy fuck. Those reference the Espionage Act.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is a bombshell.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am
I read that the guy who stormed the FBI office was a frequent poster on Trump's "Truth Social" network and threatened violence against government officials several times on there. Great.
I didn’t know there were frequent posters on Trumps Truth network. 😎

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Now Trump is claiming Obama kept millions of classified documents including nuclear ones after he left office. The National Archives already came out with a statement saying that is total BS and that they have all those records stored. Typical Trump.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Seems like Trump broke the law because he doesn't listen to anyone telling him how to get what he wants through the proper procedures. So basically normal behavior by him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Pretty sure there isn't a proper procedure to follow to get top secret nuclear weapon documents and just place them in your basement. It wasn't that long ago that there were reports of his family looking to share secrets with the Saudis.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not totally sold on the "top secret nuclear weapon documents" part.

I want to believe it wouldn't have gotten to the point of an FBI raid over two years after his presidency ended for them to secure something of such high level importance. Maybe I'm being willfully ignorant.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 pm
I'm not totally sold on the "top secret nuclear weapon documents" part.

I want to believe it wouldn't have gotten to the point of an FBI raid over two years after his presidency ended for them to secure something of such high level importance. Maybe I'm being willfully ignorant.
It doesn't sound like they knew he had it until people starting coming forward and told them he had other stuff he kept in a safe (instead of the stuff they knew about that they asked him to secure better).

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Maybe that's right. I'm honestly not sure if I want to ever find out. I just want him to go away.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I shouldn't laugh, but I did.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:54 pm
Maybe that's right. I'm honestly not sure if I want to ever find out. I just want him to go away.
I have never been drunk. At least, not how I imagine what it would be like. To be honest my perspective might not be best because I didn't start drinking until after I moved to Florida for 2 years when I was around 30. That place will make anyone drink. Anyway, I plan to get drunk the day that awful excuse for a human dies. I am going to drink and dance and celebrate. Serial liars, abusers, and rapists that helped bring about ruin should get their demise cheered.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:25 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I have never been drunk. At least, not how I imagine what it would be like. To be honest my perspective might not be best because I didn't start drinking until after I moved to Florida for 2 years when I was around 30. That place will make anyone drink. Anyway, I plan to get drunk the day that awful excuse for a human dies. I am going to drink and dance and celebrate. Serial liars, abusers, and rapists that helped bring about ruin should get their demise cheered.
I’ll drink to that. Sounds like a great plan, Indy.

As far as drinking, so obviously you’ve been buzzed. I’m not sure what you mean by you’ve never been drunk. You mean to the point of throwing up and/or passing out? I thought it was just a matter of levels. OK, just googled some definitions. Some say what I described but other say it’s when you lose control. I have good self control too when drinking. In other words, I know when to stop. I’m also not a big drinker but I’m a social drinker and enjoy it in that way.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump and his lawyer gave out an unredacted copy of the fbi warrant to Breitbart who published it. Now the names of the agents who did the raid are public, and they are getting death threats. The Trump era led to 1/6 and more violence is coming as his end nears.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 pm
Trump and his lawyer gave out an unredacted copy of the fbi warrant to Breitbart who published it. Now the names of the agents who did the raid are public, and they are getting death threats. The Trump era led to 1/6 and more violence is coming as his end nears.

That’s ridiculous. The FBI agents were just doing their job. They were ordered to raid Maro Lago. Blaming them is dumb.

Bill Mayer suggested Trump didn’t even know what he had. I watched a lot of tv on this and one expert said you don’t accidentally end up with this stuff. He proactively got it and had to have help to even get it. He knew what he had. They asked for everything back and he kept it anyway.

If Trump had plans to sell this stuff to another country such as Saudi Arabia that would be a pretty serious crime. The Saudi’s just invested 2 Billion dollars in Jarod Kushner’s new equity firm.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:10 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

As far as drinking, so obviously you’ve been buzzed. I’m not sure what you mean by you’ve never been drunk. You mean to the point of throwing up and/or passing out? I thought it was just a matter of levels. OK, just googled some definitions. Some say what I described but other say it’s when you lose control. I have good self control too when drinking. In other words, I know when to stop. I’m also not a big drinker but I’m a social drinker and enjoy it in that way.
I think in order to know when to stop, you first need to go too far a few times. Find your happy spot and then stop. More isn’t always merrier. I definitely won’t be shedding any tears the day Trump is gone either.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump Admin-Saudi Nuclear Probe Resurfaces Ahead of Warrant Unseal
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-s ... st-1733182
…That House of Representatives report highlighted whistleblowers' concerns with the Trump Administration's "efforts to transfer sensitive nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia," and was tweeted on Thursday by Judd Legum, who runs the Popular Information newsletter…

Fordham University law professor Jed Shugerman tweeted: "Why would Trump want to keep nuclear documents?" "It is time to review the 2019 House Oversight Committee's stunning allegations of nuclear corruption," between the Trump administration and "Saudi/Qatar."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:47 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:10 pm
Indy wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I think in order to know when to stop, you first need to go too far a few times. Find your happy spot and then stop. More isn’t always merrier. I definitely won’t be shedding any tears the day Trump is gone either.
I've never been a big drinker but I did that a couple times when I was much younger. That was enough.
"Be Legendary."