Religion and Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Religion and Politics

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The article is based on a hunch?

Are you a practicing Christian?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

‘Reacher’ Star Alan Ritchson Faces Backlash After Trump Comments

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... caefd950c3

100% agree with this and couldn't have said it any better.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ouch!

Christians have become “ the most vitriolic tribe” the 41-year-old actor added. "It is so antithetical to what Jesus was calling us to be and to do."

"Trump is a rapist and a con man,” he said in the interview, “and yet the entire Christian church seems to be treat him like he's their poster child and it's unreal. I don't understand it."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Separation of church and state. We should try that.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still don't get why evangelicals support Trump. He's everything they claim to be against, in terms of his awful behavior and lack of character. He's the most un-Christian politician imaginable. And he doesn't know the first thing about Christianity or the Bible, to an embarrassing degree. He's not one of them. He just uses them for their votes and support. I guess getting Roe repealed was a big deal to a lot of them. And a lot of them probably harbor various discriminatory views and like his meanness toward minorities and LGBT folks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think it’s the same reason they like Musk, who represents everything they hate. Musk owns a solar roof company. They hate solar. He owns probably the most successful EV car company there is. They hate EV’s. Musk says mean things about Democrats. They love Musk.

Trump is barely human by human standards but, he hates Democrats. They love Trump.

The only quality anyone has to possess to be liked by the GOP is to be anti Democrat. Nothing else matters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You guys don't understand the support? Shocking
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t think we understand how anyone could possibly believe Trump is anything more than a con man. It boggles our minds that you guys believe in him. You are correct we don’t understand. Do you really think he never lies about anything? Do you really think he is religious in any way? I am surprised he doesn’t have his own infomercial site where he can pimp all his Trump collectibles 24/7. It has to be about owning the Libs. He has no human qualities.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This ^ is a clear clinical example of TDS

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"TDS" is a bogus term. It's entirely justified to be very concerned, worried, upset about Trump. He's an existential threat to the country and to the world. American democracy itself is likely to crumble if he becomes President again. I'm terrified of it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump is the biggest threat to my country since I was born and I’m old now. Call it whatever you want.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:21 am
Trump is the biggest threat to my country since I was born and I’m old now. Call it whatever you want.
I remember when global thermonuclear war was a very real threat. Trump isn’t quite as scary as that was. Almost.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 am
"TDS" is a bogus term. It's entirely justified to be very concerned, worried, upset about Trump. He's an existential threat to the country and to the world. American democracy itself is likely to crumble if he becomes President again. I'm terrified of it.
This is classic Trump Derangement Syndrome where you are in fact using bogus and nebulous terms to describe them, because it's nonsense and you can't specifically articulate how that will happen. Then on top of it you describe, much more specifically, how you feel about it.

Is Trump in the room with you now, Mori?

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:38 am
Mori Chu wrote:
This is classic Trump Derangement Syndrome where you are in fact using bogus and nebulous terms to describe them, because it's nonsense and you can't specifically articulate how that will happen. Then on top of it you describe, much more specifically, how you feel about it.

David Koresh was just misunderstood too, right?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Really? What is your understanding of David Koresh? The cult leader in Waco, TX that was burned alive by the ATF & FBI along with 76 Branch Davidians, including 25 children, and two pregnant women.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 pm
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Really? What is your understanding of David Koresh? The cult leader in Waco, TX that was burned alive by the ATF & FBI along with 76 Branch Davidians, including 25 children, and two pregnant women.
There isn’t any conclusive evidence that ATF or FBI caused the fire. It’s possible, but shouldn’t be stated as definitive.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Yikes. Big bad government. Arson investigators said it was inside, but ya know, what do they know?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It was the evil Government and all our evil institutions. They did it because they hate freedom. Koresh was the second coming of Jesus. He said so himself. Jesus got to have sex with all the women in his cult including of course the married ones while he made the men be celibate. One girl testified he forced her to have sex with him when she was 10. Poor David.

Global thermal nuclear war is always a threat to the world but, not many countries seem willing to push the button and end the world so far.

Call it TDS. I call it Trump is a total POS lying cheating con man who doesn’t care who or what he destroys as long as he wins.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:39 pm
In2ition wrote:
TOO wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

There isn’t any conclusive evidence that ATF or FBI caused the fire. It’s possible, but shouldn’t be stated as definitive.
Did the ATF and FBI investigate themselves and determined that they did nothing wrong? Cool