DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm
He's going straight to hell.
I'm curious, why would you say that?
It was a joke. He was on fire. Easy transition.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

From my brief reading about Mr. On Fire, it seems like he wasn't 100% in command of his mental faculties. I feel bad for the guy.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you are rooting for Trump to get off with a hung jury, here's the best chance of it that I've seen so far. One of the jurors admits that they get their news from *Truth Social*. I can't believe they let a person like that on the jury. Oh well.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I just want a fair jury.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:58 am
I just want a fair jury.
Seconded. Judge the case on the evidence and merits and the law.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:09 am
From my brief reading about Mr. On Fire, it seems like he wasn't 100% in command of his mental faculties. I feel bad for the guy.
I was going to say, I wouldn't have made the joke if he hadn't done it to himself but yeah, you didn't need to read anything to know the guy had mental issues.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:16 am
If you are rooting for Trump to get off with a hung jury, here's the best chance of it that I've seen so far. One of the jurors admits that they get their news from *Truth Social*. I can't believe they let a person like that on the jury. Oh well.
► Show Spoiler
It's weird. I woke up this morning thinking about this. "I bet some Trumper is just hiding his true feelings. What's to stop a juror from doing that." Is that considered perjury? Can they research the person and kick them off once a trial has started?

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:58 am
I just want a fair jury.
As do we all.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:36 am
Mori Chu wrote:
► Show Spoiler
It's weird. I woke up this morning thinking about this. "I bet some Trumper is just hiding his true feelings. What's to stop a juror from doing that." Is that considered perjury? Can they research the person and kick them off once a trial has started?
You mean exactly what the jurors got thrown off for? I bet more are still doing this to get on the trial they've already decided in their head.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:42 am
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
► Show Spoiler
You mean exactly what the jurors got thrown off for? I bet more are still doing this to get on the trial they've already decided in their head.
I'm not sure what you're saying. Did the juror Marty is talking about get thrown off? And your last sentence is what I'm worried about.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:45 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:42 am
Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I'm not sure what you're saying. Did the juror Marty is talking about get thrown off? And your last sentence is what I'm worried about.
There were a number of jurors already dismissed as they hid the bias. Not talking about this 1 juror.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think we would agree that it's pretty freaking hard to find a jury of people who don't have strong opinions already about Trump. And, for what it's worth, I'm not sure how much you can really trust people who have no opinion about the guy. It's like, where have you been the past 7 years? Would you want such an important decision in the hands of someone so uninformed?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Chef's kiss.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is just insane talk. Even thing that cross the line should fall under total immunity? Does anybody honestly believe that?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh wow. We're going to get daily transcripts of the Trump NY trial.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ROFL, poor baby.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Poor orange baby.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodding vigorously. "Sleepy Don" not being discussed much, but it's pretty crazy how much nobody cares if Trump does the exact thing he has for years accused and mocked Biden for doing (being a sleepy old man).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jon Stewart weighs in on the media's coverage of the Trump trial.