DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
TOO

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:14 pm
TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:29 am
How do you know which side was threatening him?
:lol:

Me: The sky is blue.

You: How do you know, did the sky tell you that?
Why this response? Seems a little unwarranted.
Does it seem unwarranted?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:21 pm
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:14 pm
TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am
In2ition wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:29 am
How do you know which side was threatening him?
:lol:

Me: The sky is blue.

You: How do you know, did the sky tell you that?
Why this response? Seems a little unwarranted.
Does it seem unwarranted?
I wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it was.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Womp womp. Trump is unable to pay his $464m bond in the fraud case.

It sounds like he asked 30 different groups to lend him the money, and they all refused. L-M-A-O. I thought this guy was a megabillionaire? Where's all his money?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I know what happens in Monopoly when you can’t pay. You sell Park Place and Boardwalk.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:35 am
Womp womp. Trump is unable to pay his $464m bond in the fraud case.

It sounds like he asked 30 different groups to lend him the money, and they all refused. L-M-A-O. I thought this guy was a megabillionaire? Where's all his money?

I think the correct headline for you would have been to say that "Trump is unable to secure a $436m bond in the fraud case." The news is about getting the bond, not paying the bond. Like Nodack said, he's going to have to get ruling to pay this after his appeal, or he's going to have to sell off some of his assets to pay for it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

From what I understand, if he can't pay it before the end of this month, there is no appeal. No bond, no appeal. Unless there's a special ruling. And there's no way he could sell his assets by the end of the month.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

From my understanding, he is looking for a special ruling in this case of not being able to secure a bond. If he can't come up with the money, I'm sure the state of NY is clamoring to seize his properties at the value Judge Engoran set, which is ridiculous on it's face, but is what it is.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He owes the money, so, it's reasonable to collect on the debt.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump associate Peter Navarro is officially going to prison. Bye Felicia.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The judge in the FL classified documents case, Eileen Cannon, had just instructed both sides to engage with the relevant law in strange ways. Media folks are saying this may cause Jack Smith to request to moves the case out of her reach and into the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Is she setting a trap that if he responds to the scenarios she than tries to act like the government has accepted both these legally flawed scenarios as true or allowed? It’s such an unusual and unprecedentedly bizarre and dangerous order.

If I am Jack Smith I am thinking if this constitutes a “final order” for purposes of an interlocutory appeal and telling the 11th Circuit that both of these scenarios violates clearly established law and so an appeal is needs since the government can’t be compelled by a judge to “engage” with situations that violate the law.
Is she setting traps for the prosecutors? Interesting and a little disturbing if true.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

'Bring a case': Trump's biographer says ex-president's taxes warrant a new criminal charge
https://www.rawstory.com/trump-bring-a- ... I#cxrecs_s
"There's statutes of limitations for criminal prosecution of taxes, but one of the things we know from the Donald Trump returns we finally got, is he created 60 fictitious businesses, took tax deductions for a number of them that reduced his overall tax bill, even though they had no revenue, and in other cases the revenue and expense matched to the dollar, which I have never seen in 50 years of writing about taxes, and in 1984, Donald Trump did the same thing," he said. "He claimed over $600,000 of deductions for a business that had no revenue, no invoices, no records of existence, and was tried twice for income tax fraud, civil, not criminal. Both judges found against him, and his own tax lawyer Jack Mitnick testified against him for forgery saying he put his signature on it when he didn't prepare it."

"Since he has done this again, more than 60 times, I have argued either Alvin Bragg or the U.S. government should bring a case against him for tax fraud, proving he created fictitious businesses would be easy, and he was on notice not to do this, a clear indication of criminal intent."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do not click on that link. Maybe you should modify it and remove everything after the ?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Or not.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, the Trumps now begging for money. Nodack will get a kick out of the texts and emails they’re sending out.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, he's about to have his assests seized prior to his appeal and if the state of NY sells them off cheaply before his appeal, even if he wins, he won't be able to get them back. The fever dream of Leticia James is to grab Trump Tower, Trump Hotel next to Central Park, and Mar a Lago, which could happen as soon as Monday.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought he was a multi-billionaire? Where's all his money?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:13 am
I thought he was a multi-billionaire? Where's all his money?
Do you think he has the Scrooge McDuck gold coin vault at his place? Is this the Ted Lieu argument, who said he used Math? Even Mark Cuban read him the riot act.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Just sign over Mara largo for collateral. Easy peezy.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems totally reasonable and definitely not a violation of the 8th amendment.