DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: DONALD TRUMP INDICTED

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:16 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:57 am
Can you be more specific? What news stories have those outlets purchased and squashed in order to help Biden/Dems get elected? Also, you think all of those outlets are in the tank for the US Democratic party? Even London-based Reuters?
Yes, I think they squash and run cover for Biden ALL THE TIME!!! Yes, I think they are all in the tank for the Dems.
Fwiw, a story came out today about how the NYT has been intentionally producing extra *negative* coverage of Biden because their publisher is mad at him for not giving them an exclusive interview:

So they went from zero and carrying water for them to put out a couple negative articles, because they are mad at him? Oh boy
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:46 am
And here's more detail about Pecker / Enquirer's catch-and-kill relationship with Trump, which went on for years. I defy anybody to show me anything remotely like this on the Biden/Dems side. (Not just "liberal bias"; I'm talking, repeatedly buying people's stories and making them sign non-disclosure agreements, then squashing the stories.) Good luck "both-sides-ing" this one.

So Pecker buys clearly untrue stories to squash them? And you think the wholely untrue and false stories should get out and published by other people and think this is wrong behavior?

I don't think you will be able to find these stories from the other side, because:
1) Why would they publish stories they bought to squash? They squash it for a reason, because they don't want it to come out.
2) They all do this quite publicly. Remember them colluding together with the FBI and the 50 intelligence officials to try to squash and falsely debunk the real stories of Hunter Biden's laptop or Ashley Biden's diary, because they would hurt Biden because they were true?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I won't engage you further on this but hope you have a good day.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SCOTUS Justice Alito seems to be arguing that holding a former President accountable to the law is bad because it would discourage Presidents from allowing a peaceful transfer of power, out of fear of prosecution. Uhhhh.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 am
I won't engage you further on this but hope you have a good day.
I also hope that you have a wonderful day too.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not that anyone should be surprised by this.
Report: Anti-Trump media pundits have private weekly Zooms to coordinate talking points
POSTED: APRIL 25, 2024
https://ainsleye.com/news/report-anti-t ... ampaign=tw
Key media pundits have allegedly been scheming in private Zoom meetings and hashing out key anti-Trump talking points, Politico reported. The weekly gatherings consist of former Obama administration official and CNN legal analyst Norman Eisen, who hosts the meetings, and have been attended by “never-Trump” conservative Bill Kristol, MSNBC legal analyst Andrew Weissmann, Jeffrey Toobin and Obama-era U.S. attorneys, among others, according to Politico.

The meetings hosted by Eisen, who was a lawyer for House Democrats during Trump’s first impeachment, usually have 12 or more attendees and are off-the-record, before the pundits make appearances on media outlets.

Constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe, former Nixon White House counsel John Dean, Anti-Trump Lincoln Project co-founder George Conway, Obama-era U.S. attorney Harry Litman and Washington Post opinion writer Jennifer Rubin have also reportedly attended the meetings, which “trace back to the House committee that probed the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, which held an initial meeting with legal and political commentators in 2022 to provide insights into its investigation, according to Politico.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Depressing comments today from Justice Alito about the Trump immunity case. Does he really believe this crud?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Testimony under oath from David Pecker that he bought and squashed the Karen McDougal story as part of a scheme to influence the 2016 election.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 am
Testimony under oath from David Pecker that he bought and squashed the Karen McDougal story as part of a scheme to influence the 2016 election.

Dirty democrat.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Karen McDougal used to work out at the Lifetime Fitness near Scottsdale Rd and Mayo Blvd.. There were a lot of very good looking women that worked out there, but she was levels above everyone else. I had a coworker, that when we worked out there at lunch, he had the hardest time keeping himself from staring at her, while she worked out with another guy, much younger than her. Believe me, for any hetrosexual male, she was quite distracting.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Apparently she was too enticing for Trump to pass on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Idk, who really knows about that nonsense?

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 am
Karen McDougal used to work out at the Lifetime Fitness near Scottsdale Rd and Mayo Blvd.. There were a lot of very good looking women that worked out there, but she was levels above everyone else. I had a coworker, that when we worked out there at lunch, he had the hardest time keeping himself from staring at her, while she worked out with another guy, much younger than her. Believe me, for any hetrosexual male, she was quite distracting.
Thats how she landed the world's PEAK heterosexual.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All of the details of the Karen McDougal/Trump story were around before Trump was elected.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So, it's silly to say it was squashed if it was around forever.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Pecker testified that that is exactly what they did. We all knew the details before Trump was elected because sometimes secrets don’t stay secrets. Maybe she realized her story she sold was getting squashed and talked. She slept with him and thought she was selling her story to run in the National Enquirer. She didn’t realize Pecker and Trump were close and working together to squash any negative stories about Trump.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This seems appropriate here:

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lol

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They make penicillin for that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is somehow legal and moral to do this type of thing. It's happening all the time with these prosecutions. Just like they threatened to go after Mike Flynn's son, to get Flynn to sign the confession of guilt. I don't think this stuff is a good practice.