Fox News

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Fox News

Post by Mori Chu »

Looks like Tucker Carlson has been fired from Fox News. Pretty surprising.

Mori Chu

Re: Fox News

Post by Mori Chu »

CNN also fires Don Lemon today:

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

weird…. Like cnn thought it was time to get rid of one of their shitbags too…. Granted not even remotely as close to the shitbag tucker is.

My only concern for Carlson…. He’s the type that could thrive off of something like this and just take his viewers on a whole other level of bullshit online like Alex Jones.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Glad they are both gone. Lemon and Tucker were the tips of the spear in their respective ultra partisan networks. They were both partisan networks before Trump. Trump had the effect of turning both networks further into their respective partisan corners X10. He declared war on CNN and called them fake. He and CNN’s boss were already enemies. Trump threatened FOX if they weren’t loyal enough to him like he does everyone who has anything to do with him. Trump took the entire United States hostage with his BS and very few higher ups had the courage to stand up to him. Lemon and Carlson are just part of the fallout from the dark time in America called Trump.

I hope CNN can get back to being just News and I hope FOX News can someday start broadcasting news.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just want more "straight news" and less talking-head, tell-me-what-to-think stuff. Do the news, tell me what is happening; do some reporting. Don't make the newscaster the focus of the show. I want the news, not the Don Lemon show, not the Tucker Carlson show.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

My understanding is that it is a Freaky Friday situation and they will be swapping networks.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:38 pm
Glad they are both gone. Lemon and Tucker were the tips of the spear in their respective ultra partisan networks. They were both partisan networks before Trump. Trump had the effect of turning both networks further into their respective partisan corners X10. He declared war on CNN and called them fake. He and CNN’s boss were already enemies. Trump threatened FOX if they weren’t loyal enough to him like he does everyone who has anything to do with him. Trump took the entire United States hostage with his BS and very few higher ups had the courage to stand up to him. Lemon and Carlson are just part of the fallout from the dark time in America called Trump.

I hope CNN can get back to being just News and I hope FOX News can someday start broadcasting news.
I give props to CNN recently for trying to be more balanced. They've been representing both sides of the coin more recently.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:26 pm
Nodack wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:38 pm

I give props to CNN recently for trying to be more balanced. They've been representing both sides of the coin more recently.
When I first went on disability back in 2014 I would typically watch Fox News for the most part... Then I slowly started watching MSNBC and CNN; was extremely frustrating listening to them basically say the complete opposite of what I'd been hearing and with different perspectives. It was eye opening but at the same time I started noticing the subtle digs each network would make towards the opposing networks or their stories. Then you start hearing about "catch and kill" and how networks will kill stories of something if it helps them control a narrative. Long story short... They're all bad if you take them at their word but not as bad if you know how to tune out the bs.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They're so close to getting it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I can’t watch FOX New for more than a couple of minutes before I get disgusted and turn the channel.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Same….

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

News Corp, which owns FOX News has reported that their profit is down 75%. They are hoping replacing humans with AI will fix everything. What is down is advertising. For some inexplicable reason businesses have stopped buying advertising with News Corp. I cannot fathom why…

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Weird... I thought lying was going to pay their bills forever.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If you turn on Fox News these days, the thing that is really striking to me is the commercials. They have really weird ads mostly, like infomercial-esque products for old people, buying gold coins and pills and gimmicks and scams. Oh, and My Pillow. It's like a parallel advertising universe over there. Most major mainstream companies don't give them ad money any more.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:32 am
If you turn on Fox News these days, the thing that is really striking to me is the commercials. They have really weird ads mostly, like infomercial-esque products for old people, buying gold coins and pills and gimmicks and scams. Oh, and My Pillow. It's like a parallel advertising universe over there. Most major mainstream companies don't give them ad money any more.
Why wouldn’t they advertise to the most gullible people in the world? Makes perfect sense to me.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Almost a billion in settlements. And the year's barely half over.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

FOX News intentionally lying…again.

Fox News apologizes to Gold Star family after facing backlash over false story
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/26/business ... index.html
Fox News apologized Saturday to a Gold Star family for publishing a false story last month claiming that the family had to pay $60,000 to ship the remains of their fallen relative back from Afghanistan because the Pentagon refused to pay.

The apology came after a Military.com report this week drew attention to the issue and indicated that the right-wing outlet’s top executives had repeatedly been notified by senior members of the Marine Corps that it was pushing a false story.

In an email to Fox News President Jay Wallace and other network personnel, Marine Corps spokesman Maj. James Stenger privately accused the outlet of capitalizing off Gee’s death “to score cheap clickbait points,” according to documents obtained by Military.com through a public records request.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This Fox News clip of them getting repeatedly dunked on by citizens of my own Seattle WA made me laugh. Fox News is full of this kind of bullshit propaganda, saying over and over that "blue" Dem-run cities are hellscapes full of drugs and crime. Meanwhile they are interviewing a bunch of happy people doing just fine, pointing out that the lived reality of these cities is nothing like the fearmongering on Fox. Lovely.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump and FOX News go hand in hand. They both spend all their time conning people.