To Liv or not to Liv?

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

To Liv or not to Liv?

Post by Nodack »

The Saudi’s are taking over Golf. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? They are buying it because they can and they have 500 times more money than the PGA so they can just take over. Is the NFL next? How about a new Saudi Basketball ball league that merges with the NBA? Any thoughts?

It seems like more and more of America is being sold off to the highest bidder and with that comes influence in our country. China has already had a major influence in our business. The NBA has to keep China happy. The movie industry has to keep China happy. Twitter has to keep China happy. At the same time we are totally at odds with China when it comes to Taiwan and land disputes in the South Seas saying we will defend Taiwan if attacked. We are adversaries with China and they have purchased influence in our country.

All the fallout over Bud Light. It’s not even an American company anymore.

Nodack

Re: To Liv or not to Liv?

Post by Nodack »

No one cares about any of this?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Liv thing seems bad. Selling off cherished US institutions to countries that bone-saw their opponents seems like a bad idea. The corruption of money.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:25 am
The Liv thing seems bad. Selling off cherished US institutions to countries that bone-saw their opponents seems like a bad idea. The corruption of money.
This.

What can we do about it, 'Dack. Don't watch golf I guess. I already don't.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t either. I know a lot of people do though. I guess money talks.