Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden 2024

Post by In2ition »

I don't think Trump is some devout Christian. He seems quite new to the faith, if he is.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:58 am
I don't think Trump is some devout Christian. He seems quite new to the faith, if he is.
So is he faking it too? Why is Biden faking but Trump is just new to the faith?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:00 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:58 am
So is he faking it too? Why is Biden faking but Trump is just new to the faith?
I don't think he's faking anything. He doesn't act or claim to be a devout Christian. He acts like a casual Christian.

Biden claims to be devout Catholic, and I think he full of it, based on what I've seen and know about Catholicism.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden is a well known Catholic. His family is all Catholic. He is known as the most religious Commander in Chief in a half a century. Maga attempts to paint him as a fake while saying Trump is Gods Chosen One is embarrassing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I've explained why I think he's a fake & phony devout Catholic. I don't care that his whole family is Catholic, because that's how it usually goes. If you're family is Catholic, you are raised Catholic, but he doesn't actually practice what the Catholic church believes. One of which is being staunch pro-life.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This once again is about Trump. Everyone knows Trump isn’t religious at all. Even deep down you have to know it. There hasn’t been one word of religion spoken in the Trump household about religion until he decided to run for office. I guess you have to be religious to run for President so Trump all of the sudden had a come to Jesus moment right before the election. Now Trump is “Gods Chosen One” which is pretty hilarious to me.

I am not sure what the strategy is of Maga going after Biden’s faith is. Anything to damage him I guess.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:44 am
This once again is about Trump. Everyone knows Trump isn’t religious at all. Even deep down you have to know it. There hasn’t been one word of religion spoken in the Trump household about religion until he decided to run for office. I guess you have to be religious to run for President so Trump all of the sudden had a come to Jesus moment right before the election. Now Trump is “Gods Chosen One” which is pretty hilarious to me.

I am not sure what the strategy is of Maga going after Biden’s faith is. Anything to damage him I guess.
This seems to be a fever dream of yours and is all in your head. It must be fascinating in there.

Is Biden Catholic? Yes. Is he a devout Catholic? LMAO

Is Trump religious? I don't think he is.

Do you think the whole of MAGA thinks he is religious? Yes, you unequivocally think that MAGA believes he is "God's Chosen One" as you've tried to say over and over and over. If you keep saying it more often and louder, everyone else here will believe you, but it won't make it true.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know why you guys bother talking to eachother…even worse, why do I bother reading it…

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:00 am
I don’t know why you guys bother talking to eachother…even worse, why do I bother reading it…
I feel the same way about trade scenarios in the Suns section. A complete waste of time. You have absolutely no impact on trades.

I think we care about our country and see that there is some pretty disturbing things going on in our country and we like to have a place to express ourselves with other people. Yes, some of us don’t agree and we pretty much waste our time here. We know we aren’t going to change any minds.
Last edited by Nodack on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:48 am
Nodack wrote:

This seems to be a fever dream of yours and is all in your head. It must be fascinating in there.

Do you think the whole of MAGA thinks he is religious? Yes, you unequivocally think that MAGA believes he is "God's Chosen One" as you've tried to say over and over and over. If you keep saying it more often and louder, everyone else here will believe you, but it won't make it true.
I already said deep down I think you know Trump isn’t religious even though he claims to be. There are certainly Maga out there that does think he is “Gods Chosen One”. I think Maga is filled with gullible people and I think Trump and the GOP count on it. Like for example sending me a message asking for donations and telling me that if I send today it will have a 1000% impact.

Biden being an average Catholic who takes the stance most Americans do on abortion makes him a bad Catholic I guess. It makes him a good leader to me.

Yes, I totally believe going after Biden’s faith is just the latest BS Maga attempt to lower Biden’s poll numbers. Yes, going after Trumps lack of faith is the Dem way of trying to lower Trumps poll numbers. I think if they wanted to hurt Trump by slandering they should use a different tact. Make up stories of Trump doing nice things and being honest about something.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:07 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:48 am
Nodack wrote:

I already said deep down I think you know Trump isn’t religious even though he claims to be. There are certainly Maga out there that does think he is “Gods Chosen One”. I think Maga is filled with gullible people and I think Trump and the GOP count on it. Like for example sending me a message asking for donations and telling me that if I send today it will have a 1000% impact.

Biden being an average Catholic who takes the stance most Americans do on abortion makes him a bad Catholic I guess. It makes him a good leader to me.

Yes, I totally believe going after Biden’s faith is just the latest BS Maga attempt to lower Biden’s poll numbers. Yes, going after Trumps lack of faith is the Dem way of trying to lower Trumps poll numbers. I think if they wanted to hurt Trump by slandering they should use a different tact. Make up stories of Trump doing nice things and being honest about something.
Are there people within the MAGA movement that believe that Trump is "God's Chosen Leader"? I am sure that's true, but it doesn't make everyone or even the majority believe it. I just don't think this an honest tactic. Just like I wouldn't accuse everyone here in believing something that a minority of Dems believe on the far left.

Biden could very well be an "average Catholic", but if we're talking about a spectrum of belief, I would say he's closer to a "bad Catholic" than a "devout Catholic" as he is being portrayed as.

Don't worry, Biden lowers his own poll numbers by what he does and not what is reported by the media carrying his water. Maybe they should indict Trump more, that seems to be working. Sounds like AZ is about ready to.

Does this help Biden?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I guess the transcript of the Hur interview is out.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

First of all, no, he said the date right away when asked ("May 30"). Second, why is this controversial in the first place? I have lost loved ones and I have never memorized the day they died. I remember the day I heard that each was dead, what it was like to get the bad news; but I don't memorize the day I heard they died. I memorized their birthdays, things like that. That's when I think of them and cherish my memory of them. Why is this a big deal?

WaPo looks at the full transcript and concludes that Biden "doesn’t come across as being as absent-minded as Hur has made him out to be."

Second, let's recall the whole point of this Hur investigation/report was not to quiz Joe Biden about random dates. It was to see whether he illegally retained classified documents. They found nothing, nada, zippo. So to try to whip up some kind of scandal out of nothing, they turn the report into this broadside attack on Biden's age and mental health.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

All this BS is only going to get worse the closer we get to the election. I don’t remember dates very well at all.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm impressed that the WaPo was able to review the 258 page transcript in minutes.

According to these tweets, Biden remembered the date immediately, but not the year? Is that right? Is that all that they have?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dems are really skewering Hur for his bias in the report. This is a good clip from Adam Schiff.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Latest GOP message to me.

WOW!

Special Counsel Hur just STORMED into Congress to EXPOSE Biden's illegal documents scheme.

Is Biden going to jail??>> https://e.givegopnow.com/7FXZMAj3MSf
Reply Stop to Stop

Dodgers' Superstar Steve Garvey just hit a homerun!

Steve and Adam Schiff are in a statistical TIE!

This is unprecedented and we MUST press the advantage, Patriot.

The best part is - Adam Schiff WILL LOSE, but only if YOU chip in NOW>> https://e.givegopnow.com/ew160YnJ87f

-California GOP
Reply Stop to Stop

Dear Patriot,
This is Kelly Johnson, Speaker Mike Johnson's wife.

Mike wanted me to send you a link to this crucial video update right away.

Don't let his calm demeanor fool you – this is absolutely CRITICAL.

Please don't ignore this… >> https://e.givegopnow.com/VQjQne203Xf
Reply Stop to Stop

This is Tim Scott looking to interview you.

GOP leaders are waiting to hear directly from you.

Submit your responses: https://e.givegopnow.com/13QOuQanGtf
Reply Stop to Stop

Notice all the different messages from all the different people all point to the same place? GIVE GOP NOW. In other words give you money to the GOP now so they can give it to Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's bad when Politifact is fact checking Dems.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:23 pm
It's bad when Politifact is fact checking Dems.
So we’re the 7th lowest out of 200+ countries? How does that not qualify as “among the lowest”?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

And if he meant the Americas, we are the lowest