Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden 2024

Post by In2ition »

Good news for everyone here.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ngl, this seems like a jackass move by Uncle Joe. Quit being a twat, and give the guy Secret Service protection.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I agree, but do you think Trump would have given it to a 3rd party candidate likely to steal votes from him?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:21 pm
I agree, but do you think Trump would have given it to a 3rd party candidate likely to steal votes from him?
Who knows, he might not, but that doesn't mean that Biden shouldn't do it. I'm not sure that's a great argument for him not doing it. Besides, it wasn't long ago that people thought that RFK Jr was going to steal votes from Trump. If Trump had a 3rd party candidate that was going to steal votes from him, he should also do it. It's about keeping someone alive, not votes.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, he can't allow the prices to go up when his current approval numbers keep tanking. He can let some out right before the election to boost his numbers. Screw the possibility that we are on the brink of war in the Middle East(Iran) and possibly in Taiwan after the earthquake might entice China to invade with the cover of humanitarian aid.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Who knows, he might not, but that doesn't mean that Biden shouldn't do it. I'm not sure that's a great argument for him not doing it. Besides, it wasn't long ago that people thought that RFK Jr was going to steal votes from Trump. If Trump had a 3rd party candidate that was going to steal votes from him, he should also do it. It's about keeping someone alive, not votes.
Ya I wasn’t trying to excuse it…just don’t think it’s surprising. I assume both sides would do it

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:41 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ya I wasn’t trying to excuse it…just don’t think it’s surprising. I assume both sides would do it
It doesn't make it right. Does noone just do the right thing anymore?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:34 pm
Phew!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:54 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
I agree. Usually Biden goes high whereas Trump goes low.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
I’m not disagreeing with you. It definitely doesn’t make it right and not very many people just do the right thing anymore…especially in politics

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
I guess that seals it then, we must investigate Jill Biden's laptop because she has inside information. Stop the steal.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
I guess that seals it then, we must investigate Jill Biden's laptop because she has inside information. Stop the steal.
:D :lol:

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:37 pm
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
I agree. Usually Biden goes high whereas Trump goes low.
Calling half of the country "extremists" or "domestic terrorists" isn't going high, that's being high.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It sounds to me like Homeland Security and a bipartisan group of five Congressmen decide these things. Saying Biden is doing it seems a little like saying Biden raised gas prices because he hates cars. Trump and Biden were the only candidates granted secret service protection. DeSantis and Halley? Nope.it sounds like a massive scandal if you read X posts.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/28/politics ... index.html
Kennedy’s suggestion that he is being treated differently than every other presidential candidate since 1968 is baseless. In reality, the vast majority of candidates in modern presidential primaries never receive Secret Service protection because they are not deemed “major” candidates

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/verif ... 0085cd5cb5
Federal law states that the Secret Service should protect “major presidential and vice presidential candidates.”

The law does not define “major,” instead assigning the Secretary of Homeland Security with deciding which candidates qualify, in consultation with a bipartisan group of five members of Congress.

Polling is also a factor in deciding who gets a detail. Secret Service guidelines say for a third-party candidate to be considered “major,” they should poll at 20% or higher for 30 straight days.
According to the RealClearPolitics average, Kennedy has been polling at roughly 15% against Trump and Biden – short of the mark.

Other high-profile candidates, like Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley, also do not have Secret Service protection at this time. The only protected candidates are Biden and Trump – Biden because he is currently president, and Trump because former presidents receive protection for as long as they want after leaving office.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's somewhat disingenuous to compare Kennedy to DeSantis or Hailey. Those were both Reps who had no chance in the Primaries. If they were to become a 4th party candidate in the general, then you would have a better argument.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Secret Service guidelines say for a third-party candidate to be considered “major,” they should poll at 20% or higher for 30 straight days. He got to 15%. Short of the mark as did DeSantis and Halley.

According to the rules, Homeland Security and 5 Congressmen make this decision, not Biden.

Calling this Biden refusing to allow Secret Service detail and trying to turn it into a big scandal is certainly a lot more disingenuous than me saying RFK, DiSantis and Halley all failed to get Secret Service detail because all three weren’t major candidates according to the rules already set forth.

Out of all the polls today his highest was 15% and lowest was 2%.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest ... l-election

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

More stupid shit.

Fox News rejects White House demands to retract Easter egg stories
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4574 ... ll-policy/
The White House has throughout the week forcefully pushed back on coverage across conservative media of the Easter Egg Roll, some of which incorrectly claimed the administration instituted a new ban on religious symbols for designs on eggs — a ban has been in place for decades.

2024 Call for Youth Art’ flyer which states Easter egg design submissions ‘must not include any questionable content, religious symbols, overtly religious themes,” a Fox spokesperson told The Hill on Thursday. “The story also includes on the record comments from American Egg Board President & CEO Emily Metz who explains that these longstanding guidelines are due to USDA rules.
The Fox story, originally published Friday, notes that “after publication of this article,” Metz told Fox “that for the past 47 years they’ve partnered with the White House.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Oh great, the “Do you know who I am?!” defense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why would the US Department of Agriculture have any say on what can be decorated on an egg? Seems odd to me.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This is just another dumb attempt by the right to create a scandal to hurt Biden out of nothing. Next week you guys will say Biden wants to cancel Christmas.