Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
JeremyG

Re: Biden 2024

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am
Why is Biden having a fence erected around the Capitol before his State of the Union address? This seems odd to me.
Ummm...maybe Republicans should sit this one out?

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Which video is that? Is that the one of BLM and Intifada attacking the Capital or is that the one of Trump supporters being welcomed in by the police and given tours?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's the video of the peaceful protest, singing and holding hands.

The reason they have a fence around the Capitol is because Trump has turned the GOP base into a violent mob, and the President doesn't want to get killed by Trump supporters. Pretty simple. I would do the same.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:58 am
In2ition wrote:
Why is Biden having a fence erected around the Capitol before his State of the Union address? This seems odd to me.
Ummm...maybe Republicans should sit this one out?

Is there word that there are going to be massive protests today?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Who actually calls him "Consoler in Chief"?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Does January 6th ring a bell? Always have to be on the lookout for those insurrectionists led by your guy.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:59 am
In2ition wrote:
Does January 6th ring a bell? Always have to be on the lookout for those insurrectionists led by your guy.
You have to be kidding me. When was the last time they had the fence up? Do you know there are credible threats and massive protests happening today that neccessitate this? I'm curious if you've heard something.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:16 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You have to be kidding me. When was the last time they had the fence up? Do you know there are credible threats and massive protests happening today that neccessitate this? I'm curious if you've heard something.
I haven't heard anything but I also wasn't aware of an insurrection on the 6th. Maybe they know something we don't.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:16 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I haven't heard anything but I also wasn't aware of an insurrection on the 6th. Maybe they know something we don't.
That could be the case. I haven't heard anything, and have been looking.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, maybe this was known and planned, but doesn't look like violent Reps.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good. Glad it wasn't violent Reps. this time. Pro Palestinian protestors are understandable as they don't think we're doing enough.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The fence probably had something to do with the fact that everyone is in the same room for the SOTU--the Senate and House and President and VP.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Good point.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think Biden had a very strong State of the Union address tonight. I was impressed.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I watched part of SotU and some clips later. I thought Biden did well. Most of the media / politics sources I follow on Twitter felt the same. If casual voters tuned in to see whether Biden seemed senile, I think they got a decent look at Biden's sharper side.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’m doubt any Maga watched it. I’m sure they have lot’s of comments to share anyway.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The GOP response to the SotU by Katie Britt was super weird. She spoke in this quiet, breathy voice the whole time. Who advised her to do that? The SotU responses are usually not super noteworthy except for weird quirks and gaffes, like:

- Marco Rubio drinking water awkwardly
- Joe Kennedy with weirdly shiny Chapstick lips
- Katie Britt doing ASMR

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:26 am
The GOP response to the SotU by Katie Britt was super weird. She spoke in this quiet, breathy voice the whole time. Who advised her to do that? The SotU responses are usually not super noteworthy except for weird quirks and gaffes, like:

- Katie Britt doing ASMR
You forgot Santos and his rocking bedazzled collar :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:

- Katie Britt doing ASMR
In her kitchen and on the brink of crying the entire time. It was pathetic.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:28 am
Mori Chu wrote:

- Katie Britt doing ASMR
You forgot Santos and his rocking bedazzled collar :lol:
And what about lipstick on a pig, Greene, wearing a MAGA hat. So gross.
"Be Legendary."