Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, I wanted to tell everybody about my prostate surgery. Shout it from the rooftops.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think it is a huge scandal, but it is concerning because he didn't seem to tell anybody in the government that he'd be out of commission for days. He is a very important person if there's any kind of military emergency like an attack.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This sounds like obstruction, special treatment and abuse of power, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

🚨BREAKING: SOME RANDOM GUY ON INTERNET SENDS TWEET

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Lol
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This guy...such a cut up.

Who does this guy think he is, putting his hands on the President?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

At this point they’re probably just hoping he makes it to January 21, 2025 before having to resign.

At least he’s made it longer than the 6 months Trump said he would last in office. Approaching 3 full years now. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:27 pm
At this point they’re probably just hoping he makes it to January 21, 2025 before having to resign.

At least he’s made it longer than the 6 months Trump said he would last in office. Approaching 3 full years now. :P
Good point.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

❌🆘 Breaking News 📣🔉

Trump is guilty of a lot of different crimes and he and his followers are trying to get out of it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Maybe he shouldn't have given them $250 billion.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Seems relevant. Congratulations to Joe on raising so much money.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wasn’t me. I personally stopped making political donations after the last election.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’ve made one donation ever and quickly regretted it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That’s how strongly I felt about the orange idiot. I never donated before or since. They’re not even tax deductible.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Maybe he shouldn't have given them $250 billion.
Maybe Trump shouldn’t have pulled out of the agreement the planet made with Iran.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump’s Iran cash story oft-told, still bogus
https://apnews.com/article/iran-north-a ... 9936375210

“You mean don’t don’t don’t isn’t working as a foreign policy?”

Biden sent the message don’t try anything Iran. Another Iran backed group the Houthi as you know have been attacking ships and the US and other Allie’s have been fighting off drones and small ship attacks. They warned them to stop or face consequences. They didn’t and now have faced consequences in their command and control on land being blown to bits. Works for me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a little off with your timeline? The attack on the consulate was after the supposed command and control was blown to bits. It doesn't seem to have deterred them in the least.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Biden is doing exactly what I would expect a US President to do in this situation. Bring enough firepower to the scene to protect US interests such as Israel and shipping in the area. Iran is doing pretty much what I expect it to do by resisting the West and causing as much turmoil as possible. Maga is doing exactly what I expect them to do by criticizing everything Biden does no matter what.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It really takes some balls to criticize Biden for anything to do with Iran. Trump is the one who pulled us out of the nuclear deal that was keeping Iran from developing weapons. Now, whaddayaknow, they're developing weapons. Blame Biden! The logic is preposterous. The argument seems to be something like, "Trump is big and strong like bull, so even with no Iran deal, Iran would be so scared of his manliness that they would never develop weapons! Biden is weak and old, so Iran is doing whatever they want." If you believe that, I've got some land in Florida to sell you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And we can count on some to do exactly what we think they will and carry Biden's water, no matter how inexcusable it is.

Thinking that the nuclear deal was keeping Iran from developing weapons is next level pollyanna logic. "Oh, I will give Iran lots and lots of money, and they won't even dare build these nuclear weapons behind our backs, even if they say everyday that their goal is to destroy the evil Satan of the US. They're just kidding, silly."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nobody was taking their word for anything. All uranium mined or imported was tracked and all nuclear facilities inspected.

Also, nobody gave them money. The international community froze their assets to force them to the bargaining table and released them when a deal was struck. Naturally, conservatives call this giving them money, but it was their money to begin with.