Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Biden 2024

Post by In2ition »

Sure, and the $6 billion given for ransom could never be used for anything except humitarian purposes. Like Mori said, he has some land to sell in Florida.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The entire planet was extremely happy with the Iran deal. It was in place for five years. I have posted on this subject until I was blue in the face. I can list dozens and dozens of articles talking about how the entire planet thought Trump was a total idiot for pulling out of the agreement. All the countries involved said Iran was complying including the Trump team right after the election and were pissed off at their supposed ally the US. Trump didn’t care. He hated Obama and the deal was a signature Obama deal and Trump had an opportunity to destroy the deal just to spite Obama. That’s when we saw in action Trump not giving a rats ass about anything other than his giant ego.

The GOP take on this now is laughable.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It goes both ways. Biden repealed a bunch of EO's & policies that Trump did, even though they were working, just because of some "TRUMP IS HITLER" nonsense. After Trump designated the Houthi's to the Terrorist list, Biden took them off it. Now, that doesn't look like a very enlightened decision.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 am
Nobody was taking their word for anything. All uranium mined or imported was tracked and all nuclear facilities inspected.

Also, nobody gave them money. The international community froze their assets to force them to the bargaining table and released them when a deal was struck. Naturally, conservatives call this giving them money, but it was their money to begin with.
Also Iran can have them. So can Russia. So can NK.

You can’t hold a fat glizzy in your hand and tease your brother he can’t have one because you unilaterally decided HE’s too fat but your 500 pound self is okay.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

New poll. This "Other" person sounds pretty good!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Biden is killing it. Definitely better numbers than Trump got in Iowa.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the poll shows something interesting about the Dem electorate right now. A lot of them don't love Biden and wish they could vote for an "Other" Dem candidate. But when the actual other Dem candidates are listed, most people don't pick them. So I think most of those "Other" voters will come home and vote for Biden at the end of the day. Just as most R voters will come home and vote for Trump.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You're not wrong.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Is Biden above the law?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

An ILLEGAL notary?!?!. Lock him up! We can’t have criminals walking around.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:41 am
An ILLEGAL notary?!?!. Lock him up! We can’t have criminals walking around.
Lol, no one is calling for someone to get locked up. The law is clear on this and they are arguing that he is by definition not allowed to be on the Primary or General Election ballot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is kind of random, but I'm really glad the Biden admin is pushing to make free tax filing web software better and easier. The big companies like Intuit (TurboTax) have been lobbying to block this for a long time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I like the sound of that. If I had a regular job with one paycheck and only a few deductions I might go for that. I am self employed and deduct my expenses and that gets a little complicated for simpletons like me. I have been going to the same tax lady for over 30 years.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't get this joke. It went over my head.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Because of course. Better start preparing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

From the reliable sources at Wall Street Apes.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... 20services.
The Navy said Friday that it will allow those without a high school diploma to enlist as long as they score a 50 or higher on the Armed Forces Qualification Test that all prospects must take, the latest move to boost recruitment in the face of an historic recruiting crisis reverberating across the services.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for posting an actual source on that article. I don't have strong opinions about what should be required for military service; presumably they know what qualities they need in their recruits. I don't think they typically need enlisted men to have high academic credentials or education, but I don't know much about it.

I have to laugh at the insinuation that a change to try to boost Navy enrollment is some kind of secret preparation for war. Isn't it tiring always thinking that everything is part of a sneaky conspiracy or evil plan?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think the plan is to always be prepared for war and there is a certain level of trained troops needed to get the job done. Like they said recruitment is down and they need people. I think they would prefer if all the new recruits had a higher level of education. Beggars can’t be choosers. Better than a draft. I think the military is just like other businesses in the fact that they have to train people for the jobs they do. Some jobs require different levels of skills. Peeling potatoes and sweeping a deck on an aircraft carrier doesn’t require a GED. Being a Navy Seal or being a fighter pilot is a little more difficult.

Big conspiracy? WallStreetApes thinks so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Big conspiracy?

Sweden is warned to 'brace for war': Civil Defence minister tells citizens to 'get moving' and prepare for the end of 210 years of peace as country bids to join NATO in face of Russia tensions
  • Minister urged Swedish citizens to ask themselves 'who are you if war comes?'
  • Comes as Zelensky said allies must 'finish' Putin to avoid destruction of Ukraine

By DAVID AVERRE and PERKIN AMALARAJ
PUBLISHED: 08:37 EST, 10 January 2024 | UPDATED: 06:39 EST, 11 January 2024
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... _share-top

UK army chief warns citizens to prepare for massive war with Russia
By Andrew Naughtie
Published on 24/01/2024 - 16:14•Updated 25/01/2024 - 08:04
The top general likens the situation in Ukraine to the crises of 1914 and 1937 and insists that only 'citizen armies' will be able to defeat the coming onslaught on the West's way of life.
https://www.euronews.com/2024/01/24/uk- ... ith-russia