Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
JeremyG

Re: Biden 2024

Post by JeremyG »

He makes plenty of gaffes, but here it just sounds like he is saying “country, [comma] in America, [comma] and…”
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I really don't see Mario's point here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'll preference this with what Mori always states about polls. It's still very early, and they could change wildly as we get closer to the election.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm
I'll preference this with what Mori always states about polls. It's still very early, and they could change wildly as we get closer to the election.
This is another example of you posting low-quality content. "Newsweek" says Biden has his lowest approval rating? Why doesn't he link to the article or poll, then, so we can verify this for ourselves? You shouldn't embrace such low-quality content.

All of these polls are suspect this far out from the election. But in general you should be suspicious of a post like this one from your pal Mario. Normally after the President delivers his State of the Union, his poll numbers go up a bit. It's a big speech, the President gets a lot of attention, he looks Presidential, looks like a leader. It happened after Trump SotUs and past Biden ones as well. A tweet or headline saying that the President has a crushing all-time LOW number after SotU is probably false or misleading based on essentially all of American history.

When I look at Newsweek about Biden and polls, I see this:
Joe Biden Takes Stunning Lead Over Donald Trump in Two Polls
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-dona ... st-1879540

You should consider checking your sources better and being more critical / skeptical of tweets that seem to confirm your opinions and beliefs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:40 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:17 pm
This is another example of you posting low-quality content. "Newsweek" says Biden has his lowest approval rating? Why doesn't he link to the article or poll, then, so we can verify this for ourselves? You shouldn't embrace such low-quality content.

All of these polls are suspect this far out from the election. But in general you should be suspicious of a post like this one from your pal Mario. Normally after the President delivers his State of the Union, his poll numbers go up a bit. It's a big speech, the President gets a lot of attention, he looks Presidential, looks like a leader. It happened after Trump SotUs and past Biden ones as well. A tweet or headline saying that the President has a crushing all-time LOW number after SotU is probably false or misleading based on essentially all of American history.

When I look at Newsweek about Biden and polls, I see this:
Joe Biden Takes Stunning Lead Over Donald Trump in Two Polls
https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-dona ... st-1879540

You should consider checking your sources better and being more critical / skeptical of tweets that seem to confirm your opinions and beliefs.
Could you do me a favor and read the tweet again? It wasn't about Poll numbers vs Trump. You can refute the tweet, that's fine, but consider not trying to pull the professor admonishing bs on me. I'm not your pupil, Marty. Perhaps you ire would be better directed toward Newsweek.

Here is the article from Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-appr ... 24-1878673
Joe Biden's Approval Rating Falls to All-Time Low After SOTU
Published Mar 13, 2024 at 8:12 AM EDT
Updated Mar 13, 2024 at 9:56 AM EDT
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Now that the Hur report turned up nada, multiple GOP voices admitting that impeaching Biden is increasingly unlikely. You know it was a dud if even the GOP can't whip up an excuse to push this forward.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Not sure that the House Oversight Committee agrees with you, and Hur showed that Biden violated the law in numerous ways, but decided not to pursue charges. Probably, the reason is you can't charge a sitting President, and even if you could, you can't convict a Dem in DC court.
President Biden wants our impeachment inquiry to end, but that’s not for the subject of the investigation to decide. This is just more obstruction from the Biden White House.

The White House is OBSTRUCTING Congress from obtaining the following:

▪️ All drafts of then-Vice President Biden’s speech delivered to the Ukrainian Rada in Dec. 2015

▪️ Joe Biden’s emails with his family’s business associates where he used an alias

▪️ Interviewing current and former White House staff about President Biden’s mishandling of classified documents

▪️ Interviewing a current Biden Administration official about his knowledge of possible FARA violations related to Burisma

The White House wants to HIDE the evidence we’ve unearthed about the Bidens’ corruption:

▪️ The Bidens and their associates raked in over $24 million from 2014-2019 by selling Joe Biden as “the brand”

▪️ Vice President Biden dined, attended meetings, spoke on speakerphone, and had coffee with his son’s foreign associates

▪️ Joe Biden has met with nearly ALL foreign associates funneling his family millions

▪️ Witnesses’ testimonies reveal Joe Biden not only knew of and participated in, but enabled the Biden “business” and he was used to close deals with Russian and Chinese entities

▪️ President Biden has lied nearly two dozen times about his family’s business dealings

We will not be intimidated by the White House. We will continue to obtain facts for the American people and deliver accountability.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think they should really show the Dems and impeach him three times. That’s one more than Trump’s 2. In your face Dems!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'd be surprised if anything happens, because the Reps are spineless.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Weird, I thought America was overrun with crime and murder since Biden took office?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Those stats won’t mean anything to the GOP, who will say crime is out of control because Biden is President. Trump will say something likeif Biden is elected Biden will release all murderers or something.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The pathetic Biden impeachment hearing is in progress again today. Rep. Raskin does a good job breaking down how much it has been a failure for the Republicans.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It's laughable that it's even thought for a second that Raskin "demolishes the entire Republican impeachment push". His whole thing was a farce in itself. The guy is a clown.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You've got to hand it to Jefferies. He absolutely nailed the Biden WH talking points verbatim here. Kudos! I'm sure he'll get a medal of freedom for his work soon. I bet he must have worked with his staff for at least 30 minutes to memorize them to perfection. We can all take note and do better ourselves to further those talking points.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. This Biden impeachment hearing is really off the rails. The whole thing sounds corrupt as heck by the Republicans.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:44 pm
Wow. This Biden impeachment hearing is really off the rails. The whole thing sounds corrupt as heck by the Republicans.

Idk if I would put much stock in Lev Parnas as a credible witness, to be perfectly honest.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This actually isn't surprising when you hear the stories of how many of the political prisoners have been treated the past 3 years. It's disgusting.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s honestly kinda mind blowing how vastly different reactions can be had to the exact same info…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It was similar with the Don Lemon / Elon interview. Lot of Elon fans thought he owned Lemon, while other people thought Lemon embarrassed and defeated Musk.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:44 pm
It was similar with the Don Lemon / Elon interview. Lot of Elon fans thought he owned Lemon, while other people thought Lemon embarrassed and defeated Musk.
Have you seen the demands that Lemon had for Elon? It was all kinds of outrageous.