AZ indicts Republicans for effort to overturn 2020 election

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: AZ indicts Republicans for effort to overturn 2020 election

Post by In2ition »

I'm optimistic enough to think that eventually we'll be able to agree on this stuff. You think this is law and justice right now, but it's not. We aren't seeing law and justice right now. We see criminals get away with truly evil things and there is no justice there. We are seeing real whistleblowers be targeted. We are seeing violations of the Bill of Rights over and over again without any restitution. With all that happening and the left right now trying to rub the other sides' nose in it, I think the perception will change and an ahha moment will take place for people. Not everyone at the same time, but everyone in their own time and own moment.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 am
You totally missed the point and essence of what I was saying. How could that be? I was talking about when the government swings wildly to one side or the other to make up for injustice done by the other side. Too far right, and you have a military state and possibly argue the Moussulini in Italy and in Germany the Nazis(although I would say that most of their views were on the left) with a military state and marshall law. Too far left, and you have mass killings by the government, like Stalin & Lenin in the USSR, Mao in China, Pol Pot and the Khmar Rouge in Cambodia.

You can't take a step back and look at the big picture and see what is happening. You see all the lawsuits and weaponization of the DOJ and justice system as some type of validation for your feelings of your side. You think this shows that you were right all along, and it's blinding you to what the logical conclusion is and how history shows what will happen if the pendulum swings back. The left used to be about peace, free speech and now they are the war mongers, for censorship, the party of dirty tricks, and the weaponization of every government agency against the American people.
I think I totally got your point. I just totally disagree. You are saying there should be absolutely no accountability for all the coup crap Trump and Maga pulled after the election because first off, he did absolutely nothing wrong of course and that this whole prosecutorial process will only lead to the Cons doing the same thing.

I can see the Cons have already been trying for many years to prosecute Dems for anything they can. The Con problem is that they don’t have enough evidence to prosecute anyone. They managed to wing Hunter Biden with a weapons charge. They investigated Hilary eight or nine times and came up empty. The Joe Biden impeachment went nowhere. The Homeland Security impeachment went nowhere.

Donald Trump: Three decades
4,095 lawsuits
https://www.azcentral.com/pages/interac ... -lawsuits/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am
In2ition wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 am
You totally missed the point and essence of what I was saying. How could that be? I was talking about when the government swings wildly to one side or the other to make up for injustice done by the other side. Too far right, and you have a military state and possibly argue the Moussulini in Italy and in Germany the Nazis(although I would say that most of their views were on the left) with a military state and marshall law. Too far left, and you have mass killings by the government, like Stalin & Lenin in the USSR, Mao in China, Pol Pot and the Khmar Rouge in Cambodia.

You can't take a step back and look at the big picture and see what is happening. You see all the lawsuits and weaponization of the DOJ and justice system as some type of validation for your feelings of your side. You think this shows that you were right all along, and it's blinding you to what the logical conclusion is and how history shows what will happen if the pendulum swings back. The left used to be about peace, free speech and now they are the war mongers, for censorship, the party of dirty tricks, and the weaponization of every government agency against the American people.
I think I totally got your point. I just totally disagree. You are saying there should be absolutely no accountability for all the coup crap Trump and Maga pulled after the election because first off, he did absolutely nothing wrong of course and that this whole prosecutorial process will only lead to the Cons doing the same thing.

I can see the Cons have already been trying for many years to prosecute Dems for anything they can. The Con problem is that they don’t have enough evidence to prosecute anyone. They managed to wing Hunter Biden with a weapons charge. They investigated Hilary eight or nine times and came up empty. The Joe Biden impeachment went nowhere. The Homeland Security impeachment went nowhere.

Donald Trump: Three decades
4,095 lawsuits
https://www.azcentral.com/pages/interac ... -lawsuits/
The problem is that the Reps are spineless and work with the Dems in a controlled opposition way. I've said this so many times, but it's like talking to a wall. The establishment of both Reps and Dems are essentially the same party. Two sides of the same coin.

There isn't a problem of no evidence. They have an abundance of evidence. Could they find a court in DC to convict them? Fat chance. It's a mob run system there. Are you on the side of the establishment and/or Dems? If you are, it's safe to say you can get away with nearly anything, unless you are found to be a burden, or you need to be made an example of.

You still aren't getting it. It's like a confrontation, one touches the other, the other one takes it to another level and touches them a little harder, then it's a punch, then it's a harder punch, then one pulls out a knife, then the other pulls out a gun. Eventually one is dead and the other one is in the hospital. Now, the family gets involved and want justice for their slain family member. Then the other family gets involved after it was taken to another level, and they want revenge on the entire family of their enemy. So on and so forth. If only one side gets justice, and the other feels like they are being treated unfairly, the political landscape changes and things escalate.

You seriously think that everything is just going to calm down and everything is going to just be accepted if Trump goes to jail or is killed, Biden wins the next election(while having the lowest approval rate at this point in their presidency in US history, and not being able to even get enough support to fill up a high school classroom), and conservatives are rounded up and put into internment camps? You think everything will be better if it's only Dems in all positions of influence? Everyone will just calm down and things will go back to normal, and the only worries we'll have are who the Suns play next.

Have you ever heard of the Cloward-Piven Strategy? It might be good to freshen up on it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t care if it settles down if Trump is convicted. At some point someone needs to hold him accountable. Most people think he won’t be convicted of anything because he is Trump and can get away with anything. He even brags about it.

Republicans in intern camps? You really have gone off the deep end. Maybe you should take some time off and relax.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You know there were people that talked about doing just that. People on MSNBC and CNN.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Post the link then if you are going to say that.

FOX was calling for the elimination of all Liberals. I can’t find it but, I know they said it somewhere someplace..

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

PBS attorney resigns after saying Trump voters' children should face 're-education camps'
by CHRISTOPHER WHITE Sinclair Broadcast Group Thu, January 14th 2021 at 3:51 PM
https://wcti12.com/news/nation-world/pb ... ump-voters

Hillary Clinton: MAGA ‘cult members’ need ‘deprogramming’
BY NICK ROBERTSON - 10/06/23 8:04 AM ET
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... ogramming/

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Project Veritas undercover video shows the man expressing support for re-education camps for the children of President Donald Trump's supporters and likening the president to Adolf Hitler.

There are no such places in America. I think he was making a point that Maga is a total cult. I think Hillary was pretty much saying the same thing. I think they are saying it because it’s true. Maga is a cult.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Since when does some random "PBS attorney" speak for the Democratic party? And where are these hypothetical "camps" he alludes to, exactly?