Thousands might die... but it's a dog that sparks an outcry

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!

Ring_Wanted

Re: Thousands might die... but it's a dog that sparks an out

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Look, if the dog has ebola, put him down, but first make it sure he indeed is infected. Of course, take all the measures needed to keep the dog from having any contact with the world and what not.

Just use some common sense and humanity and don't fall for the easy fix.

I have nothing more to say.

carey

Post by carey »

Did you read it? There's no evidence that dogs can even become symptomatic even if they carry Ebola. The disease isn't contagious unless you're symptomatic. They basically killed the animal for no reason out of fear. So it upset some people. I understand the reasoning on both sides. There's outrage and panic everywhere. No need to point the fingers at animal rights activists here.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Of course it upsets people. I am upset too. I hate that my country does things so irrationally. Use damn logic and don't take a life unless absolutely needed.

You know, the level of civilization measured by how you treat your animals, etc.

If Excaliur was my dog (Poncho) somebody would have been shot before he's gone.