Ebola

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Ebola

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't believe they let these people fly out of town right after interacting with an ebola patient. It is like something out of a bad movie. It just smacks of ignorance and carelessness. There are going to be stories of it reaching Ohio and other states within a week or two. It is going to be scary.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

So it seems like things have quieted down . . . is it the end or the calm before the storm? Seems like there's really different opinions, some of the aid groups in Africa are saying cases are going to start ramping up hugely and others think it's pretty much finished. Hope it's the latter rather than the former.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah it looks like some of the reported cases were false alarms. Phew. I'm not sure that we are out of the woods yet, but the recent news seems to be mostly good. I still want to wait another week or two because I think it takes about 21 days for it to show itself in an infected person.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

This is totally not my fault:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/23/healt ... index.html

Sheesh, maybe I shouldn't have washed my car, either.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Boo, ebola in New York. Scary stuff. When exactly am I allowed to panic?

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This topic died. I guess we aren't all going to die from this after all.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

We're all going to die of radiation poisoning after Russia nukes us in retaliation for falling oil prices. :lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That's not as far fetched as it sounds.