Ferguson

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Ferguson

Post by Indy »

I may be wrong, but I don't think I was a part of any of those 5 conversations.

And I'm in Florida today. And despite it being warm outside, it is freezing in this conference room.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:I may be wrong, but I don't think I was a part of any of those 5 conversations.

And I'm in Florida today. And despite it being warm outside, it is freezing in this conference room.
You most definitely were, but it was over 2 years ago, so a lapse is understandable, I guess.

You missed a full morning's worth of rain here, today - seems like I can't get warm.

Indy

Post by Indy »

So it wasn't here? It was the old site? I went on a hiatus for quite a while.

Either way, honestly that has nothing to do with what you are doing now.

Either way, not a big deal. Just asking the question. Just don't post it anymore since you know it isn't going to happen.

Indy

Post by Indy »

And I'm bummed I missed the rain. I love rain in winter in Phoenix.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I should have put quotes around winter.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:So it wasn't here? It was the old site? I went on a hiatus for quite a while.

Either way, honestly that has nothing to do with what you are doing now.

Either way, not a big deal. Just asking the question. Just don't post it anymore since you know it isn't going to happen.
Alright - in return, stop singling me out, cool?

Indy

Post by Indy »

If you never post that again, i promise to not ever call you out for it again. :)

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:If you never post that again, i promise to not ever call you out for it again. :)
Your bias is noted.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Indy

Ferguson

Post by Indy »

I'm confused. The editorial aspect of that story says he lied and as a result is responsible for the rioting. But what happened was he recounted seeing bullets enter his back. That doesn't say anything about whether he was being fired upon while his back was to the officer. Or did I miss something?

SDC

Post by SDC »

The lone witness--a young black woman--who had said she saw Officer Wilson shoot Michael Brown in the back, has now admitted she was lying.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ann coulter everybody...

SDC

Post by SDC »

Now even eric holder dismisses the "hands up, don't shoot" Ferguson protest as a delusional "alternative reality"

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/06/us ... ?referrer=

SDC

Post by SDC »

the name of the 35 year old black woman who deliberately lied about Officer Wilson and provoked riots and mayhem in Ferguson has yet to be revealed.

why?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

For her safety?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:Now even eric holder dismisses the "hands up, don't shoot" Ferguson protest as a delusional "alternative reality"

Having just read the article you posted, you are basically a liar.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote:Now even eric holder dismisses the "hands up, don't shoot" Ferguson protest as a delusional "alternative reality"

Having just read the article you posted, you are basically a liar.
reading and comprehension skills please, andy ghost.
They were four words that became the national rallying cry of a new civil rights movement: “Hands up, don’t shoot.”

Protesters chanted it, arms raised, in cities across the country in solidarity for Michael Brown, the black teenager who some witnesses said was surrendering when he was shot and killed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo.

The slogan was embraced by members of Congress, recording artists and football players with the St. Louis Rams.

It inspired posters and songs, T-shirts and new advocacy groups, a powerful distillation of simmering anger over police violence and racial injustice in Ferguson and beyond.

But in its final report this week clearing the police officer, Darren Wilson, of civil rights violations in Mr. Brown’s death, the Justice Department said it may not have happened that way. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. cast doubt on the “hands up” account even as he described Ferguson as having a racially biased police department and justice system.

“It remains not only valid — but essential — to question how such a strong alternative version of events was able to take hold so swiftly, and be accepted so readily,” Mr. Holder said Wednesday.
Last edited by SDC on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:For her safety?
why would you protect a proven liar? whose lies cost people property damages and injuries. does she deserve that at all? who would do her harm? white people? as for officer wilson, can he get his name and reputation back?

i'd protect officer wilson's name though at that time... oops. the press leaked it...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Two wrongs do not make a right. Neither name should be leaked.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:Two wrongs do not make a right. Neither name should be leaked.
i'm all for keeping it secret if she was a truth teller. she should be held accoutable for her own self serving lies.