An odd expose for a Monday morning

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Dan H

An odd expose for a Monday morning

Post by Dan H »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

I'm scratching my head trying to see how this is so terrible as to merit a page 1 exclusive. Reading through the comments online it seems that I'm not alone there. This comment is great:

What I got out of the article is that Rand Paul doesn't just talk about helping the poor by taking other peoples money and redistributing it, he actually does it himself on his own time. I also see that he will fight the establishment if their rules are unfair. These are both qualities I would like to see in the next president be they Democrat or Republican. Hillary certainly doesn't qualify, neither does Bush.

Yup. Very much so.

And then you have this part, which I'm amazed survived unmolested by the editor of the paper:

“The difficulty was probably harder, [and] it was more clinically relevant” than the old board’s exam, said Marc Jones, an eye doctor in Bedford, Ind. Jones was certified by the new board in 2003. As the years passed, he heard nothing from the board and wondered what happened.

“If you want to hold, I can go get my certification,” Jones said in a phone interview. A pause. “And it is signed by Rand Paul, M.D.! Hey, that is really cool. I’ve got to keep this! . . . I mean, he may be the next president.”

I'm sure the coronation of Jeb by the media will continue on for the next year and a half, though. :roll:

Mori Chu

Re: An odd expose for a Monday morning

Post by Mori Chu »

Did you hear that a gay couple bought JebBushForPresident.com many years ago and use it as a site to promote LGBT rights? Heh.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

That's funny.

I was reading an article about Jeb being a bully when he was in prep school and reminded me of the story of Romney cutting the kid's hair in prep school.

How about if you've attended prep school, you should be disqualified from public office? Just a thought.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think it's dumb to dig up dirt on politicians from when they were in HS/college or earlier. People grow. Let them be young and do some stupid things, as long as they don't commit a bunch of felonies or something. I especially roll my eyes when they find out that, GASP!, presidential candidate X smoked pot one time in college. Ooooooh, we could NEVER have a president who did that!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I think it's dumb to dig up dirt on politicians from when they were in HS/college or earlier. People grow. Let them be young and do some stupid things, as long as they don't commit a bunch of felonies or something. I especially roll my eyes when they find out that, GASP!, presidential candidate X smoked pot one time in college. Ooooooh, we could NEVER have a president who did that!
From the guy once fascinated with coaches holding dildos. :P

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:I think it's dumb to dig up dirt on politicians from when they were in HS/college or earlier. People grow. Let them be young and do some stupid things, as long as they don't commit a bunch of felonies or something. I especially roll my eyes when they find out that, GASP!, presidential candidate X smoked pot one time in college. Ooooooh, we could NEVER have a president who did that!
From the guy once fascinated with coaches holding dildos. :P
I couldn't help think of that as well, reading Mori's post.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

:)

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Another shocking expose, this time of my man Scott Walker.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

Dropped out of college?!? The horror! The horror!

(BTW, that's a bad angle for the Dems to take IMO because it has the possibility of alienating every blue collar worker out there this election cycle.)

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

BTW Mori - please run for office. I'd love to see the dildo debates.

"This man isn't fit - he posted pictures of Frank Johnson with a dildo!"

"In my defense, he WAS a terrible coach."

City Council if nothing else.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have way more skeletons in my closet than that dildo pic!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:I have way more skeletons in my closet than that dildo pic!
Welp, you might as get them out in the open now so they don't come back to haunt you at election time.
"Be Legendary."

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Boy, they're really spooked by Walker, aren't they?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/nyt ... 52171.html

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Every politician considering running for President is going to be put through a microscope and any dirt of any kind will be magnified and amplified by the press, anybody running against them and the apposing party. That goes without saying.

I don't know if Hillary can even run now, she mass murdered all those guys in Benghazi.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Nodack wrote:Every politician considering running for President is going to be put through a microscope and any dirt of any kind will be magnified and amplified by the press, anybody running against them and the apposing party. That goes without saying.

I don't know if Hillary can even run now, she mass murdered all those guys in Benghazi.
She didn't kill anyone in Benghazi, she was too busy dodging sniper fire in Bosnia. No worries though, she "ain't in no ways tarred."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I had to look that Bosnia thing up. That is pretty funny. Events get a little fuzzy after almost two decades, but no doubt she was milking it for all it's worth to show her somewhat fabricated courage under fire.

I did a DOD tour and was in Tazar myself late 2000 four years later. They issued us jackets and helmets and we were required to wear them when off the bases like flying or driving to another base, but not while on base. We did hear stories of snipers attacking bases at different times, but nothing happened while we were there aside from some old lady off one base cussing us out in a language we didn't understand. They told us not to flip the peace sign to anybody because it was the official Serbia Victory sign and could really offend certain people.