Why some conservatives say Trump talk is fascist

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Why some conservatives say Trump talk is fascist

Post by Mori Chu »

Not necessarily a permanent ban. I just wanted a time-out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Like bobby brown says...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I wouldn't have banned him for posting so much but, he did taunt you and that is a complete lack of respect.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The problem is he wasn't posting to generate discussion or even share information; it was just a place for him to ejaculate.

We would have had the same complaints if Dan were still here and posting the same stuff from the other side.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don't know. He shared articles about politics in the politics folder. It was all Liberal anti Republican propaganda but then 99% of all politics articles are some form or propaganda.

If Dan did that there would have been a lot more discussion since most of the people posting here seem to lean Liberal and would have presented apposing views.

I get it though. I have in the past been really annoyed by trade scenario spam on the Suns side and stopped reading and posting for long stretches because it annoyed me so much. It is a Sun site and people talk about whatever they want to talk about and people like to talk trades. Who am I to criticize? If I don't like it I don't have to read it.

This is the politics folder. Ladmo posting politics articles is what it is for whether we agree with the articles or not. He over does it sometimes with the sheer volume of threads but, that's what he's into. I haven't shied away from the folder because of Ladmo's articles. If they don't appeal to me I just don't read them. It's just data. After awhile just delete it.

I wouldn't ban him from posting too many articles. I only like to ban people when they start attacking other people and refuse to stop. Mori asked him to turn it down a notch and Ladmo's response was to make it personal by taunting Mori and thumbing his nose at him which is disrespectful to a guy who is hosting the site. That borders on something I might ban for.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If Dan did that there would have been a lot more discussion since most of the people posting here seem to lean Liberal and would have presented apposing views.
Disagree there. Dan was much more respectful of others. If Dan were posting the equivalent of Lad, it would have been thread after thread of things like:

"B. Hussein Obama Outed as a Muslim!!!"

"Clinton Responsible for Murder in Benghazi!!!! Kill her!!!"

"Obama Wants Death Panels to Kill Your Mom?!?!"

"Poll Question: Obama...
A) Hates Christians
B) Hates Jews
C) Wants to take your guns
D) Isn't an American
E) Loves Syria"

"Poll Question: Follow up--Trick question--> Answer is ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! pwned!"

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It just became too much. He was discouraging others from participating. I stopped reading the folder because 99% of the content was noise. I suspect this was true for others as well. The volume was too high and tone was way off. It was not good for this part of the board. A more heavily curated subset of the same content, presented in a slightly different way, would have probably been fine. But just scroll through the list of past threads and it just wasn't an informative and interesting discussion. I just want to have an actual conversation about this stuff.

I do not think it is a coincidence that a whole bunch of vibrant discussion is suddenly happening in this folder literally the day that his spam threads stop flooding in. In the other threads we're talking about San Bernardino, and talking about who we'd vote for right now, the merits of the various candidates, etc. Not everybody agrees, but it's high signal-to-noise ratio, and everybody is listening to each other and having a real conversation about it.

Even after all the flood of threads and such, the ban came for rudeness. I asked him to tone things down but he decided to be insulting and personal instead. He was asking for it. If you come into a community and misbehave and insult people, they might ask you to leave.

I'll lift the ban after the holidays. If he wants to come back and post in a more respectful and moderate way, he will be welcome.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I'm crippled by bring limited to my phone, but I can't find where the post frequency limit is in the user agreement. Or the value added requirement.

He wasn't attacking people until you gave him a last warning (I trust that the previous warnings were done privately, or that I missed those threads). He's long winded and not that interesting, but neither of those offenses deserve banning. I am personally happy to have him gone because he does detract from the conversation, but unless there are posted rules about how we are supposed to talk to each other, I think this was an extreme response.

Ladmo is a known quantity; if you are banning him now then you shouldn't have let him join in the first place. He's been very tame.

That said, I don't miss him. But you need to put your rules out more clearly.

Sent from my Nexus 6 to annoy Superbone using Tapatalk

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ghost wrote:I'm crippled by bring limited to my phone, but I can't find where the post frequency limit is in the user agreement. Or the value added requirement.

He wasn't attacking people until you gave him a last warning (I trust that the previous warnings were done privately, or that I missed those threads). He's long winded and not that interesting, but neither of those offenses deserve banning. I am personally happy to have him gone because he does detract from the conversation, but unless there are posted rules about how we are supposed to talk to each other, I think this was an extreme response.

Ladmo is a known quantity; if you are banning him now then you shouldn't have let him join in the first place. He's been very tame.

That said, I don't miss him. But you need to put your rules out more clearly.

I agree with what you said except for the attack parts. You could have left that out. That was pretty cruel. Especially when Ladmo can't even defend himself.
He's long winded and not that interesting...
I am personally happy to have him gone...
...I don't miss him.
He is a real person with real feelings, you know.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He's long winded and not that interesting, but neither of those offenses deserve banning.
I did not ban him for being long-winded or uninteresting.
unless there are posted rules about how we are supposed to talk to each other, I think this was an extreme response.
The main list of board areas says, "Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!"

While I agree that there is not a clear rigid code of conduct posted anywhere, I feel that it is clear that flaming and trolling are not tolerated.
Ladmo is a known quantity; if you are banning him now then you shouldn't have let him join in the first place. He's been very tame. [...] That said, I don't miss him. But you need to put your rules out more clearly.
Ladmo is a known quantity, and I'm generally fine with having him here. Even though he has a strong personality and can be a bit much, I do think he has interesting takes on basketball and a variety of other subjects. I don't think banning him now means that he should never have been given a chance. I gave Cubby / Culburn Castleberry / Dale a chance. (He didn't last long, but.) I'd like to think that everybody can have a chance to be a part of the community as long as they are not a net negative.

If somebody says "Last warning" to you (after multiple other reminders) and you insult them back, I don't know how you can expect to remain welcome in the group.

And I also don't see why I should have to tolerate somebody coming to this site and repeatedly insulting me. Why should I let someone do that? We've only banned 3 people (Cubby, Swing, and now Ladmo) since the site started, and in each case it was for bothering other member(s) and generally detracting from the board in some way. If you prefer to go to a site where people are free to personally attack each other all day, SpursTalk and others are always an option.

Anyway, as I said before, I think the Politics area already has a better feel to it and has more people contributing intelligent conversation. I respect that not 100% of users will agree with my decision to temporarily ban Ladmo, but as a busy person I grew tired of the upkeep and policing of his behavior and felt it was for the best.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:And I also don't see why I should have to tolerate somebody coming to this site and repeatedly insulting me. Why should I let someone do that? We've only banned 3 people (Cubby, Swing, and now Ladmo) since the site started, and in each case it was for bothering other member(s) and generally detracting from the board in some way. If you prefer to go to a site where people are free to personally attack each other all day, SpursTalk and others are always an option.
I guess I missed this part. I don't recall posts of Ladmo repeatedly insulting you. But maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.
"Be Legendary."

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

New site same shit [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Mori Chu wrote:It just became too much. He was discouraging others from participating. I stopped reading the folder because 99% of the content was noise. I suspect this was true for others as well. The volume was too high and tone was way off. It was not good for this part of the board. A more heavily curated subset of the same content, presented in a slightly different way, would have probably been fine. But just scroll through the list of past threads and it just wasn't an informative and interesting discussion. I just want to have an actual conversation about this stuff.

I do not think it is a coincidence that a whole bunch of vibrant discussion is suddenly happening in this folder literally the day that his spam threads stop flooding in. In the other threads we're talking about San Bernardino, and talking about who we'd vote for right now, the merits of the various candidates, etc. Not everybody agrees, but it's high signal-to-noise ratio, and everybody is listening to each other and having a real conversation about it.

Even after all the flood of threads and such, the ban came for rudeness. I asked him to tone things down but he decided to be insulting and personal instead. He was asking for it. If you come into a community and misbehave and insult people, they might ask you to leave.

I'll lift the ban after the holidays. If he wants to come back and post in a more respectful and moderate way, he will be welcome.
Yes. Thank you.

I went on vacation for my 10th anniversary, saw he was back, said eh, and have been working on other things. That and the Suns sucking ass doesn't help matters.

Merry Christmas, gents.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Same to you Dan. Hope the family is doing well!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good to see you back, Dan. We welcome your thoughts and opinions on the recent political issues. Who do you like in the Republican debates lately?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Good to see you back, Dan. We welcome your thoughts and opinions on the recent political issues. Who do you like in the Republican debates lately?
His silence speaks volumes. :P
"Be Legendary."

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Good to see you back, Dan. We welcome your thoughts and opinions on the recent political issues. Who do you like in the Republican debates lately?
His silence speaks volumes. :P
Sure, it's not like there's a holiday or anything going on right now. :lol:

I'm still liking most of what I hear from Cruz. The nice thing about Trump is that he's absorbing most of the attacks from the establishment this go-round, and preventing the coronation of Bush. Will his polling numbers hold up once the voting starts? Who knows. I'm just happy the crew that foisted McCain, Dole, and Romney on us have been stymied this time around.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Sorry but Cruz is a tool who I don't think is electable. And when I see him speak in front of crowds, I feel like I'm watching a televangelist which scares me. Also consider that Cruz is basically just piggy backing off of everything Trump is doing/saying without the bluster.

Trump is driving everything so far. I don't think people realize/understand or appreciate what he's doing. And when I say "appreciate" I don't mean they should be thankful for his views and opinions and "solutions". From a marketing and PR perspective, I can't help but appreciate how he's taken over this entire process. He's literally determining what the candidates are talking about, he's strategically attacking his opponents, calling out the hypocrisies when need be, playing to his audiences instead of reading off scripted lines, dominating political talk shows. And even when people try and challenge him and his views, he just shuts them down or ignores them and moves on. It's interesting to watch and it'll be interesting to see how he fares if/when people really start looking for details for his plans such as fixing the economy, dealing with foreign leaders, creating the infrastructure necessary to overhaul the immigration process.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

True. When anyone asks Trump a question, he ignores it and continues his verbal vomit. Some people seem to find that respectable.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump just proves that none of us really know what we are doing.