Time to Vote (really this time)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!

Choose wisely...

Bush
No votes
Carson
No votes
Clinton
29%
Cruz
14%
Rubio
5%
Sanders
43%
Trump
10%

Total votes: 21

Nodack

Re: Time to Vote (really this time)

Post by Nodack »

Yet, Bernie is probably the guy that wants to help them out the most out of all the other candidates.

Indy

Post by Indy »

This goes against nearly everything I have ever said about people running for President, but I get the feeling he isn't looking for the title.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:This goes against nearly everything I have ever said about people running for President, but I get the feeling he isn't looking for the title.
When he started out, I had the impression that he just wanted to use the campaign as a platform for his views, rather than seriously expecting to become President. But I think he's been more successful than he expected to be and now sees victory as a possibly attainable goal.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think the country is sick of politics as usual. I don't think Trump or Bernie would have a chance in normal years. I think the country as a whole is making a big statement that Washington should be hearing by now. I doubt that they have really gotten the message yet but, are starting to. A Trump or Sanders President I think would make the message a lot clearer. Even then I don't think Washington would get the message because they are politicians bought and paid for.

I think Washington would reject either of those candidates and try to block everything they try to accomplish as Republicans did for Obama. I think both candidates would paint Congress as obstructionists and appeal to America for help. Where that goes is anybody's guess.

I myself am very sick of politics as usual and have lost faith in the system. I am enjoying the Republican Party being at war with itself and I am also enjoying watching Hillary squirm form Bernie's assault. I am proud that America is fighting back against the system they do not trust anymore. I do not want a violent revolution by any means but, welcome America standing up and voting against the establishment politicians. Washington should be getting the message but, they are stubborn.