Time to Vote (really this time)

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!

Choose wisely...

Bush
No votes
Carson
No votes
Clinton
29%
Cruz
14%
Rubio
5%
Sanders
43%
Trump
10%

Total votes: 21

Indy

Re: Time to Vote (really this time)

Post by Indy »

The private email server thing actually upsets me more.
Agreed. That was stupid.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I really don't want to get into a huge back and forth here. You read stuff from the left and take it as truth, others take stuff from the right and believe that. I think Chris Stevens' emails about needing more security and feeling the threat of a potential attack were real and were ignored. For days after the attack, the WH and Clinton said the attack was due to the youtube video. Clinton herself emailed her daughter that night and said the embassy was attacked by an Al-Queda like group. Here are the articles I've read:

http://nypost.com/2015/05/21/hillary-go ... terrorism/

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/11/b ... bya-083713

In particular, there was at least a 19-hour gap between the time when Panetta first ordered military units to prepare to deploy

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/10/2 ... i-hearing/

I think the whole email/server thing is the GOP witchhunt, but it's also uncovering some things she didn't want to get out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If there was any wrong-doing, don't you think a heavily controlled Republican Congress would have done something to her after so many investigations?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Her email thing was a mistake. She deserves crap for that but, it has nothing to do with the Benghazi attack. It was just the last resort thing to pin on her after the Benghazi investigations uncovered nothing useful for Republicans to use against her. Should she get flak for it? Sure. Will that make her ineligible for President. I don't think so.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I watched the SOTU speech last night and thought it was awesome.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Obama's always been a great speech maker and he spoke in almost universal terms, as an ambassador for the world at times and not just America. And you see him up there speaking and clearly see the difference in being the President and the candidates giving their speeches. More confident and assured, authoritative and not just talking loudly to rally support. Crazy to see members of the GOP with sour pusses on and not clapping or being supportive of things like cancer research. Cruz didn't even show. Some of these guys are just clowns.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Canadian birther issue casting a large cloud over Cruz's campaign.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:Canadian birther issue casting a large cloud over Cruz's campaign.
Which is just so stupid.

Is it a good thing if it makes it so he can't run or just loses support? Does that make it a Trump vs Rubio primary season?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I find it funny, given all the stink the GOP made about Obama's supposed origins...

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

LazarusLong wrote:I find it funny, given all the stink the GOP made about Obama's supposed origins...
By which, you mean Hillary supporters, right?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... inton.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -thinking/

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:I find it funny, given all the stink the GOP made about Obama's supposed origins...
By which, you mean Hillary supporters, right?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... inton.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -thinking/

No, pretty sure he meant the GOP. Certainly people that didn't want Obama to be able to run for President against Hillary wanted to find any reason he couldn't run. But there is no comparison to that and how much the GOP (and Fox News) spend on promoting the idea or funding investigations on it.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Yes, I meant GOP. Hillary may have taken a silly swipe at Obama during the primaries, but discontinued. Meanwhile, the Tea Party idiots and others have been beating that toy drum like a two-year on Cocoa Puffs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It's politics. Anything goes if it has a chance of hurting somebody.

Cap

Post by Cap »

LazarusLong wrote:Yes, I meant GOP. Hillary may have taken a silly swipe at Obama during the primaries, but discontinued. Meanwhile, the Tea Party idiots and others have been beating that toy drum like a two-year on Cocoa Puffs.
You beat a two-year old on Cocoa Puffs?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

it was a tough match. Took me four beers to get through it ... :lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have been surprised by Bernie. I like him but, really didn't think he had a chance of beating Hillary. He just took Alaska and Washington convincingly. They are getting to the more Liberal states where Sanders can make up some ground. NY will be huge. It was Clintons state. Clinton has a sizable lead if you count her Super Delegates. I am wondering if Sanders makes it close that some of those Super Delegates will change their pledge.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:I have been surprised by Bernie. I like him but, really didn't think he had a chance of beating Hillary. He just took Alaska and Washington convincingly. They are getting to the more Liberal states where Sanders can make up some ground. NY will be huge. It was Clintons state. Clinton has a sizable lead if you count her Super Delegates. I am wondering if Sanders makes it close that some of those Super Delegates will change their pledge.
I would doubt it. I think they are in the Clinton pocket already.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why does Bernie do so poorly with black voters?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Why does Bernie do so poorly with black voters?
Because he is an old white Jewish guy from Vermont.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Why does Bernie do so poorly with black voters?
Because he is an old white Jewish guy from Vermont.
Don't think he'll do all that hot in Brooklyn... he'll remind too many of their landlords.