San Bernardino

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

San Bernardino

Post by Indy »

It amazes me how often this happens in this country, and how most seem to just take it as a fact of life we can do nothing about (except pray for the victim and arm more people).

ShelC

Re: San Bernardino

Post by ShelC »

I'm getting more and more disgusted by it and the politicians and NRA have blood on their hands at this point. They're dancing around the subject and deflecting it as a mental health issue but it's still about accessibility to guns.

But it'll be more of the same...crying and praying and vigils and statements from the politicians but by the weekend everyone will have moved on.

Disgusting.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What can I do about it, Indy?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:What can I do about it, Indy?
Help make it illegal for crazy people to get weapons made to kill many people very effectively.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Help make it illegal for crazy people to get weapons made to kill many people very effectively.
I'd very much like to do that. How can I help make that happen?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:I'm getting more and more disgusted by it and the politicians and NRA have blood on their hands at this point.
i bet the shooter was a member of the NRA and a republican.

meanwhile, foxnews is reporting that the perps house in Redland was an IED factory

and that they wore GoPro cameras during the massacre

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12 ... -massacre/
Last edited by SDC on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

how bout a halt to influx of muslim refugees that USA cannot possibly vet to prevent another paris like incident?

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I'd very much like to do that. How can I help make that happen?
If you are asking in earnest, then the answer is to take a civics class and learn how a bill becomes a law.

Sent from my Nexus 6 to annoy Superbone using Tapatalk

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

SDC wrote:
how bout a halt to influx of muslim refugees that USA cannot possibly vet to prevent another paris like incident?
And this is why I used to just block your worthless posts.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote:

how can the administration stop this kind of violence when they wont even use the term "radical islam"?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ghost wrote:
SDC wrote:

I'm so glad I do.

Ignorance is amazing in this country. I spent an hour watching Fox's coverage last night and was sickened. I had no idea they were regularly bringing in Fuhrman to provide political insight. He was outed as a confirmed racist 20 years ago and they value his opinion? It is so sad. I can't see a way where our country pulls out of this without a WW II scenario or a civil war.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

United We Stand

Divided....

Thanks FOX NEWS.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Nodack wrote:United We Stand

Divided....

Thanks FOX NEWS.
gun control wont stop jihadist mass shootings. just look at paris, with the strictest gun control laws in europe. you know what france did (on top of having strict gun laws) to prevent future succeeding jihadist-like massacres? The called for a 3 month state of emergency in france.

california also has the strictest gun control laws in the nation. why doesnt gov jerry brown call for a state of emergency in california?

and no gun control law can stop this shooter because the guy works for the govt, and he passes all background checks, aside from being under this politically correct climate in california, where you are more afraid of being called a racist for NOTICING SUSPICIOUS THINGS. (good for irving texas for locking up that muslim clock "inventor" temporarily for carrying what looked like a bomb. f- this PC nonsense).

edit: watch the first 20 seconds of this fox news report

Last edited by SDC on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Obama Just Called Saving the Planet an "Act of Defiance" Against Terror

http://m.motherjones.com/blue-marble/20 ... lks-speech

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My rant wasn't about gun control. It was about FOX News intentionally trying to get their base to hate the other half of the country for political gain. It's really dangerous and divides the country needlessly. People are getting killed because of it. As far as I am concerned FOX New has blood on their hands.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I also feel very sad about how much Muslims are being painted as "the bad guys" by certain networks and politicians. There are some Islamic extremists, yes, but there are also Christian extremists and atheist extremists and so on. 99.999% of Muslims are good people; this is not a religion of evil and hatred. To say otherwise is ignorant and discriminatory, and it's sad that it is even remotely acceptable to talk like that in 2015.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I also feel very sad about how much Muslims are being painted as "the bad guys" by certain networks and politicians. There are some Islamic extremists, yes, but there are also Christian extremists and atheist extremists and so on. 99.999% of Muslims are good people; this is not a religion of evil and hatred. To say otherwise is ignorant and discriminatory, and it's sad that it is even remotely acceptable to talk like that in 2015.
I never really understood how Germany in the 30s could have happened, but we are seeing germs of it now... it is really, really scary.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Obama's proven himself to be nothing but an empty suit and mostly all talk.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

This always got to me and maybe now makes a lot of sense.