2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Nodack

2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS

Post by Nodack »

http://money.cnn.com/2016/01/12/investi ... index.html

That harrowing advice is from The Royal Bank of Scotland, which has warned of a "cataclysmic year" ahead for markets and advised clients to head for the exit. Do not wait. Do not pass go.

"Sell everything except high quality bonds," warned Andrew Roberts in a note this week.
He said the bank's red flags for 2016 -- falling oil, volatility in China, shrinking world trade, rising debt, weak corporate loans and deflation -- had all been seen in just the first week of trading.
"We think investors should be afraid," he said.

I'm probably just paranoid but, they are a major Bank, not some guy on the internet selling something or a politician. If I was selling a house I would do it now. If I was buying a house I might wait. Stocks? If you are Superbone you ride the wave and you end up in the same place in the end either way.

Superbone

Re: 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:Stocks? If you are Superbone you ride the wave and you end up in the same place in the end either way.
Yep! :D I'm not concerned what happens in the next month or year. Do I think the stock market will be higher in five years than it is now? Yes. I will continue to invest as I've always done. If the market goes down, then I'm getting a deal.
"Be Legendary."

Dan H

Re: 2016 will be a 'cataclysmic year,' warns RBS

Post by Dan H »

They've been blowing an asset bubble via QE for years, it has to go down at some point.