2/6 Republican Debate

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

2/6 Republican Debate

Post by Mori Chu »

Anybody else watching? Rubio got his clock cleaned pretty badly by Christie. Trump and Cruz haven't moved the needle very much IMO. Kasich and Christie look somewhat stronger though neither will get the votes they need.

ShelC

Re: 2/6 Republican Debate

Post by ShelC »

Loved seeing Rubio get crushed. He's such a weasel and Christie ate his breakfast and made him look really bad. I bet if Rubio could've left the stage after their exchange he would've. He was clearly flustered, sweating badly and lost all the color in his face. Just awesome.

Christie shows strong but doesn't really say much and always refers back to 9/11, Hurricane Sandy and his time as a prosecutor.

Cruz is still just creepy and really didn't have an answer for the Carson/Iowa Fiasco. Hopefully that stays with him because he's definitely a slimy dude. He may have peaked in Iowa where the religious angle won him favor, but that won't happen in the Northeast.

I still think Kasich is probably the most knowledgeable and has the experience, he's just got no presence or leadership. Can't rally people and stutters and stammers all the time. Same with Bush, who might be the least charismatic politician. For someone with his political background, he's an awful speaker.

Carson is a clown, but is at least a likable fool. Trump is Trump. I think his act is getting old already.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I didn't watch it. I wasn't interested anymore. I watched the Democratic one a day or two earlier. Clinton and Sanders starting to get a little nasty with each other.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Kasich is the only one on that side I could see myself ever voting for. But he won't get that chance.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He can't possibly win, he isn't crazy enough.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If it came down to Hillary and Kasich, I"d have to take a long pause. Otherwise, I'm a shoe-in vote for whatever candidate comes out the democrat side as the rest of the republican field is a bunch of bigoted, prejudiced circus acts.

My first choice is Bernie. I don't care about his foreign policy weaknesses. I'd rather fix our own country first. The world's going to suck either way, it's a narcissistic view to think we can play big brother and fix that. The more we meddle, the less stabilized the regions seem to become.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:If it came down to Hillary and Kasich, I"d have to take a long pause. Otherwise, I'm a shoe-in vote for whatever candidate comes out the democrat side as the rest of the republican field is a bunch of bigoted, prejudiced circus acts.

My first choice is Bernie. I don't care about his foreign policy weaknesses. I'd rather fix our own country first. The world's going to suck either way, it's a narcissistic view to think we can play big brother and fix that. The more we meddle, the less stabilized the regions seem to become.
I am of a similar mind on both aspects this election cycle.