Suns News: Week 8 12/4-12/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Week 8 12/4-12/10

Post by specialsauce »

Would never wish injury on our only franchise player, but now that he’s hurt I hope he takes his sweet ass time recovering. Let the losses begin!

bajanguy008

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: Week 8 12/4-12/10

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/938529694122692613

Incoming 10-game losing streak?
We actually had a decent game against the Wolves when Devin sat out few games ago but yea I have no idea what to expect. We play Kings and Mavs so maybe we win a couple but the schedule isn't gonna be kind especially the home games seem to be legit squads
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Time to start running that Bender / Chriss pick and roll we heard so much about at draft time last year.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’m cool with Devin taking the whole month off. Play call of duty, Devin. Enjoy yourself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

Most likely.
"Be Legendary."

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

Most likely.
Buckle up, boys! It's not going to be fun, but it's for the best!

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i'm also OK with Booker taking a month off. It will force a few others to step up.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

12 of 17. 6 of 9 from three. 11 boards. 1 turnover. Very very quick release for a big man. Take a look maybe?

[youtube][/youtube]

carey

Post by carey »

I've been saying for a while now I'd like to see what he has. Look, he can't be any worse than Chriss or Bender right now. I'd wager whatever you want that he can give us 2 points on 1-3 from the field in any game you choose.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

More details:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 927289001/
Phoenix Suns star Devin Booker, who suffered a strained left adductor muscle late in the team's 126-113 loss in Toronto on Tuesday night, could miss most of this month following an MRI on Wednesday in Phoenix, according to the Suns.

"Following further evaluation and an MRI, his expected recovery time is approximately two to three weeks," according to a team release.
"Everybody can breathe a deep sigh of relief," McDonough said.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Peters is much more of a basketball player than either Bender or Chriss. The way things have gone, I'd bet Peters would totally outplay Bender and Chriss if he got the minutes. Then we'd have another logjam/positional challenge, this time with two top 10 picks vs a less heralded 2nd rounder.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't ever want to see Booker get hurt. But a good old fashioned losing streak is probably good for us this year. We really need a high draft pick and have to nail it this time.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:I've been saying for a while now I'd like to see what he has. Look, he can't be any worse than Chriss or Bender right now. I'd wager whatever you want that he can give us 2 points on 1-3 from the field in any game you choose.
But can he get 1 or 2 rebounds?!?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Reports are we've decided to keep James. Will make a roster move by morning to clear space.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I really hope we don't cut DJJ. I actually think he has an NBA future. He showed he had a few NBA skills last season and then his shot looked much improved in the summer league and preseason. I know he's in a position logjam behind TJ and Jackson, but cutting him so we can keep a 3rd string PG (who is 7 years older and immediately occupies the same bench spot once we can get a PG upgrade) is the bad long-term move.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

We will probably buy out Monroe.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Shabazz wrote:I really hope we don't cut DJJ. I actually think he has an NBA future. He showed he had a few NBA skills last season and then his shot looked much improved in the summer league and preseason. I know he's in a position logjam behind TJ and Jackson, but cutting him so we can keep a 3rd string PG (who is 7 years older and immediately occupies the same bench spot once we can get a PG upgrade) is the bad long-term move.
Agreed. I don't get the facination with James. Couldn't we just give someone like trey Burke another shot
It's like McD senses we are missing someone we all love to hate since PJ left and brought in james. He'd be fine as a 3rd string. But why cut DJJ or buyout Monroe. You could hold onto Monroe to the deadline and see if any takers then or use that salary in a trade. Either of these options would be worth more than simply signing james the rest of the year. What I'd like is a taller ulis with a 3 pt shot
Or maybe even just a 3pt shot

I really hope during the booker injury we try to get Chris's and Bender going on offense. Both give you some options off the pnr.
Currently they both might as well bring a pic-a-nic basket to the 3pt line they camp out there so much. I feel both could do things if they could get it at mid range. Or at least try it in the name of development.

Also are we starting jackson now with booker out? I like him getting more time, but we really really lack shooting now

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ok I make contracts and roster spots seem like rocket science sometimes tbh lol so I'm trying to understand this.

So James has probably one fan on here, I just assuming there has to be somebody cause clearly many of you not happy. the decision wasn't gonna bother me either way but I not clear on what our options were though if we let him go
If Ulis is the only pg on the roster then we just do another two way contract for another G League player ?
Were we gonna play with just Ulis and someone like Josh as a point forward til we trade a big and maybe bring back a pg ?

I just said we not going to have just one pg on the roster so wasn't too surprised. what I missing in terms of fallout from this move besides ppl not liking his style of play
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought the deadline was yesterday? How come we haven't heard anything on the James front?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Danimal wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I really hope we don't cut DJJ. I actually think he has an NBA future. He showed he had a few NBA skills last season and then his shot looked much improved in the summer league and preseason. I know he's in a position logjam behind TJ and Jackson, but cutting him so we can keep a 3rd string PG (who is 7 years older and immediately occupies the same bench spot once we can get a PG upgrade) is the bad long-term move.
Agreed. I don't get the facination with James. Couldn't we just give someone like trey Burke another shot
It's like McD senses we are missing someone we all love to hate since PJ left and brought in james. He'd be fine as a 3rd string. But why cut DJJ or buyout Monroe. You could hold onto Monroe to the deadline and see if any takers then or use that salary in a trade. Either of these options would be worth more than simply signing james the rest of the year. What I'd like is a taller ulis with a 3 pt shot
Or maybe even just a 3pt shot

I really hope during the booker injury we try to get Chris's and Bender going on offense. Both give you some options off the pnr.
Currently they both might as well bring a pic-a-nic basket to the 3pt line they camp out there so much. I feel both could do things if they could get it at mid range. Or at least try it in the name of development.

Also are we starting jackson now with booker out? I like him getting more time, but we really really lack shooting now
It's not about Mike James, it's a bout having more than one PG on the roster. It doesn't matter who, we have to make a roster move of some kind to bring in someone on a full nba contract.

Ulis is shooting very well from 3 lately. 42% over the last 11 games.