Donald Trump is racist

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Donald Trump is racist

Post by Mori Chu »

In an immigration meeting, with many witnesses, President Trump referred to Haiti and other African nations as "shithole countries."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ion-337926

Absolutely despicable, blatantly discriminatory and racist. Why does anyone defend this horrible man? He makes me embarrassed to be an American.

Indy

Re: Donald Trump is racist

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:In an immigration meeting, with many witnesses, President Trump referred to Haiti and other African nations as "s*** countries."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ion-337926

Absolutely despicable, blatantly discriminatory and racist. Why does anyone defend this horrible man? He makes me embarrassed to be an American.
A) They don't see anything wrong with what he said.
B) They may see it as a bit wrong, but not bad.
C) He is on their team, and as long as their team "wins" they don't care what he does.
D) Their personal wealth/career is wrapped up in his success/party success, and that is more important than being moral.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

As Arpaio just said, “I support him regardless of what he says.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Donald Trump is racist"

No kidding. You just figured that out? ;)
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Did he call individuals sh!+holes? My wife has called me an @$$hole from time to time and she's from El Salvador.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politics/ ... index.html
Cotton, an immigration hardliner who speaks with the President regularly, quickly hopped into a car. As he rushed across an unseasonably warm Washington, there was little to indicate the meeting he was about to enter would become so heated and ultimately go down as the time the President derided African countries as "shitholes" and asked why more immigrants couldn't come from Norway.

It was that final provision that prompted Trump's vulgarity. Asking why the US needs more Haitians, he pushed to "take them out" of the deal. And in a separate part of the conversation about the diversity visa lottery, Trump referred to people coming from Africa as coming from "shithole countries."

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:Did he call individuals sh!+holes? My wife has called me an @$$hole from time to time and she's from El Salvador.
Do you think he isn't racist?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:Did he call individuals sh!+holes? My wife has called me an @$$hole from time to time and she's from El Salvador.
Besides, why call out individuals when you call out whole groups of people at a time?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am seeing this defense on Facebook, too. "He didn't attack individual people! He attacked countries. Attacking countries isn't racist." Oh? What if he consistently always attacks countries where the non-white people are from, and consistently praises countries where almost 100% of the population is white, like Norway? What if he was busted for not renting apartments to blacks? What if he had all the toilet seats changed in the White House when he first arrived, saying he didn't want to sit on a toilet that Barack or Michelle had used (true story)? What if he openly discriminates against Muslims and tries to ban them from entering the US? What if he says that KKK members and white supremacists are fine people and that there are good people on both sides of that argument?

The evidence that this guy is racist is ample. You can deny it or we can talk about what to do about it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Besides, why call out individuals when you call out whole groups of people at a time?
That pretty much sums up racism...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I am seeing this defense on Facebook, too. "He didn't attack individual people! He attacked countries. Attacking countries isn't racist." Oh? What if he consistently always attacks countries where the non-white people are from, and consistently praises countries where almost 100% of the population is white, like Norway? What if he was busted for not renting apartments to blacks? What if he had all the toilet seats changed in the White House when he first arrived, saying he didn't want to sit on a toilet that Barack or Michelle had used (true story)? What if he openly discriminates against Muslims and tries to ban them from entering the US? What if he says that KKK members and white supremacists are fine people and that there are good people on both sides of that argument?

The evidence that this guy is racist is ample. You can deny it or we can talk about what to do about it.
I'm all for that. It saddens me that racism even exists, especially from the President.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So now the rumor is that Omarosa has given CBS News a tape where Trump uses "the N word" to describe black people. If this comes out, will it finally convince any of his rabid supporters that he is racist? Or will they find a way to rationalize even this one?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 am
So now the rumor is that Omarosa has given CBS News a tape where Trump uses "the N word" to describe black people. If this comes out, will it finally convince any of his rabid supporters that he is racist? Or will they find a way to rationalize even this one?
Have all Catholics left the church as they've found hundreds of priests been pedophiles and have thousands of victims?

Does calling someone a name mean that they are racist? Or are you a racist when you treat different races differently or make decisions based on what race they are instead of the person they are individually? I don't care what race you are, if you make decisions based on race, you are a racist, imo.

So you go to the gym for a pickup game and pick your bball team based on what color they are? If there is a mix of races, do you tend toward picking the black guys to be on your team, instead of the Asian, Hispanic or white dudes? Do you possibly do the same thing but different if you are in a different situation? Didn't Dude Perfect do skit on this?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Trump ran the most overtly racist campaign in my lifetime. Anyone who denies that he is a racist is a racist, so good luck.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Trump ran the most overtly racist campaign in my lifetime. Anyone who denies that he is a racist is a racist, so good luck.
This. Having a video or audio recording of him saying it will just solidify his base. I mean, this is the same base that supported Roy Moore. I am betting they wouldn't have supported Moore if he weren't a white guy.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:44 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Have all Catholics left the church as they've found hundreds of priests been pedophiles and have thousands of victims?

Does calling someone a name mean that they are racist? Or are you a racist when you treat different races differently or make decisions based on what race they are instead of the person they are individually? I don't care what race you are, if you make decisions based on race, you are a racist, imo.

So you go to the gym for a pickup game and pick your bball team based on what color they are? If there is a mix of races, do you tend toward picking the black guys to be on your team, instead of the Asian, Hispanic or white dudes? Do you possibly do the same thing but different if you are in a different situation? Didn't Dude Perfect do skit on this?

Priests = Trump

Catholic Church = Republican Party.

The Catholic Church hasn’t always done the right thing when they find out a priest of theirs is sexually abusing children. The religion doesn’t teach that it’s ok for priests molest children. They have just moved priests to a new locations sometimes to quell the outrage. The am not an expert but, sometimes haven’t they been ousted?

You are saying why haven’t people left the Catholic Church after they found out priests were molesting children? Some have, certainly not all. Do you blame the Church or do you blame the priest? I think we can also blame making guys promise to be celibate their entire lives is FU. That has to mess you up in an unhealthy way which leads to bad pent up sexual behavior imo.

Why haven’t people left the Church over priests molesting children? The Church doesn’t condone the behavior. The religion doesn’t condone the behavior. The public certainly doesn’t condone the behavior.

Trump is the bad priest. He has been caught over and over doing bad things. Why haven’t people left the Republican party? They say they don’t condone his behavior but, they seem to. They have not only allowed him to stay on in his Parish but, they have attacked the alter boys and claimed they are lying and call anybody that tries to take their side fake.

Edit: After thinking about it, comparing Trump to a priest isn’t quite accurate. Trump is the leader of the GOP. Trump could better be compared to the Pope. If the Pope went off the rails and started Twitter attacking everybody and called the media the enemy of the people how would the Catholic Church deal with it?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nothing. Matters.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am
Nothing. Matters.
Isn't it so fucking crazy?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It matters to me.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I know, but really you need it to matter to his 'supporters' because that is all who can do something. At least until the next election.