Dbacks 2018

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Dbacks 2018

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Suns suck. Let's all cheer for a winner. Hazen has done a great job as a GM.

We just put Yasmany Tomas on waivers. We're 2-1 to start the season with 2 wins against the Rockies. Robbie Ray got rocked but we won. Greinke looked elite with 9k's and no walks, but got no decision.

Looking forward to when Souza returns (got hurt in spring training diving for a ball) to add some thump to our lineup.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Re: Dbacks 2018

Post by AmareIsGod »

And starting today, BEAT LA! I hate the Dodgers, with a passion.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Re: RE: Re: Dbacks 2018

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:And starting today, BEAT LA! I hate the Dodgers, with a passion.
Did you stay up last night? I crashed after the Dodgers went up 7-6 in the 15th. I was tired but I would have only needed to make it 30 more minutes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

What a start to the year! Great to see them have some sustained success after following up some promising seasons with stinkers in recent history.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Corbin was dominant today. Our rotation is fantastic. If Corbin is 2nd half 2017 good we've got 4 top end starters and Walker isn't bad.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:Corbin was dominant today. Our rotation is fantastic. If Corbin is 2nd half 2017 good we've got 4 top end starters and Walker isn't bad.
These wins are great with Souza and Lamb now out, Goldy laying stinkers to start the year, Robbie Ray making an awful debut and we’re 5-1. Sign of a great unit as a whole

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

carey wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:And starting today, BEAT LA! I hate the Dodgers, with a passion.
Did you stay up last night? I crashed after the Dodgers went up 7-6 in the 15th. I was tired but I would have only needed to make it 30 more minutes.
Nope. Went to bed in the 7th. Woke up at 3am to use the restroom, saw the "Dbacks win in 15th off Mathis game winning hit" and watched on my YouTube TV the game I DVR'd! Love that it knows when something goes over the allotted time. I had a 6 hour recording waiting in the cloud. Watched that beautiful 9th inning rally with 2 outs and nobody on. Then the Bradley innings. And finally, that glorious 15th. LOVE THIS TEAM! Swept LA today.

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote: LOVE THIS TEAM! Swept LA today.
Corbin is starting the season on fire. We could be dangerous once Goldy & Grienke come around.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Dude, did you see the Marlins lost 20-1 today?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ouch. 20 to 1. Didn't they unload every ounce of talent on their roster and Jeter took a ton of flack?

carey

Post by carey »

AmareIsGod wrote:Ouch. 20 to 1. Didn't they unload every ounce of talent on their roster and Jeter took a ton of flack?
He still is taking it.

Did you see that Torey got kicked out and called Yadier Molina a motherfucker today?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Ouch. 20 to 1. Didn't they unload every ounce of talent on their roster and Jeter took a ton of flack?
He still is taking it.

Did you see that Torey got kicked out and called Yadier Molina a motherfucker today?
That was pretty funny. Out of line for a coach on the other team but as a fan of the Dbacks I loved it.

carey

Post by carey »

Archie Bradley is such a boss. It's a blessing to have a reliever like him you can put in high leverage situations similar to what Cleveland does with Andrew Miller.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Zack Godley is my new favorite DBack.

Country as an old tractor, and with "aw shucks" manners, the kid is a bulldog on the mound.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

carey

Post by carey »

LazarusLong wrote:Zack Godley is my new favorite DBack.

Country as an old tractor, and with "aw shucks" manners, the kid is a bulldog on the mound.
He was throwing some filthy stuff last night.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Rough loss last night. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Goldy is coming around, that's a relief. Robbie Ray really struggled again today.

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:Goldy is coming around, that's a relief. Robbie Ray really struggled again today.
Good thing the bullpen is still rockin' and rolling. Yoshi's splitter is as advertised. Bradley was his usual self. Boxberger has been pitching well too.

Also, my son had a 5 pitch 3-out inning today. He could be ready for the bullpen soon too. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nice!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Who would have thought with Souza and lamb hurt and Goldy, Ray, and greinke really struggling that we'd be 10-3 right now. I would have guessed 3-10, if we can get those guys going, we can be pretty dangerous