Suns News: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:

https://twitter.com/SunsSolarPanel/status/985870064309153792

My top 3 options

Kokoskov - $3
Doncic - $3
Capela - $4

Bud - $4
Ayton - $4
Tyreke - $2

Triano - $1
Ayton - $4
Kawhi -$5
Putting Jason Kidd at $2 is an insult to both Triano and the fans. You've got to give me an extra $10 to take Jason.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's a cute game, but I think I'm too greedy to play it. I want Bud, Doncic or Ayton, AND a great FA. No reason why we can't have all three. There is no particular limitation stopping us from doing so. Pretending we have a "$10" limit is artificially constraining the situation when we should be thinking big.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

My 10$: Bud, Ayton, Favors and I save 1$ to spend on a PG other than Payton. Alternatively, Bud, Doncic, Favors and 2$ saved.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Putting Jason Kidd at $2 is an insult to both Triano and the fans. You've got to give me an extra $10 to take Jason.

Ya I wondered that too. Fizdale and Clifford should be the options instead of Kidd. And triano should be free. Kidd can be -$1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:That's a cute game, but I think I'm too greedy to play it. I want Bud, Doncic or Ayton, AND a great FA. No reason why we can't have all three. There is no particular limitation stopping us from doing so. Pretending we have a "$10" limit is artificially constraining the situation when we should be thinking big.
I'm with you thinking the same thing. Why can't the Suns get more? Two top picks, Bud, a trade and free agent? That's what Ryan and his team have been working towards for 5 years or at least the last 3 years. They should have all the scenarios covered, all the back channels set up, the strategy created, the timing all lined up, and put this long game into motion. If he pulls something big off this summer, we might have to revisit this game. Hopefully we can start calling Ryan, "Danny Ocean" after the summer is over.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jason Kidd - receive $42; contract herpes

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:That's a cute game, but I think I'm too greedy to play it. I want Bud, Doncic or Ayton, AND a great FA. No reason why we can't have all three. There is no particular limitation stopping us from doing so. Pretending we have a "$10" limit is artificially constraining the situation when we should be thinking big.
I'm with you thinking the same thing. Why can't the Suns get more? Two top picks, Bud, a trade and free agent? That's what Ryan and his team have been working towards for 5 years or at least the last 3 years. They should have all the scenarios covered, all the back channels set up, the strategy created, the timing all lined up, and put this long game into motion. If he pulls something big off this summer, we might have to revisit this game. Hopefully we can start calling Ryan, "Danny Ocean" after the summer is over.
You can't be serious with these expectations, right?.

Assume we get the #1 pick. Now you are say MEM (or any other lotto team for that matter). What on our roster is going to make you want to send us this pick (other than Booker of course)? Jackson? No way; can't see anyone so in love with him. Jackson plus one or two legitimate picks? Warren plus said package? At what point the extra assets add tending to zero value?

Why would I give up Ayton/Doncic for that? Either puts me in an assumed better position going forward.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

They aren't talking about getting both Doncic and Ayton. They are just tlaking about getting a top rookie, a top coach, and a top free agent.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

O_Gardino wrote:They aren't talking about getting both Doncic and Ayton. They are just tlaking about getting a top rookie, a top coach, and a top free agent.
Allright, I can't read anymore. Won't delete the post in case In2's wants to bask in my disability.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
In2ition wrote:
You can't be serious with these expectations, right?.

Assume we get the #1 pick. Now you are say MEM (or any other lotto team for that matter). What on our roster is going to make you want to send us this pick (other than Booker of course)? Jackson? No way; can't see anyone so in love with him. Jackson plus one or two legitimate picks? Warren plus said package? At what point the extra assets add tending to zero value?

Why would I give up Ayton/Doncic for that? Either puts me in an assumed better position going forward.
It doesn't have to be the #2 pick, that's not what I intended. Of course it would be awfully nice to get Doncic too, but that's a bit unrealistic. I'm looking to move back up and get Young, who I hope drops in the eyes of the teams above the 16 pick.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:It doesn't have to be the #2 pick, that's not what I intended. Of course it would be awfully nice to get Doncic too, but that's a bit unrealistic. I'm looking to move back up and get Young, who I hope drops in the eyes of the teams above the 16 pick.
Got it. After the lotto we'll have a better picture. Imagine Magic pick #6 and Ayton-Doncic-Bagley-Porter- Jackson/Bamba are gone. They are a natural fit.

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

haha awesome

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:Image
Wanna know how many games he’s had where he's actually put up at least one of each stat?

14. Out of 77 played.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/11 - 4/17

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
Wanna know how many games he’s had where he's actually put up at least one of each stat?

14. Out of 77 played.
Urinator.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:

14. Out of 77 played.
Urinator.
Blocks are the tough one to come by. He only had 35 all season.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Cap wrote:
carey wrote:
Cap wrote:

14. Out of 77 played.
Urinator.
Haaa, that's Kool 8-)
No shame in that 14/77 stat because that is not an easy feat plus as with everything Josh, I'm curious how many of those were in the new year
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

12 in his last 38 games

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Cap wrote:
carey wrote:
Cap wrote:

14. Out of 77 played.
Urinator.
Haaa, that's Kool 8-)
No shame in that 14/77 stat because that is not an easy feat plus as with everything Josh, I'm curious how many of those were in the new year
I'm looking forward to this being an actual regular and consistent thing hopefully as soon as this next year.