2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by TOO »

I actually agree with SDC.

Uh oh.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:57 am
imagine the milos to ayton lobs!
I'd rather imagine Young to Ayton lobs. Milos isn't quite the shooter and is 20 years older.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

chriss for milos!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:57 pm
SDC wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:57 am
imagine the milos to ayton lobs!
I'd rather imagine Young to Ayton lobs. Milos isn't quite the shooter and is 20 years older.
But why do we have to choose? We can have both, and a couple of years splitting the load, would do wonders for the players and the team.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 am
Question for the board. If Ayton is our pick, is it worth keeping Chandler around for another year to mentor him?
Seeing the "mentoring" he did with Len, not sure if this is the best idea.

SDC

Post by SDC »

i wouldnt pair a chucker like trae and ayton. trae has his own agenda that was pretty obvious while playing at oklahoma. trae is going to ruin deandre.

milos now!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It would be stupid to give up any kind of decent asset to trade for a 31 year old point guard coming off an injury ridden rookie season in the last year of his contract.

The smart move would be to try to sign him next summer if the Suns really want him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:34 am
i wouldnt pair a chucker like trae and ayton. trae has his own agenda that was pretty obvious while playing at oklahoma. trae is going to ruin deandre.

milos now!
Yes, Milos can pass, but calling Trae a chucker is a clear sign you know very little about him. He did have the greenest of green lights. He also led the NCAA in assists with more than Lonzo had the year before.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 am
SDC wrote:

milos now!
Yes, Milos can pass, but calling Trae a chucker is a clear sign you know very little about him. He did have the greenest of green lights. He also led the NCAA in assists with more than Lonzo had the year before.
westbrook also led the nba in assists once.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:07 am
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
You're right, Westbrook did, but comparing Trae to Westbrook would be a mistake. Honestly, if you watched him play much, he is a mix of Steve Nash and Steph Curry and no where near a Westbrook type. Who wouldn't like that on your team?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
This x 100. Trae is an unselfish player. He is a better passer than shooter.

SDC

Post by SDC »

trae has the ball in his hands all the time! thats how he leads in assists.

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 am
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
You're right, Westbrook did, but comparing Trae to Westbrook would be a mistake. Honestly, if you watched him play much, he is a mix of Steve Nash and Steph Curry and no where near a Westbrook type. Who wouldn't like that on your team?
he is high usage rate with poor shot selection. more wrstbrook than nash.

Split T

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 am
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
That's more out of necessity than actual style. I'm not a huge Trae fan, but his lack of good teammates forced him to play differently than he's going to in the NBA.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
And practically the size of Tyler Ulis. Why does McDonough like drafting runts for a PG?

He's going to have issues getting pushed around in the nba and I see no elite athleticism nor elite ball handling to help him. I'm not really interested in Trae Young.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:55 am
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
And practically the size of Tyler Ulis. Why does McDonough like drafting runts for a PG?

He's going to have issues getting pushed around in the nba and I see no elite athleticism nor elite ball handling to help him. I'm not really interested in Trae Young.
He's an inch shorter than Nash or Curry. I'd hardly call him the size of Ulis.

He doesn't need elite athleticism. Did Nash or Curry have it? He does have elite ball handling. Not being interested in him is your prerogative, but it's short-sighted in my view.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:50 am
SDC wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 am
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:

That's more out of necessity than actual style. I'm not a huge Trae fan, but his lack of good teammates forced him to play differently than he's going to in the NBA.
you think steph had better teammates at davidson?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:

milos now!
Good point.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
If only it were that simple. If Young can't defend, can't limit his turnovers, and is a low percentage shooter at the NBA level, then it becomes very easy to not "like that on your team."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 am

He's an inch shorter than Nash or Curry. I'd hardly call him the size of Ulis.

He doesn't need elite athleticism. Did Nash or Curry have it? He does have elite ball handling. Not being interested in him is your prerogative, but it's short-sighted in my view.
In2 is right on these points. Young's athleticism and ball-handling are non-issues.