Summer League 2018

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Summer League 2018

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1006630142435737600

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Re: Summer League 2018

Post by carey »

Friday, July 6 Dallas Thomas & Mack Center 6:30 p.m. ESPN

Saturday, July 7 Sacramento Thomas & Mack Center 4:30 p.m. ESPN

Monday, July 9 Orlando Thomas & Mack Center 6:30 p.m. NBA TV
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Awesome. I was thinking about going to see Ayton :) but now I'm not so sure since they're all being televised and I could watch from the comfort of my home.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd like to see Bender and Chriss play, but I hope JJ sits it out.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I’d like to see Ulis play, but he’s going to be busy teaming up with Wasp to save the world.

That’s major. You can’t forget that.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Those dates gonna be here in no time
What a crazy 3weeks lie ahead with the Draft then guaranteed to have folks probably going bat shit crazy sigh lol about what they were hoping or felt should have happened to maybe some overreactions in the first weekend of SL :shock:
Brace yourselves and hope we're mostly left smiling
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am
I would love to see JJ play. I would challenge him to get a layup or an assist on every possession. No jump shots, except for catch and shoot situations where he is open. Establish in his mind that he can get what he wants on the basketball court if he is patient and creative.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 am
Those dates gonna be here in no time
What a crazy 3weeks lie ahead with the Draft then guaranteed to have folks probably going bat s*** crazy sigh lol about what they were hoping or felt should have happened to maybe some overreactions in the first weekend of SL :shock:
Brace yourselves and hope we're mostly left smiling
:lol: Make sure your loved ones know how much you care, because this could be aneurysm season for Suns fans.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I would love to see Doncic, Ulis, Reed, Jackson, Chriss, Bender, Porter Jr, Peters and Mitchell all out there competing for the Summer Suns. Every one of them has something to prove after last summer and last year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am
I’d like to see Ulis play, but he’s going to be busy teaming up with Wasp to save the world.

:lol:

If he only had a switch...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 am

ROFL.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am
I would love to see JJ play. I would challenge him to get a layup or an assist on every possession. No jump shots, except for catch and shoot situations where he is open. Establish in his mind that he can get what he wants on the basketball court if he is patient and creative.
We have a new coaching staff with a focus on player development so JJ needs to play summer league. I’m a believer in that it’s an important place to build some team chemistry. Also JJ still has many areas for improvement like shooting so why not let him continue to work through them and learn our new systems during summer league. Didn’t we all laugh/cry last year when there was that article about how the guys looked great in practice against each other but then crapped themselves in games. Need to put what they did all summer into pracrise against competition even if it’s summer league.

Also if someone has been loafing around all summer, I hope a coach calls them out unlike last year. Chriss turned up as a big fat fuck and the assistant coach who was running our summer league team didn’t mentioned it all. Boo!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I just don't want him to pick up an injury. He's too important to lose for any of the regular season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm
I think Jackson himself said he'd be at summer league. Didn't know how many games he'd play, but he'll be there.
Maybe like Booker last year. He really wanted to play, but they only let him play a couple of games.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Maybe like Booker last year. He really wanted to play, but they only let him play a couple of games.
Wasn't that 2 yrs ago?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:20 am
Cap wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Wasn't that 2 yrs ago?
Yep, he was there just for moral support last year. I was there.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'd want JJ to play. He's still very young and needs the reps. He'd probably dominate, but if so, good, let him dominate for a few games and pull him out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JJ didn't set the world on fire in last year's summer league, nor did he look like a top 4 pick most of the season. He needs this to show off the improvement he's made from last summer and the end of the season. Let's hope he feels that way too, unlike Chriss who felt he'd already arrived and summer league was below him.
Last edited by In2ition on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm
JJ didn't set the world in last year's summer league, nor did he look like a top 4 pick most of the season. He needs this to show off the improvement he's made from last summer and the end of the season. Let's hope he feels that way too, unlike Chriss who felt he'd already arrived and summer league was below him.
Chriss was so freaking bad last summer league. Whatever he did (or ate) in the 3 months between our season ending and Summer league starting set his career back by 2 years. I feel like by the end of this season he still wasn’t back to where he was and the end of his rookie campaign.