Site issues/upgrades - Now with a longer title as asked for by Cap for debugging purposes

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Site issues/upgrades - Now with a longer title as asked for by Cap for debugging purposes

Post by Mori Chu »

Hermen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 pm
Looking snazzy! My one complaint is the advanced search button being a couple of pixels bigger than the search button. It pokes my eyes a bit :)
Hmm, on my screen those buttons are the same size. Can you try a full refresh (Shift-Ctrl-R or Shift-Command-R)? What operating system and what web browser do you use?

Mori Chu

Re: Site issues/upgrades - Now with a longer title as asked for by Cap for debugging purposes

Post by Mori Chu »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm
The Ads are very low key, I have no problem with it, and also click it now and then, I think that is extra value, Am I right?
Thanks a lot!! Yes, clicks on ads do bring money to the site. The ads pay me a small amount of money for "impressions" (when people see them without clicking on them), and also for actual clicks. The $$$ rate for clicks is MUCH higher than for impressions. I think a single click sends like $1-2 to the site. The impressions, I think it requires 1000-2000 impressions to equal $1. But I don't know the exact numbers.

It's against Google AdSense terms for site owners to explicitly ask/beg users to click on ads, or to offer them incentives for clicking on ads. But it certainly does help and is nice of you to do that. Thanks again.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Test message; ignore this.

TWEET BARE:

TWEET AS URL: https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1006630142435737600

TWEET WITH TWEET TAG:

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1006630142435737600

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:38 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 pm
Colors look great, but can we get the avi on the left side? :D
How's that? I think the avis should be on the left now. If it looks weird, full refresh your browser (Shift-Ctrl-R).
Thumbs up.
Double thumbs up! Thanks for all your work on the site, Marty!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I appreciate the large, easy to click icons on the left to get to unread content.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 pm
I appreciate the large, easy to click icons on the left to get to unread content.
Same here. My fat fingers thank you too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 pm
Hermen wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 pm
Looking snazzy! My one complaint is the advanced search button being a couple of pixels bigger than the search button. It pokes my eyes a bit :)
Hmm, on my screen those buttons are the same size. Can you try a full refresh (Shift-Ctrl-R or Shift-Command-R)? What operating system and what web browser do you use?
I tried firefox and qutebrowser (uses chromium) on ubuntu and the buttons are not the same size. I tried on my android phone and they are fine, so apparently ubuntu (or just my own system) related.

When I reload the site the buttons have the same size until the icons on them appear, if that helps. It's not a big deal anyway, no need to spend time on it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Thanks for all the hard work, Marty!

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 pm
Thanks for all the hard work, Marty!
+1

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hey, Marty. Good job getting everything up and running again with the updated software. Thanks!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:03 pm
Hey, Marty. Good job getting everything up and running again with the updated software. Thanks!
Thanks, dude. I know the site isn't perfect (I can't figure out the tweet issue that carey asked about), but I really enjoy hosting the conversations here. Glad we were able to get the site upgraded a bit to give it a bit of new features and polish.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:52 am
Superbone wrote:
Thanks, dude. I know the site isn't perfect (I can't figure out the tweet issue that carey asked about), but I really enjoy hosting the conversations here. Glad we were able to get the site upgraded a bit to give it a bit of new features and polish.
That's alright. I'm getting annoyed with Tapatalk lately anyway. Thanks for trying. Have you reinstalled the grey theme yet?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
That's alright. I'm getting annoyed with Tapatalk lately anyway. Thanks for trying. Have you reinstalled the grey theme yet?
Why do you hate purple and orange so much? :P

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
I'd be happy to install a second theme. Do you want to pick out one you like, carey? Go to this page and find one that says "3.2" under it (so that it'll be compatible with this version of the message board software) and let me know its name, and I'll do the rest.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:07 am
carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Why do you hate purple and orange so much? :P
:lol: :lol:
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am
I'd be happy to install a second theme. Do you want to pick out one you like, carey? Go to this page and find one that says "3.2" under it (so that it'll be compatible with this version of the message board software) and let me know its name, and I'll do the rest.

What about a dark one like this one? https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/pycode/

Does it cost money?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:23 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am

What about a dark one like this one? https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/pycode/

Does it cost money?
I actually prefer darker ones too. All of the white here is too bright, especially when I am viewing on my mac book at home.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm
I actually prefer darker ones too. All of the white here is too bright, especially when I am viewing on my mac book at home.
Interesting. That's primarily how I view the site. On my macbook at home and I have the same issue even though I can adjust the brightness on my screen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:59 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:30 pm
Interesting. That's primarily how I view the site. On my macbook at home and I have the same issue even though I can adjust the brightness on my screen.
About a quarter of the time I am viewing at work, under fluorescent lights in my office. There, white is fine. But any other time, it is usually at night and darker, so white backgrounds and screens are too much. Same with twitter for me, where I exclusively use night mode where ever/when ever it is.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 pm

About a quarter of the time I am viewing at work, under fluorescent lights in my office. There, white is fine. But any other time, it is usually at night and darker, so white backgrounds and screens are too much. Same with twitter for me, where I exclusively use night mode where ever/when ever it is.
Yeah, same.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!