DOJ Inspector General's Report

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
JJ Slim

DOJ Inspector General's Report

Post by JJ Slim »

I've been catching up on the Suns draft discussions and ventured in here to see what all you were talking about. I haven't seen anything here about the Inspector General's report that has been in progress for over a year and is to be released tomorrow. Do you know what might be exposed in this? Supposedly this covers a wide range of issues.

JJ Slim

Re: DOJ Inspector General's Report

Post by JJ Slim »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The report says that the FBI did not demonstrate bias or inappropriate action as an agency. It sounds like Comey comes out of the IG report looking the worst. He had a personal email; he acted irresponsibly in discussing Clinton email investigations right before the election. If anything this helped Trump.

There are some text messages between two agents about "we'll stop him" referring to Trump, which is a bad look. Those agents should be reprimanded and/or fired. The report addresses this and says that there is no evidence that the agents took any action based on their harsh words about Trump. I think getting fired up about that quote would be an exaggeration.

I do think that Trump and the GOP / Fox News crowd will try to use this report as a point of attack to discredit the FBI, James Comey, Mueller, and others who they perceive as enemies.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Of course they will. The US government and the media are the enemy of the people and Trump is just the guy to drain the swamp and rid the country of the free press and all US agencies and make aamerica great.