NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2018

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2018

Post by carey »

Can't believe Trier and Rawle are both still available. Both worth a look this late in the draft.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Who is George King?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Rawle was dumb for leaving.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Can't believe Trier and Rawle are both still available. Both worth a look this late in the draft.
Maybe sign them up for the summer suns?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

George King? I've got to admit that I've never heard of him.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Of course Antetokounmpo to end it.
"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Solid draft. Not perfect but solid. I am not as high on Bridges as some. A lot are. So that's OK. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do. I hope has not pissed we are taking him away from his mom. That's the kind of dick move the Suns pull.

Not a real big fan of the scouting report on Okobo. Has a PG who's not really a PG. Cool.

Ulis is gone. Harrison is gone. Williams and Len are gone. Reed gone. Can't go into next season with all that youth.

I'm happy with the draft and am curious what other off-season moves are to be made

B+
Last edited by djy2j on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 pm
George King? I've got to admit that I've never heard of him.
And you never will again after the Summer league
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm
Of course Antetokounmpo to end it.
I was on the verge of posting that I was surprised he wasn't taken. The Suns should have done it because he has more of a chance than George King. Plus he could've helped the Suns lure his brother out of Milwaukee. ;)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 pm
Solid draft. Not perfect but solid. I am not as high on Bridges as some. A lot are. So that's OK. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do. I hope has not pissed we are taking him away from his mom. That's the kind of dick move the Suns pull.

Not a real big fan of the scouting report on Okobo. Has a PG who's not really a PG. Cool.

Ulis is gone. Harrison is gone. Williams and Len are gone. Can't go into next season with all that youth.

I'm happy with the draft and am curious what other off-season moves are to be made

B+
Okobo has played SG until this last year where they've made him a PG. He's still learning, but I think he's very promising. At the least, he's a dangerous shooter who can spot up and pull up off the dribble. He's got decent size and can attack the basket. He's got some pg skills.. How they develop will determine if he can be a starting PG or a scoring combo guard off the bench.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

djy2j wrote:
What??? Why the Suns the dicks? Philly the ones who traded him. Suns supposed to say no because Mikal might be sad after?

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/AZDesertSwarm/status/1010015294104858625

Trier to Knicks as UDFA.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Gotta say it was fun reading through all the panic and angst after the draft knowing how wrong you all were.

I LOVE Mikal Bridges. He’s this generation’s Dan Majerle. Built his game on defense and dunking then added the shot. He’s an intense competitor and great team mate. He’s going to be good on day 1, and will create space for Ayton, Booker, and Jackson to attack the basket. Love him. You can’t have too many guys who shoot, defend, dunk, and play with so much competitive emotion. He’s going to rub off on other players, and you might even see Bender or Chriss hustle a bit. Alright, I’m getting carried away.

That Miami pick stings, but we have to start winning or nothing has value.

I was pleased with Okobo, but only because I know a bunch of you like him. I don’t know anything about him except what I read here, so I have some homework to do.

I was surprised that we passed on khyri Thomas. Some folks here were considering him at 16, and he seems to add the shooting and defense we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1010015602985951232

Okobo definitely coming over. McDonough did what he said he wouldn't: commit to 3 rookies coming over next year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:25 pm

I was pleased with Okobo, but only because I know a bunch of you like him. I don’t know anything about him except what I read here, so I have some homework to do.
Did you watch that video I posted, Chris? Let me know what you think.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Crazy how far Trevon Duval fell in the span of a year. He was a projected top 10 pick before the season. Undrafted tonight.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm
djy2j wrote:

Ulis is gone. Harrison is gone. Williams and Len are gone. Can't go into next season with all that youth.

B+
Okobo has played SG until this last year where they've made him a PG. He's still learning, but I think he's very promising. At the least, he's a dangerous shooter who can spot up and pull up off the dribble. He's got decent size and can attack the basket. He's got some pg skills.. How they develop will determine if he can be a starting PG or a scoring combo guard off the bench.
Our first three picks are all good shooters. Definitely was a need on this team.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:32 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:18 pm
djy2j wrote:

B+
Our first three picks are all good shooters. Definitely was a need on this team.
I recall James Jones fielding a question about what we were looking for this off-season and he said shooting. I think he was specifically talking about free agency, but we obviously put a premium on it in the draft. Even George King is known for shooting, although I can't imagine him being anything other than a 2-way contract guy

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 pm

https://twitter.com/KellanOlson/status/1010015602985951232

Okobo definitely coming over. McDonough did what he said he wouldn't: commit to 3 rookies coming over next year.
INF is gonna faint.