NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2018

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2018

Post by Nodack »

I see a little Westbrook in him from the video too. Not afraid of the paint.

Split T

Post by Split T »

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_ ... pects-pick

Who's ready for the 2019 draft? Haha, I'm hoping this draft isn't nearly as big of a deal to us as these past ones. Early look has it being very wing heavy...not a lot of C and PG

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm
I think Sexxxton has a chance to be a pretty good role player but with Lebron most likely leaving, why swing for the fences and go MPJ??
Sorry for replying to old stuff for last night but from what I hear LeBron is either staying or going to the Lakers and it's 50/50 at this point.
I think he’s totally gone but maybe I’m just getting caught up in the deafening stupid hype for LAbron that I’m brainwashed into believing that LeBron is a goner.

If you had to put money down what do you think happens? Does he stay or does he go? And where?

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45 am
If you had to put money down what do you think happens? Does he stay or does he go? And where?
Hard to say, Wally. I think it's possible he stays but it does feel unlikely, doesn't it? Another thing I hear - from Doris Burke I think - is that LeBron wants to transition away from primary ball handler as he ages. It's possible that tips the scales in L.A.'s favor.

If you were LeBron could you run it back with a team that just got swept in the finals in a somewhat humiliating fashion? Not sure I'd ever want to step foot on the court with J.R. Smith ever again.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I heard that Lebron has been meeting with schools in LA to learn where he could put his kids in school. It sounds like he's pretty serious about going there.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am
I heard that Lebron has been meeting with schools in LA to learn where he could put his kids in school. It sounds like he's pretty serious about going there.
They said the same about Philly. We'll see. And if he does go there, what other moves they can pull.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Even when the Lakers are shit, stars wanna go there. Crazy.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1010968472019402752

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Who's ready for the 2019 draft? Haha, I'm hoping this draft isn't nearly as big of a deal to us as these past ones. Early look has it being very wing heavy...not a lot of C and PG
Love me some RJ Barrett.

It’s also not out of the realm of possibility that we have another top 3 pick. We’re not a playoff team as currently constructed and the odds are flattening a bit this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:21 pm
Split T wrote:

Love me some RJ Barrett.

It’s also not out of the realm of possibility that we have another top 3 pick. We’re not a playoff team as currently constructed and the odds are flattening a bit this year.
And they're drawing for 4 picks... Free agency will change things, but my early guess is we finish late lottery (10-14) although the West could be really strong this year.

Golden State, Houston, Utah, Minnesota, and Denver should all be essentially the same or better than last year.

Portland is a little more of a wildcard because I could see them breaking up their backcourt, but as more of a lateral move, so they should still be a playoff team.

New Orleans should be good. What happens with cousins will be interesting.

OKC and San Antonio might take a little tumble if they lose PG-13 and Kawhi, but should still be borderline playoff squads.

I think the clippers will be decent.. Might give a lot of minutes to young guards though.

Lakers are a huge wildcard depending on what they do in free agency.

Dallas and Sacramento will both try to win as they don't even have their own picks, and Memphis will also try to win.

Honestly might have 0 teams in the west tanking this year... Could be a bit of a bloodbath.

Cap

Post by Cap »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:25 pm

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1010968472019402752

We did the same thing with Ulis.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:

Love me some RJ Barrett.

And they're drawing for 4 picks... Free agency will change things, but my early guess is we finish late lottery (10-14) although the West could be really strong this year.

Golden State, Houston, Utah, Minnesota, and Denver should all be essentially the same or better than last year.

Portland is a little more of a wildcard because I could see them breaking up their backcourt, but as more of a lateral move, so they should still be a playoff team.

OKC and San Antonio might take a little tumble if they lose PG-13 and Kawhi, but should still be borderline playoff squads.

I think the clippers will be decent.. Might give a lot of minutes to young guards though.

Dallas and Sacramento will both try to win as they don't even have their own picks, and Memphis will also try to win.

Honestly might have 0 teams in the west tanking this year... Could be a bit of a bloodbath.
At the very least, outright tanking won’t happen 4 games in, like it did last season. I mean, the Suns put tanking on the table almost immediately after starting the season.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:06 pm
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:

Love me some RJ Barrett.

At the very least, outright tanking won’t happen 4 games in, like it did last season. I mean, the Suns put tanking on the table almost immediately after starting the season.
Firing Watson and benching Bledsoe wasn't tanking. We got better after those moves.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 pm
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Split T wrote:

Love me some RJ Barrett.

Firing Watson and benching Bledsoe wasn't tanking. We got better after those moves.
Yep, we went on our best run of the year after that.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:36 pm
jonh wrote:
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Love me some RJ Barrett.

Yep, we went on our best run of the year after that.
4-1! W00t!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

There's a difference between tanking and just being awful.

The Suns couldn't have won much more than 30 games under any circumstances last year.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:05 pm

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1009965022200680448

Gobert just won DPOY. Take that Embiid!
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Ayton- B+ (I had Donic over him, but this isn't a collosial mistake or anything, I think he'll produce like a top pick)

Bridges trade D (Watched the draft with a die hard 76ers fan and a guy who religiously follows the draft process...he was so pissed when they took bridges, He wanted Zharie at 10 tbh, ecstatic when the trade went down. Look it's not a knock on Bridges, but don't like the price we paid. I hope he proves me wrong in the years to come)

Okabo- B (Like what I have read and seen so far...admittedly don't know a ton about him).

A guy I reallyed like and thought wwas underratted through the process was Miles Bridges.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”