Separating immigrant/refugee children from parents

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Indy

Re: Separating immigrant/refugee children from parents

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:34 pm
“Everybody’s just gotta keep fucking everybody until we’re all the same color.” — Bulworth
I know we would just find something else to be racist about, but it would really be a great thing for our planet.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think it’s a forgone conclusion. World wide travel has opened up a lot of people to a lot of people. We are all mixing. I’m sure we will find other reasons to hate each other if that happens.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm
Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:34 pm
“Everybody’s just gotta keep f*** everybody until we’re all the same color.” — Bulworth
I know we would just find something else to be racist about, but it would really be a great thing for our planet.
[youtube][/youtube]

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I increasingly worry that all of this will turn violent. That restaurant denies service to Sarah Sanders; Maxine Waters calls for public shaming and protest of Trump admin officials; Trump tweets back that she should be careful advocating for violence because she might just get it; etc. I feel like there's going to be riots before this is all said and done. What a horrible and divisive time this is.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:30 pm
I increasingly worry that all of this will turn violent. That restaurant denies service to Sarah Sanders; Maxine Waters calls for public shaming and protest of Trump admin officials; Trump tweets back that she should be careful advocating for violence because she might just get it; etc. I feel like there's going to be riots before this is all said and done. What a horrible and divisive time this is.
There will likely be riots on both sides. I don't see us recovering without it. I am still blown away by the people supporting this puppet and his handlers.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

https://bluestatedaily.com/right-wing-c ... e-red-hen/

http://addictinginfo.com/2018/06/25/vio ... h-sanders/

News
Violent Trump Supporter Calls C-Span, Suggests Arson For Restaurant That Banned Sarah Sanders
By Shannon Barber on June 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am honestly starting to lose hope. Trump and his party have captured the all three of the Executive, Legislative, and soon (with SCOTUS Justice Kennedy's retirement) Judicial branches of government. They literally control the entire federal government now. And they are acting in non-democratic ways that threaten the country. Beyond this they are appointing federal judges at a record rate, 12 in Trump's first year alone, packing courts full of sympathetic supporters. They are torturing immigrants, putting children in cages. They support open racism and white supremacy. They do all of this with no hesitation, no shame, no regard for their fellow man.

I honestly think this may be the end of American democracy as we know it. I literally think I want to start looking for jobs in Canada. My wife does not want to move out of the country, but I really think there may be no way of turning back from this. Even if Trump doesn't win re-election in 2020, these effects of him and his party will last for decades.

I am scared.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:31 am
I am honestly starting to lose hope. Trump and his party have captured the all three of the Executive, Legislative, and soon (with SCOTUS Justice Kennedy's retirement) Judicial branches of government. They literally control the entire federal government now. And they are acting in non-democratic ways that threaten the country. Beyond this they are appointing federal judges at a record rate, 12 in Trump's first year alone, packing courts full of sympathetic supporters. They are torturing immigrants, putting children in cages. They support open racism and white supremacy. They do all of this with no hesitation, no shame, no regard for their fellow man.

I honestly think this may be the end of American democracy as we know it. I literally think I want to start looking for jobs in Canada. My wife does not want to move out of the country, but I really think there may be no way of turning back from this. Even if Trump doesn't win re-election in 2020, these effects of him and his party will last for decades.

I am scared.
Since we still don't have a "like" button or an "I agree" button, I will just say, yeah.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

I am scared.
How will your life be better in Canada?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

At least make it to the next president before totally losing hope. Only 2 and a half loooooonnnnng years to go. :(
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:15 am
At least make it to the next president before totally losing hope. Only 2 and a half loooooonnnnng years to go. :(
But SC Justices are like 30 years on average.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

I am scared.
A racist and a racist party don't control all branches of the government.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:21 am
Superbone wrote:
Welp, let us know how you like Canada.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:28 am
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I love Canada. Who doesn't?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 am
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I only know of one person and he happens to be the "leader" of the free world.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Sheila Broslovski?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:18 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:22 pm
Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:

Sheila Broslovski?
I was gonna say I didn't know Angela hated Canada, or that she was a man.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 am
I am not certain that it will be. But I fear the encroachment of fascism and authoritarianism. I fear that this very thread could be used to throw me in jail someday, or that people whose skin is the wrong color will be killed or jailed, or that wars will be started. I don't want to live in a right-wing authoritarian state. I really think that is where we are headed unless something happens to stop it.

I will vote the heck out of the 2018 and 2020 elections, but we may be reaching a point where voting cannot stop it. Gerrymandering has essentially been green-lit by SCOTUS in three recently decided cases; many estimates show a 7% Republican advantage, where the Democrats would need to win 53.5% to 46.5% to actually win elections. And Russian/foreign interference in our elections is being completely ignored and encouraged by those in power. How free and fair will our future elections be?

The Supreme Court will not be a check on the executive branch, nor will the Congress. The media is being shot and killed and harassed and attacked; freedom of the press is decaying before our eyes. The police are increasingly militarized and using violence to silence dissent and keep "order," particularly against black and brown people. I am very afraid.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hear you mori. I am sick of looking at the news everyday and seeing Trumps smug face and another story about Trump doing something unethical and stupid that pleases his base and nobody else. America now reminds me of 1938 Nazi Germany when Hitler was just getting going. I have actually thought about moving out of the country myself a few times because of the effects of the narcissistic serial lying racist sexual predator ego maniac draft dodging traitor con man. Then I think, that would make Trump and his supporters happy. It’s just as much our country as theirs. Stand up and be heard. Trump won because people were too lazy to vote. Now they have seen what their lazyness has brought upon them.

Here is a stat that should give you some comfort. From what I understand, there have been fifty elections around the country since Trump was elected. 5 won by Republicans and 45 won by Democrats. 90%.

It’s a great time to be a Trump supporter and a bad time to be anybody else. Like I have said many times here. Politics are a big pendulum that ALWAYS swings back and forth. It swung Heavily Democrats way with Obama and it swung back the other way heavily with Trump. It will swing back again like it ALWAYS does.

What I fear most is the division in the country. Most Presidents try hard to keep that to a minimum, especially after they won their election and want the support of the entire country again. Not Trump. He has gone 100% in on division and rhetoric amping up the divisiveness even more. Most Presidents protect American institutions. Trump is trying real hard to erode trust in our American institutions.

Even after Trump is gone, the damage has been done and it will be a LONG time before anybody trusts the US or it’s institutions again.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

The blindness, ignorance and stupidity on display is mind boggling. Projection much? The Hitler stuff crosses the line; the thought control and violent, harassing, nazi-like responses to any and all that disagree are ALL FROM THE LEFT. You throw around baseless accusations and insults and labels all you want but that doesn't make it true - only that the fake news media propaganda has worked entirely. Have fun with your orwellian nightmare and communist future, i'm sure you will all feel so good and virtuous about yourselves right up until its too late.

I don't even care if I get deleted. I never want the temptation to post in a place this ignorant, hateful and propaganda driven again in my life. Ignorant assholes.