Florida school shooting

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
In2ition

Re: Florida school shooting

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 pm
Stop what you're doing and watch this clip right now. It's from Sacha Baron Cohen's new Showtime TV show, "Who Is America."

https://twitter.com/twpolk/status/1018372408074522624

This seems really dumb. Are we sure this wasn't comedy and then edited to make it look like they really support this? Damn, I seriously can't trust anything nowadays.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In exactly what context would these guys saying these things be okay? The senators / congressmen are not denying that they said these words nor that they said them with seriousness. They admit to being "duped" because Cohen claimed to be giving them an award, but otherwise they have owned the comments and been embarrassed by them.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is crazy to me that your takeaway is "I can't trust what I see" instead of taking it for what it is--people protecting their income stream, regardless of the consequences to others.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's an extended piece. Sickening.

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Teach 2 year olds how to use mortars? Geesh.

He totally suckered them and they bit hard.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:35 am
Teach 2 year olds how to use mortars? Geesh.

He totally suckered them and they bit hard.
Why wait until 2 yrs old? I'm sure a kid just learning to walk could set up claymore mines.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha. Kingman, AZ got trolled by Cohen:

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They sure did. Ouch!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That clip is pretty brutal. "I *am* racist, against Muslims!" "We don't need them here. We already have blacks here, and we 'tolerate' them!" etc. I also like how they wouldn't want a mosque in their town even if it brought in over $380 million to their city, LMAO. That is such a gigantic amuont of money to turn away just because of discrimination.

Cohen's show is a bit uneven, but he does a great job exposing how stupid some of these people are. He got that one Georgian state congressman to resign after shouting the "N word" and exposing his bare butt.