Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
bajanguy008

Re: Phx-Suns.net Vet League is up and running

Post by bajanguy008 »

First time playing in a 14team league and I'm happy making the Playoffs Bracket cause it sure was competitive n challenging with the move limit :)

Hope y'all play again next yr. 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:That was fun. I think I'll play again next year if you guys want some revenge.
Just peeped back there
So you're RESIST ! 8-)

Congrats man, you basically went wire to wire.
Not entirely. I started out slow because of the whole fiasco with Bledsoe and the Suns. I also relied heavily on young guys who took a while to find their legs (Simmons, Kuzma, DSJ).

Thanks for the congrats. I'll probably get pounded next year when my best players get injured.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:That was fun. I think I'll play again next year if you guys want some revenge.
Just peeped back there
So you're RESIST ! 8-)

Not entirely. I started out slow because of the whole fiasco with Bledsoe and the Suns. I also relied heavily on young guys who took a while to find their legs (Simmons, Kuzma, DSJ).

Thanks for the congrats. I'll probably get pounded next year when my best players get injured.
Nice win, you basically slaughtered me in the finals. Tale of two seasons, I started off on fire and then barely held on and you smoked everyone the second half of the year.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Just peeped back there
So you're RESIST ! 8-)

I hope none of the your best players next year play for the Suns.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

BigLewy wrote:Nice win, you basically slaughtered me in the finals. Tale of two seasons, I started off on fire and then barely held on and you smoked everyone the second half of the year.
It would've been a lot closer had Kevin Love not disappeared for you that week.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

A little late but congrats Flagrant! I never really pay attention once I'm out but had fun this year. Too many injuries all around, which made it tough to keep up. Only suggestion I'd make is having 8 teams in the playoffs with a 14 team league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:A little late but congrats Flagrant! I never really pay attention once I'm out but had fun this year. Too many injuries all around, which made it tough to keep up. Only suggestion I'd make is having 8 teams in the playoffs with a 14 team league.
I'm fine with that and if it is an option, we'll do it next year.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yahoo just activated their fantasy basketball stuff. Any chance we can schedule the draft for the evening/night on October 12th or 13th? Opening night is the 16th.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Let's please do an auction this year. Snake draft is for kids.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:42 am
I'll join one with you, but good luck getting some of these stubborn old timers to get on board.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:55 pm
Yahoo just activated their fantasy basketball stuff. Any chance we can schedule the draft for the evening/night on October 12th or 13th? Opening night is the 16th.
Works for me.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 am
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:42 am
I'll join one with you, but good luck getting some of these stubborn old timers to get on board.
I'll go with whatever the majority wants.
"Be Legendary."

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Either day seems fine to me (Fridays and Saturdays in general). I'm not against an auction draft, never tried it before though, all I heard about it is that it takes forever :)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Consider having two leagues, one snake and one auction.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I should be good for those dates. Auction is cool but prefer snake.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Nothing is more “fair” as a drafting method than auction. It’s also much more fun and keeps you engaged the entire draft. Having the 16th pick in a 16 person league is brutal.

If people haven’t ever participated in an auction they can do mock auctions on any of the sites to get a good feel for it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:38 pm
If people haven’t ever participated in an auction they can do mock auctions on any of the sites to get a good feel for it.
I've never done an auction but always wanted to give it a shot. I think the most challenging thing for people is staying engaged throughout the season, and FA acquisition in an auction league is different than what most of us are used to.

I can't find the auction mock drafts on Yahoo. Can you recommend a site to try it out?

Edit: I'm a moron and found the mock drafts on Yahoo.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:57 pm
Shabazz wrote:
I've never done an auction but always wanted to give it a shot. I think the most challenging thing for people is staying engaged throughout the season, and FA acquisition in an auction league is different than what most of us are used to.

I can't find the auction mock drafts on Yahoo. Can you recommend a site to try it out?

Edit: I'm a moron and found the mock drafts on Yahoo.
Doing an auction draft doesn’t have to impact the waiver/pickup rules. You can have an free agent budget, too or you can just do straight waivers like we do in our league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz wrote:
Nothing is more “fair” as a drafting method than auction. It’s also much more fun and keeps you engaged the entire draft. Having the 16th pick in a 16 person league is brutal.

It's tough but on a snake you have 16 and 17 together. If you have the 1st pick, you get a great player but then have to wait until...32 and 33 for you next picks.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think an auction draft is fairer than a snake one, but a problem we'll have is people who miss the draft. It happens every year and I don't really know how that would affect the auction.