Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mike McCoy needs to change his play calling or he needs to go. There's no way this roster on offense should be so inept.

What a horrific start to the season. Didn't expect this.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Re: Cardinals

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 am
Mike McCoy needs to change his play calling or he needs to go. There's no way this roster on offense should be so inept.

What a horrific start to the season. Didn't expect this.
Yeah, this is the worst I've see a Cards team probably ever and we've had some really sh!++y teams in the '90s.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not sure how anyone could've expected this team to be good. An unproven coach with a below replacement level QB will never sniff anything close to .500.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They had a really good coach last year, but Sam Bradford should have been an upgrade over Stanton and gabbert. I thought that, plus adding David Johnson, who was a legitimate MVP candidate, would keep us decent. Clearly I was wrong.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 pm
Sam Bradford should have been an upgrade over Stanton and gabbert.
That's a very, very low bar.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm
I'm not sure how anyone could've expected this team to be good. An unproven coach with a below replacement level QB will never sniff anything close to .500.
Other than health problems, it's arguable to say Bradford is a below replacement level QB. And health hasn't been the factor this season.

People forget that Bradford threw for nearly 3,900 yards with 71% completions, 20 TDs and 5 INTs in 2016.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 pm
Sam Bradford should have been an upgrade over Stanton and gabbert.
That's a very, very low bar.
That's kinda my point...we managed to go 8-8 with Stanton and gabbert last year.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Watched some film / highlights. Painful. I think Bradford looks skittish in the pocket. He backpedals very quickly 8 to 10 yards straight back before a quick check down pass near that is usually caught near the line of scrimmage, even thought its a 10 yard pass.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF.

I have never seen a group of coaches so lost. Completely square game plans, no creativity, zero confidence. Just the opposite of Arians. Man they have lost two games now solely on conservative ass coaching. Man that was awful. Rosen is the real deal and he can’t get any help out there. Just some of the worst game managing Ive seen in a long time. Grow a pair of balls. Jesus. We’re gonna have to put up with a few years of this shit? God I hope the Bidwills don’t put up with this shit just because they already paid these idiots. Should really have known better than to hire Mike McCoy’s conservative ass. There’s a reason Denver got rid of him mid season and improved.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:44 pm
FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF.

I have never seen a group of coaches so lost. Completely square game plans, no creativity, zero confidence. Just the opposite of Arians. Man they have lost two games now solely on conservative ass coaching. Man that was awful. Rosen is the real deal and he can’t get any help out there. Just some of the worst game managing Ive seen in a long time. Grow a pair of balls. Jesus. We’re gonna have to put up with a few years of this s***? God I hope the Bidwills don’t put up with this s*** just because they already paid these idiots. Should really have known better than to hire Mike McCoy’s conservative ass. There’s a reason Denver got rid of him mid season and improved.
1000% agreed.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I had them at 5-11 before the season, bumped it down to 3-13 after the first three games. I thought today's game would be one they could get, but alas..

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Greg Moore has another trash article on azcentral tonight. Says if the kick is good Wilks is a hero. He must not have been watching the game. We have the most scared coaching staff in the league. His talk about toughness is all talk. He has no guts.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I lost almost all faith in the coaching staff as soon as I heard Wilks say that winning in the preseason was important. I know that's silly, but made me think about past teams like that and putting an emphasis on preseason games seemed odd.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

And did anyone here think that Phil Dawson was going to hit that fg? How many games has he lost the Cardinals the past 1 1/4 seasons? I feel like he's the Manchurian Candidate on this team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Agree, had no doubt he’d miss it. Pathetic but when you know your kicker and you’re firing on all cylinders you should work to get closer

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Terrible

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It feels like the Suns last year in the first 3 games.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yep. Just embarrassing.

I can’t think of a better way to ruin Josh Rosen.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If I’m Bidwill, I’m seeing that the team personnel is not much changed from last year, and now we have a healthy DJ, Golden is back and we have arguably a more competent QB. So when a new staff comes in and every facet of the game aside from special teams is struggling, no players have improved from last year, I’m seeing this as a huge indictment of this entire staff. McCoy is not enough. I’ve already had enough of Wilks cliche press conferences. It’s like he read coaching for dummies or watched Remember the Titans 10 times.