NBA 2k19

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Danimal

NBA 2k19

Post by Danimal »

Did anyone buy nba2k19

Playing my career and booker is golden if you run a pick and roll or pop with him. Look at those assists fly. Warren is much in the same boat as at least in the game he has a decent 3pt shot

Ayton is decent but doesn’t seem to dunk it that much?!

Jackson is good at drawing fouls if you attack the hoop.

Indy

Re: NBA 2k19

Post by Indy »

i did but have only played a single quick game. need to get back to it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've played a fair bit of MyCareer games as a post scoring, shot creator Power Forward. The AI still needs a lot of work defensively, but now that I've leveled my player up to 80 OVR with some badges I can cover up for some of the unrealistic dumb stuff.
Danimal wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 am
2K initially had his tendencies all fucked up. I think it's been fixed, but for a while they had his dunk tendency at like 5 when the position average was in the 80's or something like that. It's the main reason why I didn't sign with the Suns and why I haven't started MyGM with them yet, I'm waiting for the opening night roster update.

What console are you using?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:57 pm
I've played a fair bit of MyCareer games as a post scoring, shot creator Power Forward. The AI still needs a lot of work defensively, but now that I've leveled my player up to 80 OVR with some badges I can cover up for some of the unrealistic dumb stuff.
Danimal wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:15 am
2K initially had his tendencies all f*** up. I think it's been fixed, but for a while they had his dunk tendency at like 5 when the position average was in the 80's or something like that. It's the main reason why I didn't sign with the Suns and why I haven't started MyGM with them yet, I'm waiting for the opening night roster update.

What console are you using?

Ps4

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Also FF how do you go about getting easy VC?

I used to have 2k on ps3 and knew all the hacks but now got nothing except when you play after half time then simulate some games on my career but it doesn’t provide a good return

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:53 am
Also FF how do you go about getting easy VC?

I used to have 2k on ps3 and knew all the hacks but now got nothing except when you play after half time then simulate some games on my career but it doesn’t provide a good return
There was an exploit for about a week when the game was released but 2K hot fixed that really quick. I still managed to get about 30K out of doing it. I just play the game now and grind VC the ol' fashioned way. I'm doing fine on All-Star difficulty right now and I'm not very interested in playing park games with random morons, so I don't really care much about improving my player quickly.

In reality, I probably won't touch this game for a while once RDR2 is released in about 4 weeks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I've been having a good time playing MyGM with the Suns. I'm about halfway through the 2019-20 season right now and want to share this Zion clip. I picked him 5th in the draft with the Knicks pick, which I swapped for the Suns early in the 2018-19 season when my record was terrible. I ended up finishing 5th in the West, so it was quite a steal.

Whoever created the draft class I downloaded gave Zion the Hall of Fame level Posterizer badge, so I've been just trying to dunk on every big man in the league. Good times.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Zion went 5th!?!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I know. I was really surprised as well.

I was a little pissed off at the game because the Knicks looked like a lock for the second worst record in the league until they went on a winning streak in the last few weeks of the season and ended up the 5th worst. Zion was my number one guy and the mock drafts had him going in the top 3, so I thought I was screwed. I resigned to hoping for Nassir Little out of UNC and probably trading out of the pick if I couldn't get him. Then the first four picks played out as..

1. Boston (via Sacramento) - RJ Barrett
2. Miami - Sekou Doumbouya (French International, who looks pretty good IRL.)
3. Cleveland - Nassir Little
4. Atlanta - Romeo Langford

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Anything is possible.