Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Week 8 12/3-12/9

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:56 am
If you put Luka Doncic on this team instead and is it going to be any better?

No. So enough of this ridiculous "regret not picking Donic" s***.
Your campaign to discredit Doncic aside, just in general, the Suns would be improved if they had another high level offensive initiator/creator.

Bobster is right in that clearly the Suns' issues are larger than just one player.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:56 am
If you put Luka Doncic on this team instead and is it going to be any better?

No. So enough of this ridiculous "regret not picking Donic" s***.
Your campaign to discredit Doncic aside, just in general, the Suns would be improved if they had another high level offensive initiator/creator.

Bobster is right in that clearly the Suns' issues are larger than just one player.
if the suns are really intent on not getting a credible pg this season, then yes, doncic would have made made this team more functional, but the team would still be tanking by february (not december.)
Last edited by SDC on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Pretty accurate.
#SarverOut

SDC

Post by SDC »

i'd cross philly off the list of trading partners for ariza.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What's going on with TJ? Does anyone remember when he hurt his ankle? Maybe it happened in practice, but has anyone seen him at the game on the sidelines? Maybe it's me, and I've noticed Booker, but haven't noticed Warren at all in the past couple games. Sounds like he's out for this game tonight too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

My gut tells me we should pump the breaks on Dinwiddie. He wants the TJ Warren contract. He's shooting well from the field but his numbers from 3 aren't that great. His assist numbers have dipped quite significantly while his scoring has gone up. His history concerns me. Is this a guy that has turned the corner at 25 like TJ Warren? Or are the numbers an anomaly. If he can come here & get back to dishing out 6-7 assists per game with Booker's ability to play make it could maybe work. I'd just be very wary of what we're offering up. This ( https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... trades-nba ) suggests Trevor Ariza, Dragan Bender, and the Bucks pick for Spencer Dinwiddie and Kenneth Faried. :?:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's in TJ's contract that he has to miss 20 games each season with a specific yet non-specific mystery injury.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

carey wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
My gut tells me we should pump the breaks on Dinwiddie. He wants the TJ Warren contract. He's shooting well from the field but his numbers from 3 aren't that great. His assist numbers have dipped quite significantly while his scoring has gone up. His history concerns me. Is this a guy that has turned the corner at 25 like TJ Warren? Or are the numbers an anomaly. If he can come here & get back to dishing out 6-7 assists per game with Booker's ability to play make it could maybe work. I'd just be very wary of what we're offering up. This ( https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2018 ... trades-nba ) suggests Trevor Ariza, Dragan Bender, and the Bucks pick for Spencer Dinwiddie and Kenneth Faried. :?:
That seems like way too much to give up.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

My issue is not giving him the contract (which you absolutely need to if you acquire him). I believe he is a good player worth it, our cap space is not going to attract any major FA and, if by some miracle one difference maker wanted to come here, there are easy ways to make room.

But I go back and forth on the value of that pick. It won't convey this season and it will be protected top7 next year.

The thing is MIL will have to re-sign Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon and Lopez so the '19-20 Bucks could slip.

At the same time, things are unwatchable right now. But perhaps we are looking at a case of too little too late to spend that asset.

My heart (and my eyes) want to say yes, but my head says no.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s really just the bucks pick for dinwiddie. That doesn’t seem like a lot. The trade I prefer is Ariza for Collison. I’d do Ariza for Fultz too. I still think he’s worth the risk.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Split T wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 am
It’s really just the bucks pick for dinwiddie. That doesn’t seem like a lot. The trade I prefer is Ariza for Collison. I’d do Ariza for Fultz too. I still think he’s worth the risk.
Particularly if it is actually physical as the most recent doctor says. Although they always talk about him as a SG and not a PG which confuses me with the clamour for him.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Mods, just create a poll for us and see what everyone wants in return for Ariza. I'm in camp Collison right now.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 am
Tbh, I think prefer the trade for Milos and Boban.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I also prefer just Ariza for Collison.

Split T

Post by Split T »

England Sun wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 am
Particularly if it is actually physical as the most recent doctor says. Although they always talk about him as a SG and not a PG which confuses me with the clamour for him.
I think that’s just because Simmons is the pg in philly. Fultz has actually played well when the ball is in his hands. He can get into the lane, make all the passes, etc. It’s the inability to shoot that makes him a bad fit next to Simmons who also needs the ball.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Bob Young has more details on the SGA/Mikal trade fiasco:

The trade that Sarver overruled was the Suns pick and the MIL pick for SGA. We also had one on the table of #16 for a future unprotected pick.

You can argue about who will be the better long-term player, but the fact that we desperately needed a PG and the MIL pick is significantly less valuable than the MIA one makes this a completely dumbfounding move by Sarver. It’s actually crazy. I know he owns the team, but why in the world would he think he’s qualified to make these basketball decisions????

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t really see how it was a Bridges or SGA situation. At least not in the way it’s been explained. The clippers had already traded for SGA when we made the Bridges trade.

It’s possible we had a discussion about trading up for either Bridges or SGA and decided on Bridges, but just failed to pull off a trade. You’d think we would’ve just done the SGA trade once we failed to get Bridges though. Unless philly gave us some kind of indication that they’d be willing to still move Bridges.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I really liked SGA last year in college even tho I typically don't go for taller PGs. I thought strength and weight would be an issue early on but I loved his ability to handle the ball and run a team. He's a legit lead guard. I wasn't unhappy with Bridges and I would've been a lot more upset with DiVincenzo.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I like Bridges and I'm really glad we got him but if we could have only had one, I'd have preferred SGA since we have a large hole at PG. I would not have been too happy if all we ended up with was DiVincenzo.
"Be Legendary."